Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Clubs

Options
  • 16-10-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for kids after school clubs for a 7 year old that likes music, art, drama etc.
    Seems to be alot of sports clubs but not much else.
    I don't mind travelling around a half hours or so to get to the club.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for kids after school clubs for a 7 year old that likes music, art, drama etc.
    Seems to be alot of sports clubs but not much else.
    I don't mind travelling around a half hours or so to get to the club.

Thanks.

Dance Republic worth a shout? I know they've a base in Carlow town (Wex. Rd. Bus. Pk.?) but they're also now in Borris in the town hall there; think latter's on Friday evenings only but worth contacting them in any case.

For Drama maybe contact Spotlight & Carlow Little Theatre Society & maybe Carlow Regional Youth Services; I know latter're teenage orientated but they might be able point you in right direction.

Music? Carlow Music School in Penny Lane (where Homesavers our UK Discount Store Overlord are) on R.H.S.; it's a light blue door there.

But there are other music schools around Carlow town too; I did the piano but probably wasn't 7 starting off but think long term; your child could be your pension ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

This is out the N80 near Circle K at Tinryland

https://balletbarnschool.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Andy’s Music store on castle hill in town do individual music lessons in various instruments. Might be worth looking in to if child likes music.

As someone else said The Ballet Barn comes highly recommended. They do both ballet and modern dance.

Then you have Spotlight and Slapdash Theatre for drama etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into these and see which ones he likes x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into these and see which ones he likes x

Reminds me Krzysztof Baranowski does dance lessons (Ballroom, Jive, Rumba, Salsa, Latin etc.) for all age ranges; I think Fiona Hutton does too and I'm 100% Marie Cashin School of Dance'd also facilitate you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement