Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text only in Androids

• 17-10-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭

On my desktop I was always able to cut out images but I can't seem to do this on my smartphone.

Is there any way to do it?(or anything close)

Comments

take a screenshot and crop it in edit would be one way

or else if it's a picture element you can long-press on the picture and select copy or share (will not be always available)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭amandstu

glasso wrote: »
    take a screenshot and crop it in edit would be one way

or else if it's a picture element you can long-press on the picture and select copy or share (will not be always available)
    Apologies,I was trying to say that I didn't want the smartphone to display images.

I am trying go cut down on data usage.

oh right. I took "cut out images" as coping images. you could try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.jopp.textbrowser2

glasso wrote: »
    oh right. I took "cut out images" as coping images. you could try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.jopp.textbrowser2
    That Is the sort of thing .I can see there are other similar text only browsers in Google Play.

Would I have to disable /uninstall Chrome or Samsung Internet in order to be able to use it?

I would want to be able to load images some of the time,especially using WiFi of course.

amandstu wrote: »
    That Is the sort of thing .I can see there are other similar text only browsers in Google Play.

Would I have to disable /uninstall Chrome or Samsung Internet in order to be able to use it?

I would want to be able to load images some of the time,especially using WiFi of course.

just start that app when you want to text browse.

on links it should give you the option of what browser to open it with.

so no need to disable chrome etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

What crappy plan are you on that you need to cut down on data?
    You can get 80 GB for a tenner a month.

vandriver wrote: »
    What crappy plan are you on that you need to cut down on data?
    You can get 80 GB for a tenner a month.
    I am on Vod Payg and until recently it was pretty reasonable.I would just need to top up every 3 months or so .

But my last top up (20€) only lasted 10 days and I am cutting down on my usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have a look at some Lite apps. Might help reduce data usage - https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-lite-apps/

I am on Vod Payg and until recently it was pretty reasonable.I would just need to top up every 3 months or so .

But my last top up (20€) only lasted 10 days and I am cutting down on my usage.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x.html

Sorry for the delay (had trouble viewing it on my phone)

That says it is PAYG but it looks like you have to top up 20€ every 4 weeks....how is that different from subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sorry for the delay (had trouble viewing it on my phone)

That says it is PAYG but it looks like you have to top up 20€ every 4 weeks....how is that different from subscription?

What plan are you on atm? Price and data allowanc pls.

As far as the difference, you don't have to top up at the end of the 4 weeks where with a sub you do unless you cancel it. That is a difference even if it doesn't help you. You do realize you get to use all the 20 euro on phone calls? and it carries over till the next month so if you don['t make any calls you have €40 balance the next month. With a sub that doesn't happen either I'm pretty sure.

AllForIt wrote: »
    What plan are you on atm? Price and data allowanc pls.

As far as the difference, you don't have to top up at the end of the 4 weeks where with a sub you do unless you cancel it. That is a difference even if it doesn't help you. You do realize you get to use all the 20 euro on phone calls? and it carries over till the next month so if you don

FCAT_MI offer (Free Calls and Texts and Internet offer)
    €20 /every 4 weeks

When I click on "Change top up offer" I get through to Chat Extra and Smart Extra.

I have selected Chat Extra but have not "activated it yet...

It is 1GB4G+ Data and Unlimited calls & texts to any network

I will see how it goes.

Advertisement