Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice cooker recommendation?

Options
  • 17-10-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi can someone recommend a good electric rice cooker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

For how many servings?

There's really two sizes on sale here; one that's too damn big for any less than 3 or 4 people; and much smaller ones for 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,558 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Have used this model for years, on my second one in about 10 years

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7248236/Trail/searchtext%3ERICE+COOKER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/product-reviews/electricals/a663124/judge-mini-rice-cooker/ is the 2 serving one I use

I had a bigger Tefal one but it spattered starches all over the place unless you obsessively washed the rice to within an inch of its life - far more than for normal cooking - and if you used the keep warm function it would create gluey clumps. The Judge does neither, I'm not entirely sure what's going on differently. The vent does seem to use offset gaps in metal to ensure there isn't a direct path out but still giving the pressure release.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

L1011 wrote: »
    For how many servings?

There's really two sizes on sale here; one that's too damn big for any less than 3 or 4 people; and much smaller ones for 1 or 2.

Mostly 2 portions is what I need so small one will do fine and not take up too much space.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

The Cush wrote: »
    Have used this model for years, on my second one in about 10 years

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7248236/Trail/searchtext%3ERICE+COOKER.htm

Perfect I will go with this.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Perfect I will go with this.

Thanks

I have that one too. It’s great. I add stock, meat and veg sometimes rather than just plain rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hi can someone recommend a good electric rice cooker?

I just use the microwave, once you have the timings down it is perfectly repeatable. Has to be the same amounts each time, so using the same scoop/weight, and similar bowl (e.g. a heavy glass bowl would take longer to heat than a thin plastic container).

I do 1 scoop to 1.5scoops water, microwave 2.5mins so it is boiling, then 10mins on defrost/low power. Big bowls might need 1/3rd power after reaching boiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Get a Japanese rice cooker

Advertisement