If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return item

Options
  • 17-10-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys. I bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 earbuds from you a couple of weeks ago and have been having problems with them - crackling sound from the channel with the BT connection, Bluetooth dropouts and volume dropping on one channel. CA agreed to replace them but when they discovered I was in ROI they said I should return them to you instead. Unfortunately I didn’t keep the original packaging. I’m looking to get a replacement pair but wasn’t impressed with the low volume from the Melomanias. Wondering what my options are. I’d previously tried Bose Soundsport Free but had dropout problems with them also. Can you help?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi guys. I bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 earbuds from you a couple of weeks ago and have been having problems with them - crackling sound from the channel with the BT connection, Bluetooth dropouts and volume dropping on one channel. CA agreed to replace them but when they discovered I was in ROI they said I should return them to you instead. Unfortunately I didn’t keep the original packaging. I’m looking to get a replacement pair but wasn’t impressed with the low volume from the Melomanias. Wondering what my options are. I’d previously tried Bose Soundsport Free but had dropout problems with them also. Can you help?
    Hi Vinniemac.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Melomanias.

If you drop them in the post to us here at the Belfast store we can either sort you with a replacement or offer to issue a refund for you.
    If you don't have the original packaging you can purchase padded envelopes at the post office and that should hopefully keep them safe on their way back to us.

Are you connecting to a phone or tablet?
    It may be an issue with bluetooth transmitter in the source if the Bose headphones also suffered dropout.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Thanks for the quick reply Kenny,

Same problem with both iPhone 6 and iPad Pro. From a forum post, I believe the dropout is a known issue with the Bose - one of their reps was quoted as saying as such. 

I'll get them in the post in the next few days and in the meantime do a bit of research on what'd be a good replacement - if you've any specials or open box deals in the same price range I'd be interested to hear - I'm tempted to go back to a wired connection based on my experience.

Vinnie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vinniemac wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply Kenny,

Same problem with both iPhone 6 and iPad Pro. From a forum post, I believe the dropout is a known issue with the Bose - one of their reps was quoted as saying as such. 

I'll get them in the post in the next few days and in the meantime do a bit of research on what'd be a good replacement - if you've any specials or open box deals in the same price range I'd be interested to hear - I'm tempted to go back to a wired connection based on my experience.

Vinnie
    Hey Vinnie.

My girlfriend uses a pair of the RHA Trueconnect and I've also used them a few times for running and never had any issues.
    They retail at £149 - I could off them as a direct replacement is interested. 
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203712-rha-trueconnect-in-ear-mic-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.aspx

Or if you see anything else let me know

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.