Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Might be handy if people gave their approx locations. In Swords (North Dublin) at the moment I'm getting
    245Mbps down and 20 Mbps.

I've been using them for about a year I think. Never really noticed a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Might be handy if people gave their approx locations. In Swords (North Dublin) at the moment I'm getting

You could identify the mast with the Cellmapper app.

That would nail it down to one mast.

Unfortunately, even then, it does predict what someone else in the area will get.

Speed is influenced by a large number of factors including location, relationship to mast, obstructions between receiver and mast, load on the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

timetogo1 wrote: »

My last post (screenshot of 4g speed) was taken outside kk city. Was going to get a family member a card for WiFi in Ashbourne, absolutely brutal reception. Couldn't believe it.

screamer wrote: »
    I also dint think theyve increased the data allowance on the old 9.99 a month deal.

The T & Cs say 120GB and don't distinguish between the two rates so I can't see how they could limit it to the more expensive plan but I will run it up over 80GB in December and see what the story is.

48 was crap me and GoMo is anywhere up to 150G so totally dependent on where you are and the load on the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

paddy19 wrote: »
    The T & Cs say 120GB and don't distinguish between the two rates so I can't see how they could limit it to the more expensive plan but I will run it up over 80GB in December and see what the story is.

48 was crap me and GoMo is anywhere up to 150G so totally dependent on where you are and the load on the mast.

I'm still on the 9.99 and I went over 100GB last month without as much as the 80% of allowance warning text .

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    I'm still on the 9.99 and I went over 100GB last month without as much as the 80% of allowance warning text .

Yes GoMo confirmed.

Thank you for getting in touch!!!

Yes both plans, both 9.99 and 12.99 will now avail of the 120 GB :)

I hope this helps

Kind REgards
    GoMo Customer Care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Getting good stable 5G in Tallaght Village and Terenure:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=535931&stc=1&d=1607765042

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Interesting to see what, I use GoMo for broadband access so seeing 5g in action is welcome. Will be waiting for 5G wifi routers to drop a bit in price before investigating further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

cookie1977 wrote: »

That is great to see! I am seeing it a lot when heading into town on the LUAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

madmoe wrote: »
    That is great to see! I am seeing it a lot when heading into town on the LUAS.

So do gomo have the same 5g reach as eir or is this some phantom tower that is 5g enabled for gomo? A gomo spokesperson said gomo wouldnt be getting 5g for a long time only about 15 months ago.

Hopefully it does get rolled out. It would put pressure on 48 then to do the same!

• Advertisement

I dont know if it's a phantom or not but if it's a phantom then it's a number of phantom towers, definitely not just one. I can see it connecting to different towers in these areas at 5G speeds. The speeds aren't turbo but, as I said, they are stable. I'm not really outside of these areas given the current situation.

I dont know if it's a phantom or not but if it's a phantom then it's a number of phantom towers, definitely not just one. I can see it connecting to different towers in these areas at 5G speeds. The speeds aren't turbo but, as I said, they are stable. I'm not really outside of these areas given the current situation.

Sounds promising so. Until it's a bit more widespread I wouldn't be too bothered with it but nice to see even the mnvos not falling behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have connected to a tower in Clondalkin and then again around James's Hospital at 5G and around Jervis as well. The top speed seems to always be around 100Mbps, never much higher than that for me.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just wondering has anyone on here used data while roaming? My son is in Amsterdam and thinks he might be near his 10gb limit.

Do you definitely get the warning text at 80 per cent usage and then at 100 per cent? His phone doesn't break down WiFi and data usage.

Kilsmum

kilsmum wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone on here used data while roaming? My son is in Amsterdam and thinks he might be near his 10gb limit.

Do you definitely get the warning text at 80 per cent usage and then at 100 per cent? His phone doesn't break down WiFi and data usage.

Kilsmum

What phone has he got? All smartphones split wifi and data usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

stupid question, but I'm on rolling bill with Eir....can I switch from Eir to Gomo?

Can I just do it online??

Nalz wrote: »
    stupid question, but I'm on rolling bill with Eir....can I switch from Eir to Gomo?

Can I just do it online??

You can always switch to GoMo no matter from what provider.

You can always switch to GoMo no matter from what provider.

feckers in eir support told me otherwise

feckers in eir support told me otherwise

Are you on a contract with Eir? If not its just a matter of getting the SIM card and porting your number over.

Are you on a contract with Eir? If not its just a matter of getting the SIM card and porting your number over.

they told me Gomo was ran by eir and was for new customers only. Raging.

I checked my eir Account and it says I'm in a contract with them for 2 years!!! it should be rolling contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

they told me Gomo was ran by eir and was for new customers only. Raging.

I checked my eir Account and it says I'm in a contract with them for 2 years!!! it should be rolling contract.

Look back at the Eir contract you signed up for, eir not always shows the correct terms online.

If you are in a 30 day contract just get a gomo Sim and than port over.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Hi

I would be grateful if anybody could let me know of the link to "refer a friend " offer from go mo and how it works. Go mo terms and conditions are very convoluted and unclear. Go mo messaged me to say it was only available to a limited number and gave impression it ended but it doesnt end until 16 Dec. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Is anyone else having an issue with Call catcher and voicemail notifications? I'm not getting the text messages anymore - they were working fine up until 10 days ago or so. I didn't change any settings and Call Catcher is still switched on.

I have contacted GoMo with the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Do many still have this issue on-going or is it just a few people that have been bothered? Just had an elderly family member complaining to me about it and weighing up whether to contact GoMo or wait it out if they are fixing a bigger issue.

Also notice that the voicemail notification (tape symbol) on android phone doesn't go away despite there being no voicemails.

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    Do many still have this issue on-going or is it just a few people that have been bothered? Just had an elderly family member complaining to me about it and weighing up whether to contact GoMo or wait it out if they are fixing a bigger issue.

Also notice that the voicemail notification (tape symbol) on android phone doesn't go away despite there being no voicemails.

Jim
    I get the call catcher messages but they're very late arriving and often tell me the wrong time the call was missed at too.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I get the call catcher messages but they're very late arriving and often tell me the wrong time the call was missed at too.

Yep. After posting the above I got an avalanche of all the missed call texts at once. Some of the missed calls were from days ago but text saying it was missed today. Hope they sort it out.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Have you considered that it might be that the network is strained to it limits. I got a GoMo sim last month and speedtests were regularly showing speeds of less than 1Mbps. This was from day 1. I cancelled before the month was out.

Well when you're all over the country and it's 0.5Mbps everywhere but your Eir work sim is rocking 20 or 30 on the same network, it's throttling

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Well when you're all over the country and it's 0.5Mbps everywhere but your Eir work sim is rocking 20 or 30 on the same network, it's throttling

I'm not doubting what you are seeing but it makes no sense for GoMo to throttle to 0.5 when 20 is available. I'm getting 187 at present which is pretty amazing.
    I must be on a very lightly loaded mast.

It sounds like you are picking up 3g or 2g.

Be great if you could run a wee test using one of the apps (Network Cell Info) that identify the mast and signal you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

99nsr125 wrote:

Or a faulty SIM perhaps.

paddy19 wrote: »
    I'm not doubting what you are seeing but it makes no sense for GoMo to throttle to 0.5 when 20 is available. I'm getting 187 at present which is pretty amazing.
    I must be on a very lightly loaded mast.

It sounds like you are picking up 3g or 2g.

Be great if you could run a wee test using one of the apps (Network Cell Info) that identify the mast and signal you are on.

That was everywhere
    Sim was replaced time and time again
    Used another GoMo sim in my phone and it was full speed

It was my account regardless of sim, phone, mast, location or time of day

My account was restricted aka throttling

• Advertisement

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Or a faulty SIM perhaps.

Nope,

Full speed in beginning
    Three subsequent sims showed no difference