Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P10 Lite OTA Updates Fecked

• 17-10-2019 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

So I have a P10 lite that's stuck in emui 5.0 bought it from 3 but always shows no updates available.

I think when I unlocked the bootloader to make it sim free it Fecked the OTA Updates

What's the best way to fix the OTA Updates?

Is there a stock Huawei firmware I can manually install that will give future OTA Updates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Connect to a pc, run Hisuite and see if it will find an update

That was a great way to get the updates, just check in the settings it is for your model number etc.

After that you could look into what is the nearest OTA to what you have and put it on a SD card and update or force update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Thanks Jeff just going trying it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Nope it's says I'm on teh latest version which is wrong. It's emui 5.0.1 which is android 7 and I know they are all up to android 8 now

Looks like I'll have to go at some XDA tutorials ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Nope it's says I'm on teh latest version which is wrong. It's emui 5.0.1 which is android 7 and I know they are all up to android 8 now

Looks like I'll have to go at some XDA tutorials ugh

Forced update it is so

Basically download a file
    Put into root of sd card
    Turn off phone
    Hold down button combo

As you know yourself XDA will help

Advertisement