Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Grand Slam of Darts - 9th - 17th Nov

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

durrant mentioned Wade in his interview which is not a bad comparison, as Wade is a player who is always composed, and looking at wade you could not tell if he was 5-0 up or 5-0 down...Durrant is similar,

Both dont hit the extreme high averages, but are consistent, and great at checkouts and dont roll over like the 3 stooges of chizzy, white and smith

Its getting to the stage where the real top guys will be seeing draws against white, chizzy and smith, as a bye :D

looking like a Wright v MVG final

Think Wright will beat Durrant in their semi

Expect MVG to beat Lewis, and Price to Beat Ando, with MVG to make it 18 wins on the spin against Price in the semi.

Then MVG to own Wright yet again in the final.
    I hope I am wrong, and MVG does not win and is not in the final .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

looking like a Wright v MVG final

Think Wright will beat Durrant in their semi

Expect MVG to beat Lewis, and Price to Beat Ando, with MVG to make it 18 wins on the spin against Price in the semi.

Then MVG to own Wright yet again in the final.
    I hope I am wrong, and MVG does not win and is not in the final .

I think that will probably be the way it goes, chance Anderson might have a bit of bite left to beat Price though. Had Wright win and Durrant +1.5 legs in a bet that still has Anderson +1.5 and Lewis +6.5 left tomorrow night, I’d be more worried about Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

As much as id love to see anderson win i think itl be 16 10 or 16 8 to price sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

love to see ando beat price,but hard to see either beating mvg in semi.

mvg v duzza final,sticking my kneck on the line for duzza to get to final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

I dont think just cause you win a major it means your world class either.

Painter and nicolson both won majors
    While painter had solid carear , nicolson was a flash in the pan

Kirk sheppard nearly fluked a world championship ffs

sc86 wrote: »

difference is that if kirkie won the worlds that time he still would of been a flash in da pan,where as the likes of terry Jenkins was a world class player he deserved hes years at the top cause he was a top player despite losing 9 major finals and he lost to wade taylor mvg ?,big difference is class is permanent form is temporay in kirkies case :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Form was even a push for Kirk, don’t think he even averaged 90 in any game in that year’s comp. Luck played a big part in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

bassy wrote: »
    difference is that if kirkie won the worlds that time he still would of been a flash in da pan,where as the likes of terry Jenkins was a world class player he deserved hes years at the top cause he was a top player despite losing 9 major finals and he lost to wade taylor mvg ?,big difference is class is permanent form is temporay in kirkies case :D

What was Kirks form back then just wondering what his averages were.

nannerby wrote: »
    What was Kirks form back then just wondering what his averages were.

oh your to hard on me,but the averages back then apart from taylor were no where near todays averages.

• Advertisement

The lowest average thrown by the winner in a PDC final is 92.86. This was the average of John Part in his final against Kirk Shepherd, in 2008. The average of Kirk Shephard in this final is the lowest 3 dart average ever in a PDC World Championship final. His average was 85.10. The second and third lowest averages were thrown by Rod Harrington in 1995 (87.15), and by Phil Taylor in 1994 (90.62). This was the very first PDC final, where Phil Taylor was defeated by Dennis Priestley. Dennis Priestley averaged 94.38 in this final.

absurd average for a world finalist runner up and that's what kirkie was absurd...…………………..

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

oh your to hard on me,but the averages back then apart from taylor were no where near todays averages.

Sorry don't mean any crictism of anyone was just wondering if he was playing great or just got lucky if I remember right he got luck but I could be totally wrong.

And you answered before I asked the question :)ty

sc86 wrote: »

I know what I say next will upset a few on here and they will cry about negativity., but the players championships final is not a major.

It is a secondary tV title. Just like the European championships,
    Non ranking events are not majors either, if it was it would be ranking, so dont class the world Series, the Unibet Masters, The World Cup or the Premier Leagues as Majors, even if the PL has major money.

For me the true Majors are Ally Pally, The Matchplay, the Grand Prix and the UK open.
    Refuse to accept the Slam as a major whilst wildcards are given to utterly useless bdo p[layers who stink up the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Delighted for Duzza, Sky giving me the sh1ts about Smith. Now Smith is a grand fellow but there us something lacking there.

Delighted for Duzza, Sky giving me the sh1ts about Smith. Now Smith is a grand fellow but there us something lacking there.

blubberboy needs a deep kick up the anal,hes a nothing player up to this point,the can rave a world finalist runner up a premier lge runner up,all meaningless.

he would never beat mvg in a final unless he hit mvg with a 2 pound hammer.

nannerby wrote: »
    Sorry don't mean any crictism of anyone was just wondering if he was playing great or just got lucky if I remember right he got luck but I could be totally wrong.

And you answered before I asked the question :)ty

kirk was without doubt the jammiest player that year.

3 games he survived multiple match darts.
    He survived 7 match darts against Terry Jenkins who blew it,,,as usual

The most sickening was Mick McGowan who was in great form who missed 4 match darts against Kirk before losing.
    Peter Manley missed 2 match darts against him in the quarters

but u see even if mick McGowan had beat kirkie,mick still would,nt have made the final if you know what im saying.

but u see even if mick McGowan had beat kirkie,mick still would,nt have made the final if you know what im saying.

it was just one of those draws where the top seed in the section in jenkins went out early, and all the under dogs won so by the time they reached the last 8 and he beat manley, he met someone who had a similar run in their section.

It happens.

I can see an event someday when MVg will get caught out first round and we will eventually end up with a last 4 where every single player in the semis will be a complete choker like Ian white against Chizzy, and Joe Cullen against Michael Smith and the winner will be the players who chokes the least of the last 4.

it was just one of those draws where the top seed in the section in jenkins went out early, and all the under dogs won so by the time they reached the last 8 and he beat manley, he met someone who had a similar run in their section.

It happens.

I can see an event someday when MVg will get caught out first round and we will eventually end up with a last 4 where every single player in the semis will be a complete choker like Ian white against Chizzy, and Joe Cullen against Michael Smith and the winner will be the players who chokes the least of the last 4.

Oh ye once mvg goes early then it's a raffle and sky and mardle will make it out to be a resurangce in the game.mvg has the lot at he's hands he knows the all melt in front of him sad reflection really cause mvg aint no power....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Snakebite is like the mayo of the darts world and needs a major title win soon

3-stooges.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Oh ye once mvg goes early then it's a raffle and sky and mardle will make it out to be a resurangce in the game.mvg has the lot at he's hands he knows the all melt in front of him sad reflection really cause mvg aint no power....

Huh? Ain't no power? As in,Taylor? Does he need to be Taylor? He's mvg ,as he would say himself..he's phenomenal.. just because his opponents wilt when playing does not change it, Taylor had no real challenges early on ..they all wilted too.

Zero difference in mvgs case.

I believe the needs a consistent challenger/s to up his game ,it's too easy for him mostly,and he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Great stuff from Durrant, another semi final. That's 3 semis on sky's 3 majors in his first year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MOD EDIT: I've deleted some posts in this thread that were just bickering between posters. Stick to the darts please.

should have left price v ando till the last match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Crowd are gonna be disgusting

Typical sky

The main event was price and ando and they put on that game first to give MVG the preferential treatment, in a game MVG will win with ease.
    Sky always do it, the other night wade and lewis was game of the night and stuck that on first to give up some one sided matches with MVG as the main prime time slot.

As reigning champion price should have got prime time slot priority

I should be happy as I can switch off early now

ando better wake up quick fast,wonder will he use hes other darts ?.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Gando way off the pace. A hammering is on the cards here.

Advertisement