Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Fantastic to see the plans have been "paused"!

No TDs will want this problem in there own backyards coming up to an election next year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You realise that the recent influx of fake asylum seekers are white, right?? From Georgia and Albania.

Where did I say they weren't?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Fantastic to see the plans have been "paused"!

Terrible to see the locals looking so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Boggles wrote: »

What has the pigmentation of their skin got to do with anything??

What has the pigmentation of their skin got to do with anything??

You'll have to ask the basket of individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Here Boggles instead of your irritating posting style of just answering questions with questions, which actually doesn't bring anyone to your side if that's what you're trying to do, can you stop waiting a page to post so you can ignore other questions and actually answer them, here, let me repost.

Wouldn't these 30 million euro developments have to be for asylum seekers considering you also claim they can't entice citizens to live in these areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

1641 wrote: »
    Sure, the usual "DP sucks" .

Who owns the houses? Are they being offered by the owners for asylum seekers ? At what cost, if at all? How about food, heat, utilities? Should asylum seekers get an allowance to pay for all this (imagine outcry)? Are people going to get houses and "integrate into the community" before being processed? What about those who have integrated and don't get permission to remain?

Nah - Let's just stick to DP sucks.

Private citizens are not liable for the upkeep of asylum seekers. So.… ? the govt pay.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Here Boggles instead of your irritating posting style of just answering questions with questions, which actually doesn't bring anyone to your side if that's what you're trying to do, can you stop waiting a page to post so you can ignore other questions and actually answer them, here, let me repost.

Wouldn't these 30 million euro developments have to be for asylum seekers considering you also claim they can't entice citizens to live in these areas?

Nothing personal lad, but I don't tend to respond to "new" users on certain issues.

Rarely leads to anything constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭1641

Graces7 wrote: »
    Private citizens are not liable for the upkeep of asylum seekers. So.… ? the govt pay.

I am not sure what point you are making here.

Asylum seekers stay in private rented houses and the Government pays all their rent, food, heat, utilities, living allowance, etc ?

That is a solution? That is a serious proposal? There would be no outcry about that?

What would be the rental costs of these houses? Would it matter, given that "the Govn pays"? Would that money not be coming from taxpayers (private citizens) anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

For instance you have decided in your mind that the asylum seekers that may be housed in Achill are all ready dangerous violent criminals.

I didn't say that but the facts on asylum seekers and crimes speak for themselves and it's widely reported but for some reason certain media outlets seem to ignore /censor reports on it

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    I didn't say that but the facts on asylum seekers and crimes speak for themselves and it's widely reported but for some reason certain media outlets seem to ignore /censor reports on it

Ah you did. Own your words lad.
    Unfortunately Christianity doesn't have a say ,I'm sure when tourists complain of harrasment ,crime and likely serious assaults ,the islandslers will quickly about face

The meedja are not ignoring anything.

It's a narrative peddled largely by ne'er do wells who have zero proof to back up their racist nonsense.

What facts are they then?
    That some asylum seekers commit crimes? That's true, some do.
    Some Irish people also commit crimes.
    Just FYI, crimes are committed by all types of people in all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

bubblypop wrote: »
    That some asylum seekers commit crimes? That's true,

Were agreed so .

Were agreed so .

Way to edit my post, at least other posters can see what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

The tánaiste wants no more tds sticking their head over the parapet and questioning the benefits of the asylum spoofer industry. Can all tds please sing off the same hymn sheet, the media have signed up, ta!

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEDjPMEA2fpp2XBG6omSja0qGAgEKg8IACoHCAowyNLTATDN-jUwjbOhAQ?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

Tánaiste Simon Coveney has now warned all public representatives that they have an obligation to speak out against “hysterical language” being used to describe people seeking asylum in Ireland.

enricoh wrote: »
    The tánaiste wants no more tds sticking their head over the parapet and questioning the benefits of the asylum spoofer industry. Can all tds please sing off the same hymn sheet, the media have signed up, ta!

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEEDjPMEA2fpp2XBG6omSja0qGAgEKg8IACoHCAowyNLTATDN-jUwjbOhAQ?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

Tánaiste Simon Coveney has now warned all public representatives that they have an obligation to speak out against “hysterical language” being used to describe people seeking asylum in Ireland.

So an elected law maker has received a txt message stating he should be executed and you pull Coveney's perfectly reasonable response as the thing you have issue with in that article. You are further proof that he is spot on.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

https://www.forbes.com/sites/freylindsay/2019/08/29/refugees-in-germany-did-not-bring-higher-risk-to-germans/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

That some asylum seekers commit crimes? That's true, some do.
    Some Irish people also commit crimes.
    Just FYI, crimes are committed by all types of people in all walks of life.
    Some enthicities and ideologies are more prone to criminal activities. Making false and misleading asylum applications is only the start of it, when rejected the oragnised crime, gang-related and black tax-free market likely beckons next for them.

Also, if you take a quick look at prison stats over in Eng&W you'll observe that the religion of peace has 300% over-representation. White natives are actually down 10%, in the decade upto 2016.

Now some other ethnicities excel even beyond white natives in earning potential, namely Chinese and Indian (usually arrive on Uni/student visas), who are a really great bunch of lads, for the most part. At the very, very bottom of earnings (p/hr) are both Pakistan and Bangladeshi nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

alastair wrote: »
    The report is somewhat at odds with other sporadic studies that have emerged in Germany since the migrant crisis, such as one from 2018 which seemed to suggest that a rise in crime in Lower Saxony during 2015 and 2016 could be mostly attributed to the large inflow of migrants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45419466
    The claim: The deputy leader of the far-right party Alternative for Germany (AfD) said there had been "447 killings and murders" by illegal migrants in Germany last year.

Reality Check verdict: The German interior ministry says that in fact last year 27 illegal migrants either committed or attempted to commit murder or manslaughter. The 447 figure refers to killings or attempted killings by all asylum seekers and refugees, most of whom are in Germany legally. Overall crime in Germany has fallen to the lowest level since 1992, but there has been an increase in migrant crime.

Fun fact
    Then, on 9 September, there were rival far-right and left-wing demonstrations in Köthen, also in eastern Germany, after a German man died in an incident involving Afghan men
    Can you spot the bias?
    Here it is again "rival far-right and left-wing demonstrations"
    Let's reverse it
    Then, on 9 September, there were rival right-wing and far-left demonstrations in Köthen

Some enthicities and ideologies are more prone to criminal activities. Making false and misleading asylum applications is only the start of it, when rejected the oragnised crime, gang-related and black tax-free market likely beckons next for them.

Also, if you take a quick look at prison stats over in Eng&W you'll observe that the religion of peace has 300% over-representation. White natives are actually down 10%, in the decade upto 2016.

Now some other ethnicities excel even beyond white natives in earning potential, namely Chinese and Indian (usually arrive on Uni/student visas), who are a really great bunch of lads, for the most part. At the very, very bottom of earnings (p/hr) are both Pakistan and Bangladeshi nationals.

I would suggest that someone's socioeconomic status is far more of an indicator to whether or not they will become involved in crime.
    So, if those statistics you listed could be like fat again, with the incomes, education etc if offenders listed, instead of lazy race &/or religion, I think we could find the real reasons.

Also, when asylum claims are rejected, most eventually leave Ireland themselves, some are subject of deportation orders. Some do try the appeals process, if unsuccessful, they are also subject to deportation orders.

• Advertisement

I would suggest that someone's socioeconomic status is far more of an indicator to whether or not they will become involved in crime.
    So, if those statistics you listed could be like fat again, with the incomes, education etc if offenders listed, instead of lazy race &/or religion, I think we could find the real reasons.

Also, when asylum claims are rejected, most eventually leave Ireland themselves, some are subject of deportation orders. Some do try the appeals process, if unsuccessful, they are also subject to deportation orders.

Racial profiling plays it's role in UK sentencing too:
    For every 100 white women given prison sentences at crown courts for drug offences, 227 black women were given the same.

For black men, it was 141 for every 100 white men.

When certain ideologies don't allow females to attend Uni on their own, or have an independent work life, then yes, poverty will indeed become a perma-feature and self trapping event.
    Also, when asylum claims are rejected, most eventually leave Ireland themselves.
    Yet no evidence has been provided to support this 'theory' (other than random google links to nothingness). The only facts we have at hand are that a small number/percentage were removed.

We could also theorise that many dissapear into the black market or criminal underworld. The recent 'operation: Vantage' exposed a shed load of sham marriges and illegal taxi-licences being obtained using fraudulent means.

alastair wrote: »
    Racial profiling plays it's role in UK sentencing too:
    Random unfounded speculation. Courts tend to use something called 'evidence' these days. Hello?

Guess what, the majority of the victims and assailants of the London knifing carry-on, are black or mixed-ethnicities. That's because they're mostly involved in it, great surprise.

Yes, The funny thing is he has proven the above with his own links about economic activity and crime stats.

But he is trying to shoe horn in the CT that certain large groups of people are just born bad.

It's carnage to watch.

That's because they're mostly involved in it, great surprise.
    Do you have a source for this? It sounds pretty racist.

Yet no evidence has been provided to support this 'theory' (other than random google links to nothingness). The only facts we have at hand are that a small number/percentage were removed.

We could also theorise that many dissapear into the black market or criminal underworld. The recent 'operation: Vantage' exposed a shed load of sham marriges and illegal taxi-licences being obtained using fraudulent means.

Did any of those sham marriages or taxi licences expose these supposed ex-asylum seekers? Nope. Because there's been zero evidence of any failed asylum seekers not leaving the country, let alone being involved in any criminality. The 'theory' that people served with deportation orders remain here is supported by precisely nothing.

Random unfounded speculation. Courts tend to use something called 'evidence' these days. Hello?

You seem to have managed to miss that everyone in my stats were found guilty. It's nothing to do with evidence, it's to do with sentencing bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭1641

Some enthicities and ideologies are more prone to criminal activities.

If it is down to ethnicity or ideology (religion?) then maybe it applies to Irish Catholics :

Figures have shown that when this wave of Irish people got to the United States, a lot of them got involved in criminality.

In statistics listed in an article on news website Prado and taken from the book, Immigrant Life in New York City, 1825–1863, Irish people were shown to cause a lot of trouble in the city.

Some of the statistics listed are quite staggering.

More than half of all crime committed in New York in the 1850s was by Irish-born individuals.

In 1858 the Irish accounted for 35% of all of the prostitutes arrested in the city.

More than half of all those committed to NYC prison in 1858 were Irish-born.

In 1859, 74% of those convicted of drunk and disorderly conduct before the NY Court of Special Sessions were Irish-born. https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-united-states-commit-crime-fighting-dangerous-2004406-Mar2015/

Or just maybe there are other factors involved?

So immigrants are poorer and thus more likely to commit crimes?

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Do you have a source for this? It sounds pretty racist.
    It sounds pretty ignorant, even directly misleading not to acknowledge that.

..That the knifing epidemic in London doesn't have a certain race or mixed race factor attached to it.
    It started off with the 'grime rap' scene and has since escilated to county-lines and gang activity, surely this is basic common knowledge by now.

Advertisement