Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    Just to be clear then - you reckon you can evade a court order by leaving your house? 😂

Yeah it's that simple .

I can leave Dublin and be anywhere in the country in a few hours ,as can anyone else .

There was a serious incident in citywest shopping centre the other day where a African chap ran his car into someone , video showing it all over social media turns out the chap had several warrants out for him ,
    Still living at home

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You couldn’t. There’s ample evidence of snakes here. Head up to the zoo to begin with.
    Or the Oireachtas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gatling wrote: »
    Yeah it's that simple .

I can leave Dublin and be anywhere in the country in a few hours ,as can anyone else .

There was a serious incident in citywest shopping centre the other day where a African chap ran his car into someone , video showing it all over social media turns out the chap had several warrants out for him ,
    Still living at home

Best of luck with this cunning strategy. 😂

Best of luck with this cunning strategy. 😂

Are you claiming you can't ,

Are you claiming you can't ,

I love that the example you use to support this remarkable notion is a lad who was living in his home address and didn’t go anywhere. 😂

• Advertisement

I love that the example you use to support this remarkable notion is a lad who was living in his home address and didn’t go anywhere. 😂

It's a fact .

Now explain how you can't just walk out of dp or the asylum process and the Gardai will know exactly where you are are .

Is there some secret government agency tracking people or are you again making it up

It's a fact .

Now explain how you can't just walk out of dp or the asylum process and the Gardai will know exactly where you are are .

Is there some secret government agency tracking people or are you again making it up

Just to confirm - you’re using a lad who didn’t bother his arse hiding from a bench warrant to demonstrate you can hide from a court order by moving location. 😂😂

Just to confirm - you’re using a lad who didn’t bother

No .

You claimed that the guards would know where every failed asylum seeker would be

Just to confirm - to demonstrate you can hide from a court order by moving 😂😂

Nobody in direct provision is not known. So your question isn’t relevant.
    Their location is obviously known. Their ’alias‘ is a product of your imagination.

See

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

bubblypop wrote: »
    Terrible to see the locals looking so bad.

Having balls ya mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

If anyone thinks failed asylum seeks leave, I've a bridge to sell you.

Having balls ya mean

How do they look like they have balls? Exactly?
    Standing outside a building of empty apartments?

How do they look like they have balls? Exactly?
    Standing outside a building of empty apartments?

They stood up and said No .

They stood up and said No .

Said no to desperate people looking for a better life for them & their families?
    Wow, how impressive of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

Said no to desperate people looking for a better life for them & their families?

Or spoofers that got a few connecting flights to get here for our world class welfare system? That will put a strain on services for locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Incorrect. They said no to a lazy government trying to stick asylum seekers/ refugees in an unsuitable village aided and abetted by a few bleeding hearts and unscrupulous landlords who don't care about social issues and just care about filling apartment blocks.

Said no to desperate people looking for a better life

Funded by us taxpayers .

Hopefully we see more communities stand up and say no your not forcing this nonsense on us

enricoh wrote: »
    Or spoofers that got a few connecting flights to get here for our world class welfare system? That will put a strain on services for locals.

That's up to our system to work on asylum seekers claims & do it in a reasonable time.

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Incorrect. They said no to a lazy government trying to stick asylum seekers/ refugees in an unsuitable village aided and abetted by a few bleeding hearts and unscrupulous landlords who don't care about social issues and just care about filling apartment blocks.

Nothing unsuitable about the village.
    It's a good place for people to live

• Registered Users Posts: 23,643 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seems a strange strategy to me of trying to cram asylum seekers in to tiny villages that would literally change their demographics completely overnight.

I'm pretty certain the vast majority would not accept that in their villages/towns.

It goes to show that when communities stand up for themselves and say no it has the desired effect - village left in peace.

If it was 1 or 2 families fair enough but over 100 here there and everywhere...madness

• Advertisement

Seems a strange strategy to me of trying to cram asylum seekers in to tiny villages that would literally change their demographics completely overnight.

I'm pretty certain the vast majority would not accept that in their villages/towns.

It goes to show that when communities stand up for themselves and say no it has the desired effect - village left in peace.

If it was 1 or 2 families fair enough but over 100 here there and everywhere...madness

Ballinamore could do with some fresh blood in the community.
    Actually, it's good for the whole community, schools involved if there is some fresh blood in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,643 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ballinamore could do with some fresh blood in the community.

You don't live there (?) and they don't want that scale of change in their community so...

But what you could do is advocate for your own community to take in a lot of asylum seekers and seek support of your neighbors for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭ForestFire

For me.....

Locating 130 people in a town with a population of 914 just seems plain stupid.

That's the equivalent of locating 17 694 asylum people in cork city!! or 193 598 people in Dublin City.
    The potential affect it can have on these small communities is huge.

Why not keep the majority in urban areas and spread the rest out more sparsely according to the area populations.

Would this not increase the chances also of integration into these communities, rather than the natural instinct to form there own community within it??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That's up to our system to work on asylum seekers claims & do it in a reasonable time.

It would be done in a reasonable time if they weren't allowed to appeal decisions at taxpayers expense, the right way to do it would be to send them back the next day once a decision is made with no right to appeal.

enricoh wrote: »

What exactly have connecting flights got to do with anything? And Ireland is far from a ‘world class welfare system’ for asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭1641

ForestFire wrote: »
    For me.....

That's the equivalent of locating 17 694 asylum people in cork city!! or 193 598 people in Dublin City.

Why not keep the majority in urban areas and spread the rest out more sparsely according to the area populations.

Would this not increase the chances also of integration into these communities, rather than the natural instinct to form there own community within it??

I don't know the rationale for dispersal but I can can guess some factors that might be involved -

Less of a perceived "pull factor" than asylum location in a main city;
    Availability of suitable vacant premises
    Cost of premises.

All of these are factors in the debate in the management of the asylum process.

And Ireland is far from a ‘world class welfare system’ for asylum seekers.

Lol.

Benefits for life and social housing , medical card and free education .

All they have to do is arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

What exactly have connecting flights got to do with anything? And Ireland is far from a ‘world class welfare system’ for asylum seekers.

When, for example, a Nigerian shows up claiming "political asylum " or whatever, the only way they can have got here is by passing through another European country or getting a connecting flight to arrive in Ireland . Either way the claim is bogus. The system should just deport them immediately..... no, they spend years in direct provision while their "case" is heard and rejected, they appeal a few times, until there is no more process to abuse, by which time they have 2 or 3 kids born in Ireland and the poor children know no other home but Ireland, the bleeding heart brigade jumps on the bandwagon and off we go again, appeal after appeal.... rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

ForestFire wrote: »
    For me.....

Dublin City has had that and more. The Soul of the city is destroyed, unrecognisable to what it was 10 years ago. I’m not anti emigration, it’s just not being controlled and managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Dublin City has had that and more. The Soul of the city is destroyed, unrecognisable to what it was 10 years ago. I’m not anti emigration, it’s just not being controlled and managed.

All these people advocating multiculturalism. Reminds me of a dog chasing a car. Wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it. Until it's too late and it gets crushed under the wheel.

Advertisement