Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 3/Clontarf Recommend estate agents to sell your house

Options
  • 17-10-2019 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    We are going to be putting our home on the market next week.
    Over the past few months we’ve met with a number of estate agents nearby: DNG Fairview, Savills Clontarf (now REA Grimes), Gallagher Quigley Fairview. Worried we’ll make the wrong decision.
    Want an agent who will: show the house to its best if we’re not there (turn lights on etc). Believe in the house and pitch a good sale (not be disinterested or negative about it), Be available to show it (do open viewings and let buyers in), Pass on all bids, Be a strong negotiator and not settle for low bids to flip the house quickly. Be a good advisor- set correct price-market it well. Basically a strong, honest and trustworthy agent (do they exist??).
    Any recommendations welcome as we’d really appreciate it! Anyone in Dublin 3 experience of selling ?
    Thank you x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭didka

make sure you get estate agent who also checks if the bidders have funds, and will help after sale agreed too. There is no point of doing great pitch, getting you great price, going sale agreed only to find few months down the line the buyer don't have the funds.

I would recommend <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Quality31

I'd recommend the team in <SNIP>. Direct experience of buying and selling with them this year in Marino and Clontarf. They went above and beyond for us and I felt they were always honest and transparent. They never rushed us to close our own house either. They're slightly more expensive than some of their competitors but I felt it was well worth it for the professionalism and the price we achieved. For most of us our homes are our most valuable assets and buying/selling is very sttessful - hence I wouldn't advise cutting corners.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Recommendations by PM please folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DUB142

Stressedms wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are going to be putting our home on the market next week.
    Over the past few months we’ve met with a number of estate agents nearby: DNG Fairview, Savills Clontarf (now REA Grimes), Gallagher Quigley Fairview. Worried we’ll make the wrong decision.
    Want an agent who will: show the house to its best if we’re not there (turn lights on etc). Believe in the house and pitch a good sale (not be disinterested or negative about it), Be available to show it (do open viewings and let buyers in), Pass on all bids, Be a strong negotiator and not settle for low bids to flip the house quickly. Be a good advisor- set correct price-market it well. Basically a strong, honest and trustworthy agent (do they exist??).
    Any recommendations welcome as we’d really appreciate it! Anyone in Dublin 3 experience of selling ?
    Thank you x

Stay well away from REA Grimes, have dealt with them on a number of occasions (buying) and never found them to be professional in any way, responding to calls/emails is a joke. I’m selling my own house at the moment and I would never consider them after my experience as a buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Could you pm me the name of the agent. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hoganj

I have been focussed on this area as a buyer for the last 2 years and in my experience most agents are fine. I will PM you my 2 examples of recommend and avoid.
    I have also been selling (not in this area however) for the last 2 years and you need to do the majority of work yourself. Tidy away any rubbish, books, clutter. Keep the place as neutral as possible so buyers can imagine themselves living there. Highlight your lovely garden if you have one, your fantastic view, the nearby coastline, happy out on Bull Island. You are selling a lifestyle. Be very picky with the pictures on the internet. If the agent takes bad pictures then get them to take new ones.

Advertisement