Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

Why would you say that?

I’m saying have enhanced services in a central location. The money saving benefits for the taxpayer speak for themselves. And the asy seekers get better services and not scattered to the four winds in centres isolated in rural locations with hostility surrounding them.

How is it money saving to build up your huge ' central location ' , along with its hospitals & clinics & schools & integration centres?
    There is no need to spend money when those services already exist.
    But of course, you already know that's, it's just your way of sticking asylum seekers basically in a prison. It's unbelievable that's what you would have done to people to make yourself feel better somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Says a lot really. And yet people here claim the far right is a non existent threat in this country.

Rooskey fire then this.

You leave people without a voice and they resort to violence.

I am not sure if it's the far right as much as you want and need it to be.

Gatling wrote: »
    Vs the failed system we currently have .

And no real solutions from some other than open the flood gates we(some ) will welcome them all even when it's all going tits up

I haven't seen anyone advocating an open borders policy in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

bubblypop wrote: »
    How is it money saving to build up your huge ' central location ' , along with its hospitals & clinics & schools & integration centres?
    There is no need to spend money when those devices already exist.
    But of course, you already know that's, it's just your way of sticking asylum seekers basically in a prison. It's unbelievable that's what you would have done to people to make yourself feel better somehow.

Sorry I have said repeatedly it’s not a prison

I’m trying to do best by the asy seekers and of course the states right to have an effective asy system

Grant the deserving cases yes.

deport the failed cases.

I suggest have a central location near dublin airport with great facilities for ppl while they await their claim being decided upon.

Let’s cut down the red tape and delays and get decisions quickly and fast track grants and refusals and then actually deport the failed cases.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Not good.

That type of activity is not to be encouraged but it just shows the depth of feeling against those centres being forced on communities.

When will ppl wake up to this huge issue!?

Actually I’d put it down to people whipping up fear about these centres and using baseless allegations to stoke those fears.

The fact you said ‘this type of activity is not to be encouraged but...’ tells me you’re making excuses for it.

It’s not acceptable in any way, shape or form. At all. No ifs buts or maybes.

• Advertisement

Italy 72% men , 18% children , of that 18% 93% are boys and 93% of the kids are 15-17 also , so of the migrants showing up to italy over 85% are 15+ year old males, thats some serious skew if theyre just 'escaping war'

The men get out any way they can. Hiding in trailers for example, once they are in a safe country & have claimed asylum, they can then get their wives, kids, mothers etc out much more safely.
    Would you put your wife & kids through what some go through to escape?

Faugheen wrote: »
    Actually I’d put it down to people whipping up fear about these centres and using baseless allegations to stoke those fears.

The fact you said ‘this type of activity is not to be encouraged but...’ tells me you’re making excuses for it.

It’s not acceptable in any way, shape or form. At all. No ifs buts or maybes.

Sorry see my comments above I said I don’t encourage it. I condemn such actions but they show how seriously these issues are being taken around ireland. Ppl REALLY do not want these centres in their communities.

Calhoun wrote: »

Some people in Ballinamore made their voices very loud. Wasn't much chance of not hearing them.
    Why would they resort to vigilantism, I thought they won their battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The men get out any way they can. Hiding in trailers for example, once they are in a safe country & have claimed asylum, they can then get their wives, kids, mothers etc out much more safely.
    Would you put your wife & kids through what some go through to escape?

if it was as dangerous to stay in my home country as they make it out to be then yes. If thats the reason, why are they bringing all their teenage sons so ?

and so what youre saying is that if we let x number in that we're going to have to allow their wife and female children in eventually so we're going to end up with 3x the number of migrants than we agreed. ?

Ppl are jumping to conclusions about the motives for the car burn out. It could have been for many reasons. Let’s wait and see

• Advertisement

I’m trying to do best by the asy seekers and of course the states right to have an effective asy system

deport the failed cases.

I suggest have a central location near dublin airport with great facilities for ppl while they await their claim being decided upon.

Let’s cut down the red tape and delays and get decisions quickly and fast track grants and refusals and then actually deport the failed cases.

But we have a system that grants deserving cases & deport failed cases?
    We also have a system where they are looked after & use our existing services, so no need to build them newer shinier ones, they can use the same ones as the rest of us.
    I understand you want to keep them away from 'Irish ' people but thankfully we don't have appartheid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Calhoun wrote: »

And then you've ****ing Sinn Féin with a straight face decrying it.

But we have a system that grants deserving cases & deport failed cases?
    We also have a system where they are looked after & use our existing services, so no need to build them newer shinier ones, they can use the same ones as the rest of us.
    I understand you want to keep them away from 'Irish ' people but thankfully we don't have appartheid here.

Why are you tarring me with racist hints about apartheid etc. I’m trying to come up with win win solutions for asy seekers and the communities around irl who do not want the centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭1641

deport the failed cases.

I don't personally agree with your suggestion but it is constructive and should be taken seriously.

However, whatever suggestion is made it will not make the slightest bit of difference to the right wing hate mongers. It is not "imposing on small local communities" that bothers them. This is just a convenient cover for whipping up fear, anger and resistance. If there is another model, the cover story for their agitation will change accordingly.

if it was as dangerous to stay in my home country as they make it out to be then yes. If thats the reason, why are they bringing all their teenage sons so ?

and so what youre saying is that if we let x number in that we're going to have to allow their wife and female children in eventually so we're going to end up with 3x the number of migrants than we agreed. ?

Their teenage sons are deemed to be men by those that would kill them. Generally women & children, boys under 13 are not killed as indiscriminately as grown men.
    I presume most would wish for their families to join them somewhere safe, yes.

Why are you tarring me with racist hints about apartheid etc. I’m trying to come up with win win solutions for asy seekers and the communities around irl who do not want the centres.

We have a system that works already. Direct provision is far from perfect, but direct provision in purpose built 'centres' away from the rest of the population is not the answer.
    Also, just because some people don't want them, doesn't mean everyone doesn't want them.
    Some decent communities don't have a problem taking them in

Their teenage sons are deemed to be men by those that would kill them. Generally women & children, boys under 13 are not killed as indiscriminately as grown men.
    I presume most would wish for their families to join them somewhere safe, yes.

Ok, so we realistically need facilities for 3x the amount of people arriving.

I think Ill just go live in poland or somewhere else that still has a bit of back bone...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

According to wholm.

Actually it's more a case of Saying your underage means less likely to be deported to country of origin

How will we keep dangerous migrants out? What safeguards are in place?

we dont, the majority of them are showing up with a primary school education or less, the vast majority men, a belief in a reglion that is dangerous if taken anywhere near literally and has a heavy amount of radicalisation , and no right to work or income stream.

If you were talking to anyone objectively about bringing a bunch of uneducated poor men with no income, no language skills and cultural/religious views that are dangerous to women/the lgbt community into an area they'd rightly say that was insane, but because they took an illegal trip on an inflatable raft accross to italy and are brown, its racist to point out its a bad idea.

How will we keep dangerous migrants out? What safeguards are in place?

Depends where they are coming from.
    Any Syrian asylum seekers or refugees here are vetted & interviewed by Gardai before being allowed to come. They are also interviewed by dept of justice.
    Their fingerprints and photographs are taken.
    The others who just arrive here are more difficult for sure, they apply for asylum & they & their story are investigated. That's the hold up on decisions. It seems to take a long time, then they can appeal etc.
    But to answer your question, checks are done, insofar as they can be depending on the country of origin.

Also, remember, you have no idea who anyone is in this world. Not just asylum seekers

• Advertisement

According to wholm.

According to the people who lived in a war zone

Any Syrian asylum seekers or refugees here are vetted

Their fingerprints and photographs are taken.

Vetted by the gardai and how would the gardai who and where they are from and what there intensions are .

So to answer the newly registered .

None and nothing other than being fingerprinted some safe guarding there

Vetted by the gardai and how would the gardai who and where they are from and what there intensions are .

So to answer the newly registered .

None and nothing other than being fingerprinted some safe guarding there

Nobody knows what anyone's intentions are, Gardai are not psychic.
    What they do have though is access to intelligence you do not.
    & believe it or not, they are pretty good at interviewing people also. They regularly turn down people in camps.

Nobody knows what anyone's intentions are, Gardai are not psychic.
    What they do have though is access to intelligence

, they are pretty good at interviewing people also. They regularly turn down people in camps.

Again says who ,

Have you direct experience of these interviews by the gardai in other countries or are you just spoofing ?

Have you direct experience of these interviews by the gardai in other countries or are you just spoofing ?

Yes I do.

Yes I do.

Proof please ......

Your friends in immigration wont cut it ,

Secret agent????

Proof please ......

Your friends in immigration wont cut it ,

Secret agent????

You can check out my posts If you like

You can check out my posts If you like

I did and found nothing to back up your claim

I did and found nothing to back up your claim

Oh well.
    You're not a detective so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

According to the people who lived in a war zone

According to many who pretend to be Syrian when they come from other countries. As for real Syrians the war us over, plenty work rebuilding the place, they can go home, happy days.

Advertisement