Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yep. There have never been murders of rapes in Europe before those pesky foreigners moved in

Show me where I said that, oh that's right you won't be able to because I suggested no such thing.

The cold hard facts are a young girl would be still alive if the gates of Europe were kept shut until we knew ecactly who we were letting in and only those who could prove who they were and where they came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yep. There have never

No but they did increase significantly with the perpetrators being migrants /asylum seekers.

No point trying to deny it or deflect it with a little whatabouttry

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The cold hard facts are a young girl would be still alive if the gates of Europe were kept shut until we knew ecactly who we were letting in and only those who could prove who they were and where they came from.

How many young asylum seeking girls would be dead if Europe did not give them safe sanctuary?

Boggles wrote: »
    How many young asylum seeking girls would be dead if Europe did not give them safe sanctuary?

How many roundabouts is there

I don't know, maybe you can provide some figures for us seeing as you brought it up.

• Advertisement

I don't know, maybe you can provide some figures for us seeing as you brought it up.

In Syria alone for one year.
    In 2018 alone, 1,106 children were killed in the fighting – the highest ever number of children killed in a single year since the start of the war. These are only the numbers that the UN has been able to verify, which means the true figures are likely much higher.

In Syria alone for one year.

Yeah we all know people were killed there was a war going on.

That wasn't what you said in your previous post though, you asked how many young girls would be killed and the truth is you don't know so why not just say it.

I still say Europe Was foolish to open the gates to over a million in Germany alone when there was no way of proving who they were first.

Yeah we all know people were killed there was a war going on.

That wasn't what you said in your previous post though, you asked how many young girls would be killed and the truth is you don't know so why not just say it.

I still say Europe Was foolish to open the gates to over a million in Germany alone when there was no way of proving who they were first.

You brought the killing of a child into it. You seem pretty indifferent to deaths of 1000s of children.

What is the net difference? The killing of all children is horrific. Isn't it?

Or were you just using the brutal killing of a poor child to further an agenda?

Pretty crass if true TBF.

You brought the killing of a child into it. You seem pretty indifferent to deaths of 1000s of children.

What is the net difference? The killing of all children is horrific. Isn't it?

Or were you just using the brutal killing of a poor child to further an agenda?

Pretty crass if true TBF.

There was a war going on, unfortunately innocent people die in wars and have done so since the dawn of time and despite your feeble efforts at suggesting my indifference yes I do think the deaths of children are terrible no matter where they happen.

But Europe can't take in all the people from areas of the world where wars are going on and they buckled under pressure in 2015 and opened the floodgates with no checks at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More like they got Flanagan to cop on a bit and not just dump large numbers of asylum seekers on rural communities all in one go without any consultation.

Rural folk aren't stupid idiots who would be taken in by the far right seeking to hijack legitimate concerns.

I know Borrisokane well and Flanagan and Stantons idea to put 70 people there at the same time was nuts.

Which is what they are doing in Achill the day after tomorrow.. young males., early 20s to 50s....they promised to wait but...not provision or facilities. To a village of less than 100 folk.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Which is what they are doing in Achill the day after tomorrow.. young males., early 20s to 50s....they promised to wait but...not provision or facilities. To a village of less than 100 folk.

The majority of asylum seekers/economic migrants are young men , even the supposedly unaccompanied minors flooding into europe are prominenty male claiming to be aged.15-17

There was a war going on, unfortunately innocent people die in wars and have done so since the dawn of time and despite your feeble efforts at suggesting my indifference yes I do think the deaths of children are terrible no matter where they happen.

But Europe can't take in all the people from areas of the world where wars are going on and they buckled under pressure in 2015 and opened the floodgates with no checks at the gates.

No one suggested they could.

But they did give asylum to numerous, in the process saving countless young lives, those lives you seem to care about so much.

So that's a win for me, and any rational thinking person in all reality.

No one suggested they could.

But they did give asylum to numerous,

You cried about young girls when in the fact the majority of asylum seekers in Europe are men ,and men masquerading as boys .

Saving lives nonsense creating a massive drain on welfare and housing and community's across Europe and tell that savings lives to the families who's loved ones have being injured , murdered or raped by the newly saved

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Gatling wrote: »
    You cried about young girls when in the fact the majority of asylum seekers in Europe are men ,and men masquerading as boys .

Saving lives nonsense creating a massive drain on welfare and housing and community's across Europe and tell that savings lives to the families who's loved ones have being injured , murdered or raped by the newly saved

Indeed,the very obvious "Military-Age" male dominance of the Mediterranean migrant flow,was visible from the very beginning of the process.

It may be very difficult for many to accept,but History may well show Libya's Gadaffi as being the last real defender of Western Liberal values,due in no small measure to his far deeper understanding of the Sub-Saharan African mindset and the dominance of radical Religious thinking....but the Western power brokers of that time lacked the self-confidence to support Gadaffi,and the rest was inevitable.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/Backchannels/2015/0421/How-the-fall-of-Qaddafi-gave-rise-to-Europe-s-migrant-crisis
    In August 2010, he visited his friend Silvio Berlusconi, then president of Italy, in Rome and said Europe would turn "black" without his help.

"Tomorrow Europe might no longer be European, and even black, as there are millions who want to come in," Qaddafi said. "What will be the reaction of the white and Christian Europeans faced with this influx of starving and ignorant Africans ... we don't know if Europe will remain an advanced and united continent or if it will be destroyed, as happened with the barbarian invasions."

Qaddafi had a handy solution. He offered to shut down his country and its coastal waters to the job seekers in exchange for €5 billion a year. He pointed to his work with Italy as proof he could get the job done. In June 2009, he signed a "friendship" agreement with Italy that involved joint naval patrols against migrants and Italy handing over migrants captured en route to Europe to Libya, no questions asked. The number of Africans caught trying to illegally enter Italy fell by more than 75 percent that year.

The bould Gadaffi sure did'nt mince his words,did he ?

Thanks to the sterling efforts of Tony Blair and others,Libya,of course is now in a far better place...is it not ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/07/gaddafi-warned-blair-of-threat-from-opening-door-to-al-qaida
    Muammar Gaddafi warned Tony Blair in two fraught phone conversations in 2011 that his removal from the Libyan leadership would open a space for al-Qaida to seize control of the country and even launch an invasion of Europe.

Sadly,Mr Blair,and the NATO/Western allies remained ignorant of what Gadaffi was describing...
    The transcripts reveal the gulf in understanding between Gaddafi and the west over what was occurring in his country and the nature of the threat he was facing.
    In the first call, at 11.15am on 25 February 2011, Gaddafi gave a warning in part borne out by future events: “They [jihadis] want to control the Mediterranean and then they will attack Europe.”

With Gadaffi now toast,Western Europe has now to shift it's allegiances to far more "acceptible" leaders such as nice Mr Erdogan,who's pronouncements to date,don't sound much more attractive than Gadaffi's were...but hey,needs must...Yea ?

Ireland is not now,and never will be,in any position to embark upon social engineering crusades to prove the value of an Open Borders concept.

We do have a responsibility to offer real and meaningful asylum to those in need of it,but that responsibility is predicated upon our ability to properly resource those asylum provisions and to ensure that a match is made between what is being offered,and the willingness of the recipients to acknowledge and accept the T's & C's which accompany the offer.

Fair Deal ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The majority of asylum seekers/economic migrants are young men , even the supposedly unaccompanied minors flooding into europe are prominenty male claiming to be aged.15-17

Proof of that please? In exact and reputable terms.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Proof of that please? In exact and reputable terms.

According to the UN

https://www.unicef.org/eca/emergencies/latest-statistics-and-graphics-refugee-and-migrant-children

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not sure if posted however you have to wonder if there is a connection

https://www.thejournal.ie/martin-kenny-car-set-on-fire-4869937-Oct2019/
    THE CAR OF a Sinn Féin TD was allegedly set on fire outside his home in Leitrim in the early hours of this morning.

It happened outside the home of the party’s justice spokesperson, Martin Kenny, a TD for Leitrim/Sligo at around 2.30am, a statement said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Not good.

That type of activity is not to be encouraged but it just shows the depth of feeling against those centres being forced on communities.

When will ppl wake up to this huge issue!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Indeed,the very obvious "Military-Age" male dominance of the Mediterranean migrant flow,was visible from the very beginning of the process.

It may be very difficult for many to accept,but History may well show Libya's Gadaffi as being the last real defender of Western Liberal values,due in no small measure to his far deeper understanding of the Sub-Saharan African mindset and the dominance of radical Religious thinking....but the Western power brokers of that time lacked the self-confidence to support Gadaffi,and the rest was inevitable.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/Backchannels/2015/0421/How-the-fall-of-Qaddafi-gave-rise-to-Europe-s-migrant-crisis

The bould Gadaffi sure did'nt mince his words,did he ?

Thanks to the sterling efforts of Tony Blair and others,Libya,of course is now in a far better place...is it not ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/07/gaddafi-warned-blair-of-threat-from-opening-door-to-al-qaida

Sadly,Mr Blair,and the NATO/Western allies remained ignorant of what Gadaffi was describing...

With Gadaffi now toast,Western Europe has now to shift it's allegiances to far more "acceptible" leaders such as nice Mr Erdogan,who's pronouncements to date,don't sound much more attractive than Gadaffi's were...but hey,needs must...Yea ?

Ireland is not now,and never will be,in any position to embark upon social engineering crusades to prove the value of an Open Borders concept.

We do have a responsibility to offer real and meaningful asylum to those in need of it,but that responsibility is predicated upon our ability to properly resource those asylum provisions and to ensure that a match is made between what is being offered,and the willingness of the recipients to acknowledge and accept the T's & C's which accompany the offer.

Fair Deal ?

I think (and thought at the time) that the attack on Libya was a terrible move (like other similar wars). But (and I don't know whether you intended this) your post might suggest that Gadaffi was anything other than a self-interested psychopathic tyrant who had no interest whatsoever in "western liberal values". He was using the threat of facilitating Mediterrean migration to further his own self interests only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

Not good.

That type of activity is not to be encouraged

What do you expect when people on social media and other forums (including Boards) are whipping up fear? Taking about alleged crime waves, etc, etc.

Right wing ideologues alleging mass rape,when the vast majority of rapes are committed by someone known to the victims? Maybe I missed it, but what campaigns/positions have these people supported in respect to women's rights and better protection from the legal and justice systems? Are they claiming to be feminists too?

Whipping up of fear and hatred is characteristic of right wing extremist nationalists on many sides. What is the difference between right wing white ethno-nationalists and right wing islamic religious nationalists ? They both want some idealised form of purity for their own very narrow range of tolerance. Two sides of the same coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not sure if posted however you have to wonder if there is a connection

https://www.thejournal.ie/martin-kenny-car-set-on-fire-4869937-Oct2019/

Says a lot really. And yet people here claim the far right is a non existent threat in this country.

Rooskey fire then this.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Says a lot really. And yet people here claim the far right is a non existent threat in this country.

Rooskey fire then this.

Doubtful it’s “far right”. I’d suspect internal Sinn Fein strife.

But if it IS connected to the asylum centre issue doesn’t it just show how much this is a huge issue for ppl at the moment.

They should revert to a centralized model somewhere near dublin airport and not these centres dotted around the country where the locals clearly don’t want them. It’s not good for the locals nor the asy seekers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Doubtful it’s “far right”. I’d suspect internal Sinn Fein strife.

But if it IS connected to the asylum centre issue doesn’t it just show how much this is a huge issue for ppl at the moment.

They should revert to a centralized model somewhere near dublin airport and not these centres dotted around the country where the locals clearly don’t want them. It’s not good for the locals nor the asy seekers at the moment.

Your proposed system is way way worse for asylum seekers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Not good.

That type of activity is not to be encouraged but it just shows the depth of feeling against those centres being forced on communities.

When will ppl wake up to this huge issue!?

When will people wake up to the fact that vigilantism is wrong on all levels.
    There is no excuse for burning a man's car, or his shop or causing any other damages to people or property.
    No excuses whatsoever

Why would you say that?

I’m saying have enhanced services in a central location. The money saving benefits for the taxpayer speak for themselves. And the asy seekers get better services and not scattered to the four winds in centres isolated in rural locations with hostility surrounding them.

When will people wake up to the fact that vigilantism is wrong on all levels.
    There is no excuse for burning a man's car, or his shop or causing any other damages to people or property.
    No excuses whatsoever

I certainly wouldn’t encourage vigilantism. It does make me realise how serious this issue has become tho.

Vs the failed system we currently have .

And no real solutions from some other than open the flood gates we(some ) will welcome them all even when it's all going tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Italy 72% men , 18% children , of that 18% 93% are boys and 93% of the kids are 15-17 also , so of the migrants showing up to italy over 85% are 15+ year old males, thats some serious skew if theyre just 'escaping war'

• Advertisement

Those stats are mental. I didn’t think it was quite as skewed as that

Advertisement