Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

I'm the only one that hasn't received a bill this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

longcock wrote: »

Actually, just noticed last notification was 2/12/2020, I don't get paper bills, just the standard pdf uploaded into my gomo online account.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

longcock wrote: »

I havent received one. I thought I might have accidentally deleted the email but I just checked my a/c online and there’s none there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Actually, just noticed last notification was 2/12/2020, I don't get paper bills, just the standard pdf uploaded into my gomo online account.
    I just checked. I have 4 sims over two different accounts. I did not get a bill for either account. I logged in and find the last bill is dated 1st December.
    Are things that bad in Eir that they cannot even collect the money ??? LOLOLOLOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Apologies if already asked, can I hot-spot off my gomo sim. I've been with them from the start €9.99 per month deal, I use very little data as I use 3 WiFi at home but it's gone to ****e over the past few weeks. At the same time go mo data speeds have increased dramatically, previously not great but calling perfect. I live quite rural, Just wondering is there additional charges for hot spoting? thanks

I have another gomo sim in a router in the wilds of Donegal and it is working without issue for data and facebook/whatsapp calling.

• Advertisement

I just checked. I have 4 sims over two different accounts. I did not get a bill for either account. I logged in and find the last bill is dated 1st December.
    Are things that bad in Eir that they cannot even collect the money ??? LOLOLOLOL

If only my all my monthly bills were €9.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I was never invoiced for January yet. I'm usually involved at start of the month. Interesting. Fingers crossed January is free.

I'm useless at computers but could anybody help me please. I had been using go mo as a hotspot ( tethering) from my Samsung A70 to my Asus Laptop. This worked without issue for past year. Suddenly it doesnt work. The laptop detects the phone but no internet. Would anybody have a solution. It's a Windows 7 laptop. Many thanks for any help.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You haven't exausted your allowance, have you? If not, try switching the phone to aeroplane mode and back again. Or click on "forget network" on the computer where the GoMo connection is listed, then get the computer to check for available connections, select GoMo again and re-enter the password your phone gives you for its network onto the prompt on the computer.

New Home wrote: »
    You haven't exausted your allowance, have you? If not, try switching the phone to aeroplane mode and back again. Or click on "forget network" on the computer where the GoMo connection is listed, then get the computer to check for available connections, select GoMo again and re-enter the password your phone gives you for its network onto the prompt on the computer.

Re tethering problem from A70 smartphone to windows 7 laptop.

Thanks for the reply. What comes up on my laptop under " open network and sharing centre" is Samsung A70 no internet access directly under heading "Wireless network centre" it states " Samsung A70 - Connected"

There is a yellow exclamation mark under the icon at the bottom of the screen.

I went in to " manage wireless networks that use ( wireless network connection) and removed the Samsung A70 then tried to reconnect tethering by typing in the samsung smartphone password on to the laptop but it still will not connect.

I can not understand why the go mo tethering suddenly stopped after months of working perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does USB and / or Bluetooth tethering work?

Can you tether to any other device?

Can you edit the APN type to include DUN or dun in the existing entry, prefix it with a comma.

Does a restart of either phone or laptop make any difference?

Is there an option on laptop to release / renew network settings for that connection?

Try changing the network name and password in phone settings.

Can wifi channels be set on phone and laptop, 2.4 and / or 5GHz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you accidentally switched on the data saver on your phone? That would prevent it from tethering. Also, are you sure you haven't reached your usage limit for the month, or that the phone hasn't a limit set? Can you access the internet from your phone?

Also, if you right-click on the yellow triangle with the black exclamation mark (or equivalent), you should get an option that reads "troubleshoot problems". Have you tried that to see if it makes a difference?

If none of these options work, I'd get in touch with GoMo - the fact that you haven't been billed might mean (pure speculation on my part, though!) that your account has been suspended/closed/whathaveyou/or thar there are problems in general.

Have you accidentally switched on the data saver on your phone? That would prevent it from tethering. Also, are you sure you haven't reached your usage limit for the month, or that the phone hasn't a limit set? Can you access the internet from your phone?

Also, if you right-click on the yellow triangle with the black exclamation mark (or equivalent), you should get an option that reads "troubleshoot problems". Have you tried that to see if it makes a difference?

If none of these options work, I'd get in touch with GoMo - the fact that you haven't been billed might mean (pure speculation on my part, though!) that your account has been suspended/closed/whathaveyou/or thar there are problems in general.

Problem tethering from phone to laptop

Thanks for the help. I just checked and data saver is off. I'm well within my data limit and phone data is working perfectly.

"Troubleshooting problems" does not resolve the issue.

My go mo account hasn't been suspended. Many other customers did not receive their January invoice yet according to boards posters.

Unfortunately the problem is a nuisance as I relied on tethering which worked perfectly up to now.

Sorry I couldn't help you fix it, hope you get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Same as other posters on here. Did not receive a bill for January. No response to my query either.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Problem tethering from phone to laptop

Thanks for the help. I just checked and data saver is off. I'm well within my data limit and phone data is working perfectly.

"Troubleshooting problems" does not resolve the issue.

My go mo account hasn't been suspended. Many other customers did not receive their January invoice yet according to boards posters.

Unfortunately the problem is a nuisance as I relied on tethering which worked perfectly up to now.

Just out of curiosity, are you getting data coverage on the phone itself, probably an obvious question but just wondered if you've tested data without tethering. Separately I also had a similar issue a while back and resolved it by renaming the hotpot, created new password and the connection issue resolved itself (admitidly on a different network at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Same as other posters on here. Did not receive a bill for January. No response to my query either.

This made me go into the portal and check and I don't have a bill either.

Usually, it's also taken from my card around the 9th, but nothing there either.

This made me go into the portal and check and I don't have a bill either.

Usually, it's also taken from my card around the 9th, but nothing there either.

Me too, very very curious this, I've put a query in as I also noticed chat facility not available either. Last bill generated was December, DD today but none nor pending.

I got a pleasant surprise this morning, I live in the Slieve Bloom mountains, the only network that appears to have masts in the area was 3.indeed out of the 2 locally, one was only upgraded to 4g before Christmas.

I use 3 WiFi primarily because no other network had anywhere near the speeds albeit even at that 3 has only improved in the past few months. Bizzarely they've quadrupled upload speeds (perhaps to cater for more working at home) download speeds remain around 19 to 30 megs on a good day.

GOMO was dreadful re data speed , at best 4 Meg download, less than 1 upload. Calls, texts never an issue, so for €9.99 pm, not rocket science.

This morning to my shock, some unbelievable speeds on gomo data. Attached, screenshot. I can't explain it, I'm not aware EIR/GOMO share masts. Eitherway great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Email bill received in last few minutes, payable 17th. January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have you tried the suggestions listed in earlier post...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115878756&postcount=2420

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BowWow wrote: »
    Email bill received in last few minutes, payable 17th. January.

They are reading this thread ;-)

Just posted online as BILL ISSUED on 10/01/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheIrishLegend

Hi All. I have a constant notification in my notification bar - "New Voicemail". When I click it - it sys Voicemail Number not set. If I select a contact from my phonebook as the number i.e. Voicemail 171 it says Failed to Read data - VM number cat be changed.

Anyone know how to fix this. Sorry if it has been answered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭maniac2003

Hi All. I have a constant notification in my notification bar - "New Voicemail". When I click it - it sys Voicemail Number not set. If I select a contact from my phonebook as the number i.e. Voicemail 171 it says Failed to Read data - VM number cat be changed.

Anyone know how to fix this. Sorry if it has been answered before.

Yes have the same issue here

Try ringing your own number but adding a 5 between the code and the number itself, e.g. 085 5 1234567, then press # as soon as the automated response starts. It should bring you to your voicemail/ settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheIrishLegend

Try ringing your own number but adding a 5 between the code and the number itself, e.g. 085 5 1234567, then press # as soon as the automated response starts. It should bring you to your voicemail/ settings.

This worked a treat. Thank you.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Have you tried the suggestions listed in earlier post...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115878756&postcount=2420

I will try this later on today. Thanks so much for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Hi All,

Is anybody having issues with dropped calls. It is happening all the time and I have swapped phones to no avail. GoMo support asked to switch off 4g which I did but still no joy. Where do I access the webchat as all I can do is fill out the support form each time I wish to communicate with them?

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Questionee1902

I am very happy with this GOMO, 86.8 mbps download, 27.5 upload 17ms ping in East Cork.

Just a question, for my work I need to receive authentication call from US (just for 5 seconds to click key on the keypad) will I need to pay extra for that or is that free? i.e. is receiving call from US free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I am very happy with this GOMO, 86.8 mbps download, 27.5 upload 17ms ping in East Cork.

Just a question, for my work I need to receive authentication call from US (just for 5 seconds to click key on the keypad) will I need to pay extra for that or is that free? i.e. is receiving call from US free?

They'll be free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Anyone else having problems viewing my account on gomo? Want to access my puk. This is bloody annoying

Advertisement