Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's up to our system to work on asylum seekers claims & do it in a reasonable time.

If your job depended on these people coming in. What would you do? Keep bringing them in I'd hazard a guess. So the system is flawed entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ronin247 wrote: »
    When, for example, a Nigerian shows up claiming "political asylum " or whatever, the only way they can have got here is by passing through another European country or getting a connecting flight to arrive in Ireland . Either way the claim is bogus. The system should just deport them immediately..... no, they spend years in direct provision while their "case" is heard and rejected, they appeal a few times, until there is no more process to abuse, by which time they have 2 or 3 kids born in Ireland and the poor children know no other home but Ireland, the bleeding heart brigade jumps on the bandwagon and off we go again, appeal after appeal.... rinse and repeat.

There’s no obligation on asylum seekers to make their claim in a first safe country. None whatsoever. Perhaps you’ve failed to notice that pretty much every successful asylum seeker in this country came here via other countries?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dublin City has had that and more. The Soul of the city is destroyed, unrecognisable to what it was 10 years ago. I’m not anti emigration, it’s just not being controlled and managed.

How has the city changed because of immigration in the last 10years? That's 2009.
    If anything I see more indigenous businesses after opening in that period and much more Irish staff working it. I'm well positioned to see this as I've a business in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

All these people advocating multiculturalism. Reminds me of a dog chasing a car. Wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it. Until it's too late and it gets crushed under the wheel.

Weirdest thing I'll read today.

Asylum Seekers to Dog being brutally killed.

Creepy mindset.

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol.

Benefits for life and social housing , medical card and free education .

All they have to do is arrive

Most asylum seekers are not school age. And they have no more chance of social housing and a medical card than any other citizen here. The welfare and employment supports in other European countries are far more attractive to asylum seekers. In Sweden asylum seekers effectively get immediate right to work, and if they have been working for a year they are entitled to a right to remain in the country on a work permit, regardless of the outcome of their asylum claim. Up until 2017 the Swedish Migration Agency effectively placed anyone seeking employment in proper unionised jobs - without any delays.

• Advertisement

Dublin City has had that and more. The Soul of the city is destroyed, unrecognisable to what it was 10 years ago. I’m not anti emigration, it’s just not being controlled and managed.

Yeaaaah. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    Most asylum seekers are not school age.

Not true at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

All these people advocating multiculturalism. Reminds me of a dog chasing a car. Wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it. Until it's too late and it gets crushed under the wheel.

If these dopes are so pro-multiculturalism why don't they move to Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I still think the best solution is one centralized centre for asylum seekers.

Rather than all these little places scattered around the country which is driving the locals demented My proposal is to enlarge mosney and improve the layout etc.

Have good facilities there in terms of schools health care integration courses etc.

But also actually enforce deportation orders so that if ppl are refused asylum and have deportation orders then fast track them back to airport and on a plane wherever they came from.

Grant the deserving cases yes. But also Send a message to the scroungers and chancers that ireland is not a soft touch any longer.

Not true at all.

Yes it is. In 2018, there were 3,673 asylum seekers registered. 840 were children.

• Advertisement

I still think the best solution is one centralized centre for asylum seekers.

My proposal is too enlarge mosney and improve the layout etc.

Have good facilities there in terms of schools health care integration courses etc.

But also actually enforce deportation orders so that if ppl are refused asylum and have deportation orders then fast track them back to wherever they came from.

Grant the deserving cases yes. But also Send a message to the scroungers and chancers that ireland is not a soft touch any longer.

All school-age asylum seekers get their education in regular schools. Nothing to do with asylum centres. Likewise they get their health care from GPs and hospitals - again - best practice. There’s already integration courses and initiatives in Mosney.

Deportation orders are enforced. Most orders do not require enforcement.

All school-age asylum seekers get their education in regular schools. Nothing to do with asylum centres. Likewise they get their health care from GPs and hospitals - again - best practice.

Yeh but my point is it would be better to have all those facilities centralized. You could get more bang for the taxpayers buck that way. Win win for the state and the asylum seekers.

This craic of just landing x amount of asylum seekers in already stretched to the limit rural locations is not good for them nor the locals.

Much better to centralize the whole thing. Easier to deport the failed asylum seekers too. Win win

Yeh but my point is it would be better to have all those facilities centralized. You could get more bang for the taxpayers buck that way. Win win for the state and the asylum seekers.

Building new schools and hospitals specifically for asylum seekers is not a win win for any taxpayer. And it runs completely counter to your notions of integration.

Yes it is. In 2018, there were 3,673 asylum seekers registered. 840 were children.

You said most -22% claimed to be under 18

The majority of asylum seekers in Ireland are of working age About 76 %

Imagine that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

vriesmays wrote: »
    If these dopes are so pro-multiculturalism why don't they move to Africa.

There's no plum jobs in the asylum industry in Africa!

This craic of just landing x amount of asylum seekers in already stretched to the limit rural locations is not good for them nor the locals.

Much better to centralize the whole thing. Easier to deport the failed asylum seekers too. Win win

Deportation orders are influenced not a whit by location.

Building new schools and hospitals specifically for asylum seekers is not a win win for any taxpayer. And it runs completely counter to your notions of integration.

I never said build new schools or hospitals for them. No way!

I said enhance already existing facilities like mosney.

Deportation orders are enforced. Most orders do not require enforcement.

Most are not .

Unless you can back it up

Deportation orders are influenced not a whit by location.

First thing I want to say is I’m fine with giving asylum to genuine cases.

But as I said it would be easier and more efficient to ENFORCE deportation orders if the failed asylum seekers are in a central facility and not scattered around ireland. Even you can see the win win in that.

• Advertisement

You said most -22% claimed to be under 18

The majority of asylum seekers in Ireland are of working age About 76 %

Imagine that

Here’ what I actually said, and you incorrectly disputed:
    Most asylum seekers are not school age.

Most are not .

Unless you can back it up

Ehh, again:
    Most orders do not require enforcement.

First thing I want to say is I’m fine with giving asylum to genuine cases.

But as I said it would be easier and more efficient to ENFORCE deportation orders if the failed asylum seekers are in a central facility and not scattered around ireland. Even you can see the win win in that.

Most deportation orders do not require enforcement, and it wouldn’t matter where anyone requiring enforced deportation was located - they are arrested for the purpose of enforced deportation.

Here’ what I actually said, and you incorrectly disputed:

Lol

Round and round .

So the majority of asylum seekers are not claimed children

I never said build new schools or hospitals for them. No way!

I said enhance already existing facilities like mosney.

For education and healthcare. So if not schools and hospitals - what?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You wouldn't. Prisons are very expensive to build and run.

Most deportation orders do not require enforcement, and it wouldn’t matter where anyone requiring enforced deportation was located - they are arrested for the purpose of enforced deportation.

And how are they located exactly if they just up and leave dp

Sorry now but as far as most ppl are concerned if the state has made a deportation order against someone then the state should ENSURE it is enforced.

By that I mean organize a flight back to wherever and get them out on the next flight.

Lol

Round and round .

So the majority of asylum seekers are not claimed children

Once again - gibberish isn’t really a substitute for articulating an argument.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    You wouldn't. Prisons are very expensive to build and run.

It’s not a prison. Stop twisting it.

Advertisement