Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

GoMo is now 14.99 EUR a month, for new customers, for what appears to be the same package. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It is but at least they aren't doing a VM or Sky job on it and hitting all their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Corbally76

JTMan wrote:
    GoMo is now 14.99 EUR a month, for new customers, for what appears to be the same package. Disappointing.

GoMo customers on this plan will however get 4G calling and WiFi calling included. According to the news section of the GoMo website existing customers should get 4G/WiFi calling included in their plans by the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

GoMo customers on this plan will however get 4G calling and WiFi calling included. According to the news section of the GoMo website existing customers should get 4G/WiFi calling included in their plans by the end of the summer.

It'll presumably be same as Eir's which supposedly works well.

It does, however, need the handset to be compatible so it won't work for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I can usually stream live radio without a hitch all over Dublin through GoMo, but it hasn't been reliable at all over the past few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Corbally76 wrote: »

Great news! All modern Galaxy S10/S20/S21 etc. supported I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

madmoe wrote: »
    Great news! All modern Galaxy S10/S20/S21 etc. supported I wonder?

Assuming the support is the same as eir's WiFi calling then any Samsung flagship after the S6 will support it, along with select Samsung A-series, flagship Huawei phones, and all iPhones.

I'm pretty annoyed that this was just a price increase from GoMo. I really thought they'd start offering 5G at least.

I've an inactive 48 account that still shows the €7.99 offer so might switch to that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 raz789

I was double charged by GoMo, sent a support ticket and they got back to me. Sent the info they requested but it has been three days.
    Seems like they can't find it against my account. I can clearly see it in my back account.
    Will probably have to raise a dispute with the bank? How likely are they to ban my sim because of that?

raz789 wrote: »
    I was double charged by GoMo, sent a support ticket and they got back to me. Sent the info they requested but it has been three days.
    Seems like they can't find it against my account. I can clearly see it in my back account.
    Will probably have to raise a dispute with the bank? How likely are they to ban my sim because of that?
    Give the bank a ring first, one of the charges could just be pending and go away in a few days itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 raz789

feargantae wrote: »
    Give the bank a ring first, one of the charges could just be pending and go away in a few days itself.

Nah it's been there since March 5th so it hasn't been cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

My Vodafone bill pay contract ends in a few weeks, I've got a GoMo SIM that came last week and I've scheduled to port my VF over on to that SIM a few days before my contract with VF finishes.

Do I have to do anything else, ie. tell Vodafone? Or will they see that I've ported and close my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My Vodafone bill pay contract ends in a few weeks, I've got a GoMo SIM that came last week and I've scheduled to port my VF over on to that SIM a few days before my contract with VF finishes.

Do I have to do anything else, ie. tell Vodafone? Or will they see that I've ported and close my account?

You need to reschedule it for a day after the contract ends otherwise you will be breaking the Vodafone contract early and they will charge you for it and probably block the port. Once you are out of contract then you can port where you want without telling them. When the port completes Vodafone will issue your final bill.

I'd wait until you were out of contract completely schedule the move to happen on the following day 1am etc, no you don't need to contact VF they'll know the number has been moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Perfect I'll do that, thanks to you both.

IMO that should work BUT it depends on how VF handle it.

If you port after the contract ends then you're into another month and the usual procedure is that they charge pro rata until you leave. However, there may be a clause that requires 30 days notice and they might charge for not doing so....check the contract terms as it might say that you're into a 30 day rolling contract.

If you leave before the contract ends then the only "penalty" is that the amount payable is the amount up to the end of the contract...which you'll have to pay anyway...in fact you've probably already paid for the last month in advance as they normally charge the fixed charge in advance and any out of allowance usage in the next bill.

The other option is to schedule a switch to VF PAYG and that should leave it free to port to Gomo at any time.

Vodafone seem to be particularly awkward about end of contract clauses etc, all designed to catch customers out no matter what you do.

Don't forget to get the phone unlock code from VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone any thoughts on what the strategic thinking is of Eir by increasing the price of GoMo to 14.99?

Eir still have the lowest market share, and the worst reputation, and therefore need the best prices to attract customers.

Are Eir trying to lead the market to higher prices? and then ensure they have the lowest price?

Will Eir figure out other ways to have the most competitive prices? New shadow brand perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

JTMan wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on what the strategic thinking is of Eir by increasing the price of GoMo to 14.99?

Eir still have the lowest market share, and the worst reputation, and therefore need the best prices to attract customers.

Are Eir trying to lead the market to higher prices? and then ensure they have the lowest price?

Will Eir figure out other ways to have the most competitive prices? New shadow brand perhaps?

Maybe they've copped that they're attracting a load of young customers who're slamming their data allowances and decided to slow it down a bit before their network feels too much pain? Hard to know.

Overall I think the MNO side is an afterthought for HSQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Anyone know if its possible save a €9.99 gomo subscription for a different number. I'm thinking of moving my number out to another operator but would like to move a relative's number onto the plan. Porting my number out is easy but is there any way to keep the account open/active while I port in another number?

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    Anyone know if its possible save a €9.99 gomo subscription for a different number. I'm thinking of moving my number out to another operator but would like to move a relative's number onto the plan. Porting my number out is easy but is there any way to keep the account active while I port in another number?

Jim

No, when you port out the account will get closed. You could replace your number with hers on your account but you would be surrendering your current number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

@ten pin

I left Vodafone after my contract was up and ported to GoMo €10pm. My final Vodafone bill was -€7.49 in credit. Still haven’t got refunded though. Depending on when you leave, it can give you a credit.

Edit: my Vodafone bills were due on the 23rd every month, I ported out on the 5th of August so calculate that whatever date your bill is due

I left Vodafone after my contract was up and ported to GoMo €10pm. My final Vodafone bill was -€7.49 in credit. Still haven’t got refunded though. Depending on when you leave, it can give you a credit

Don’t hold your breath, I moved from VF bill pay to payg and had something similar in credit owed to me I tried getting it back a few times but I just gave up in the end, I still get a text every month from them!!

Virgin Media Ireland to refund over 100,000 customers after telecoms watchdog ruling
    Virgin was continuing to charge customers after services were cancelled. It then failed to refund customers.

It has affected 265,000 Virgin Media broadband and television customers over the six-year period.

Virgin has until March 31 to repay the the 107,000 outstanding customers that have not had a credit applied or which have left the service. The average customer refund will be €33.
    Comreg also said the practice of retaining the credits goes against sections of the Communications Regulation Act 2002.
    https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/virgin-media-ireland-to-refund-over-100000-customers-after-telecoms-watchdog-ruling-39874983.html

Make a formal complaint to Vodafone to get your refund, the precedent is set with that ruling on VMs similar behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Interesting, I got 5G connection on my Galaxy ZFold2 out in Furry Park in Santry earlier. I didn't know GoMo were using 5G yet?

lafors wrote: »
    Interesting, I got 5G connection on my Galaxy ZFold2 out in Furry Park in Santry earlier. I didn't know GoMo were using 5G yet?

They seem to be testing it, but if you do a speedtest it'll be capped at 100Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

If I go over 120gb fup on GoMo ,do they charge extra or limit download after does anyone know?

RonTon wrote: »
    If I go over 120gb fup on GoMo ,do they charge extra or limit download after does anyone know?

They slow the connection down (2mbps iirc). You won't get charged extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

That's exactly what I got 100mbps. Still good to see they're testing.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Where are you getting the information about them "testing" 5G? Ive been getting 5G since I got by iphone 12 which was the start of November. They have never made any reference to 5G except that its not supported on the gomo network at present, which is obviously inaccurate.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Where are you getting the information about them "testing" 5G? Ive been getting 5G since I got by iphone 12 which was the start of November. They have never made any reference to 5G except that its not supported on the gomo network at present, which is obviously inaccurate.

There's no mention of it on their website, and if you ask them they'll say it's 4G only. But with so many people getting 5G consistently and especially the fact it's capped at 100Mb it doesn't take much to work out that there has to be some testing going on otherwise they'd just announce it already

Advertisement