Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hope of refund (Clamping)

Options
  • 17-10-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello.

I live in an apartment complex. The parking is underground and always free to residents. You need a code and zapper to get in. Recently they brought in paid parking. All residents parking is free. You have to apply for a permit. I got my permit and forgot to put it up. I got clamped this morning. It's NCPS. Does anyone know if can get a refund? I know they say it wasn't displayed but anyone any advice or help? (I put the permit up now before any smart answers.)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

jface187 wrote: »
    Hello.

I live in an apartment complex. The parking is underground and always free to residents. You need a code and zapper to get in. Recently they brought in paid parking. All residents parking is free. You have to apply for a permit. I got my permit and forgot to put it up. I got clamped this morning. It's NCPS. Does anyone know if can get a refund? I know they say it wasn't displayed but anyone any advice or help? (I put the permit up now before any smart answers.)

Thank you.

Highly unlikely, but no harm in putting in the application and hopefully they will offer 50% or a full refund.

I would question if there was a grace period to allow you to get sorted since NCPS were brought in.... You have nothing to loose by applying for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Do you have assigned spaces, or are they communal, and if assigned are they owned by you? Either way NCPS will reject the appeal anyway but you can appeal their decision and you'll have more chance of success there

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

It's not assigned. A few more people were clamped this morning. I saw them yelling at the clamper. I put in an appeal via NCPS website, yeah I doubt I get a refund. I not sure what you mean by appeal my appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

It's not assigned. A few more people were clamped this morning. I saw them yelling at the clamper. I put in an appeal via NCPS website, yeah I doubt I get a refund. I not sure what you mean by appeal my appeal?

Basically the NTA run an independent appeals process that you can access once the initial appeal is declined you can read about ithere. Also take a read of Part 5 of Vehicle Clamping and Signage Regulations and see if there was any area of the signage requirements that weren't complied with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Are you renting or owner?

If you are an owner you are part of the OMC and can ask them to refund you since you are just forgot to display the permit. But NCPS are contracted by you, the OMC, to clamp cars without a permit so it will cost your complex as they did their job correctly and will require payment from someone or something.

If renting your on your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

NCPS have just been bought by APCOA, who operate the biggest common sense vacuum in the country. Wouldn't expect much.

I had to phone them to point out I knew they'd got a registered letter once!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If you've a permit then I would keep complaining until you get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

lawred2 wrote: »
    If you've a permit then I would keep complaining until you get your money back.

Very easy to give someone else the permit so a different car can park in the complex. That's why they need to be displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Thanks guys. I have applied via NCPS website for a refund. I doubt I get anything. I will try some of these suggestions and let you know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Del2005 wrote: »
    Very easy to give someone else the permit so a different car can park in the complex. That's why they need to be displayed.

Any permit I've had has had my car reg on it

Either way don't think that's the case here. The registration of the clamped car is known. Car belongs to OP which I presume that they can prove. And they can prove that they were in possession of a parking permit when the car was clamped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement