Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Grand Slam of Darts - 9th - 17th Nov

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Snakey is some man to bottle

If I had typed that, there would be a heap of people crying about negativity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Wright summed it up there, he said to himself before the tournament he fancied getting to the final, not win it. Feel for him because he is so good but unfortunately just doesn't have the winning mentality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Wright's the clown prince. He'll never be king. Hell of a nice guy. Too nice. Hasn't got the ruthless streak. Needs to get rid of the fancy dress, and knuckle down

Couldn't agree more. His gimmick got him noticed and sells more merchandise but it's time to concentrate on the darts because it's looking like he'll never win another big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Interesting reading the comments here over the last week
    Fairly average tournament in my view with few memorable games
    I think something everyone now agrees on (!) is that Gerwyn Price now joins that small group of players currently playing who is capable of winning regularly on the big stage
    Great display in the final, albeit against a player who would have held no fear for him

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. His gimmick got him noticed and sells more merchandise but it's time to concentrate on the darts because it's looking like he'll never win another big one.

Don't think him changing his close and losing the hair dye will make him win to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

What MVG said running his mouth prior to the game

“He [Gerwyn Price] has been getting closer to me in some games but close isn’t good enough it’s as simple as that," Van Gerwen declared.

“I’ve got more in the tank for the match with Gerwyn and I’m going to throw everything at him tomorrow.

“I know of all the players left I have the most talent by a mile, so if I play well and don’t make any mistakes then I will be the champion, simple.”

How did that work out Michael...was it "simple" ?

In fairness weren’t you saying something similar about Price?

TbL

to say Prices win against MVG was down to mistakes by MVG is disrespectful to price and his performance.

For a guy who had never beaten MVg and had all the pressure on him, he not only won but deserved to win, and for MVG to make out it was because he made mistakes makes him comes across as an a$$hole.

I was never a fan of price, but he deserved it and was the better player.

to say Prices win against MVG was down to mistakes by MVG is disrespectful to price and his performance.

For a guy who had never beaten MVg and had all the pressure on him, he not only won but deserved to win, and for MVG to make out it was because he made mistakes makes him comes across as an a$$hole.

I was never a fan of price, but he deserved it and was the better player.

Your just going against the grain . Last week everyone was a choker because they couldn't beat him, now price is on mvgs level cos he beat him.

If van gerwen plays his best, no one beats him, no one. No one is taking credit away from price, I'm his biggest fan as my post history will prove

US2 wrote: »
    Your just going against the grain . Last week everyone was a choker because they couldn't beat him, now price is on mvgs level cos he beat him.

If van gerwen plays his best, no one beats him, no one. No one is taking credit away from price, I'm his biggest fan as my post history will prove

Are you incapable of comprehending English ?
    People choking against Price has nothing to do with Price, can you not understand this ?

Price won his matches deservedly, and this from someone who was not a fan of Price normally. How anyone can find fault with Prices deserved title win is beyond me.

When even I am stating Price won his matches deservedly it shows there is no agenda.

The choking by others this week does not take from what Price achieved. Do you not grasp this, or are you moaning just for the sake of it ?

Are you incapable of comprehending English ?
    People choking against Price has nothing to do with Price, can you not understand this ?

Price won his matches deservedly, and this from someone who was not a fan of Price normally. How anyone can find fault with Prices deserved title win is beyond me.

When even I am stating Price won his matches deservedly it shows there is no agenda.

The choking by others this week does not take from what Price achieved. Do you not grasp this, or are you moaning just for the sake of it ?

Did van gerwen choke against price so or is price better than van gerwen ? Choke has a very wide definition for you so it's hard to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

guys the better man won and the end result is price is champion,ye would,nt be having this stupid conversation had mvg won the title.
    why ye are having this post swapping exchanges is beyond me,on the day price was to good for anyone he played,simple as...…………………….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Very poor tournament which kinda goes with all the crap posted in this thread over the last few days.
    Best forgot.

Looks like price has uppped his game a few clicks , fair play to him

US2 wrote: »
    Did van gerwen choke against price so or is price better than van gerwen ? Choke has a very wide definition for you so it's hard to know

Where did I say MVG Choked ?

Where did I say Wright choked ?
    Where did I say Durrant choked ?
    Thats right I never said that. I said Smith choked..,...are you incapable of reading., or is this part of your agenda to make up lies ?

I clearly defended wright when he was accused of choking by another on here, or did you choose to ignore that as well ?

I said price deserved to win. I said wright deserved his win over durrant as he was the better player. I said Durrant deserved to win over smith.
    The only person I accused of choking was smith as did many others that you had no issue with....odd that

bassy wrote: »
    guys the better man won and the end result is price is champion,ye would,nt be having this stupid conversation had mvg won the title.
    why ye are having this post swapping exchanges is beyond me,on the day price was to good for anyone he played,simple as...…………………….

Correct

the best player won in the final...as I said earlier

Best players won in each semi final as well in my opinion....again as I said earlier.
    I disagreed with the poster who accused Wright of choking since Price was too good,

Sadly people on here like to judge the poster instead of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

In other news......

I farted. Ooooopsy

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Not a big fan of Price, but to be fair to him that was an awesome performance in the final. He'll be brimming with confidence going into the worlds. Wright was just not at the races, and even if he was he would have had to have the game of his life to beat Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Cant wait for the world champs to start that thread is going to be fun :)

Advertisement