Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesit dryer recall - not getting registered

• 17-10-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question but here goes.

My indesit tumble dryer has (again) been recalled due to fault. Registered on 29 July. Since then I call every two weeks to be told that I am not on the system and need to re-register which I did every second week. On 3 October I again registered and this time I immediately received an email confirming that I was registered. Was told it would be max 2 weeks and I would hear something back offering me a replacement or to have machine fixed.

Lo and behold I called today to chase only to be told that I never received the email, that I am not registered and I need to start again. Calls are recorded and I reminded them of this on the phone, asked they check back through them. Also asked to speak to a supervisor and was told this was not company policy.

I am tearing my hair out. Where do I go from here?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you send them a copy of the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 redlen

Did you send them a copy of the email?

Seamen I tried but they said it is a general email address so they wont see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Contract is with the retailer and the manufacturer is telling you there is a fault. If it's under two years old the retailer has to provide you with a repair, replacement or refund within a reasonable time frame.

redlen wrote: »
    Srameen I tried but they said it is a general email address so they wont see it.

What did the email say? Is there an order number on it?

Contract is with the retailer and the manufacturer is telling you there is a fault. If it's under two years old the retailer has to provide you with a repair, replacement or refund within a reasonable time frame.

Samuel. Machine is 7 years old so no joy with power city. Tried that route too!

• Advertisement

What did the email say? Is there an order number on it?

No nothing like that on it. Just an email acknowledging I have registered that machine is faulty and they will be in touch

Samuel. Machine is 7 years old so no joy with power city. Tried that route too!

Did you go to the recal page online? That’s how I registered my dryer that I bought in 2008. Still waiting for my dryer but my sister received hers last week.

No nothing like that on it. Just an email acknowledging I have registered that machine is faulty and they will be in touch

You’ve got to wait it out. Last email I had off them was 18 sept saying it would be delivered in 14 days. I’m still waiting and delivery company said they were inundated.

Originally registered June/July and they advised then that they would start getting in contact on 4 August. Took another 6 weeks to apply for a replacement.

Hi Strawberry Milkshake. I registered again yesterday. Got another email.. same one again! At this stage might just be easier to get a new one myself. Working full time and sick kids is not easy at the best of times but without a dryer it’s fast become a nightmare!

• Advertisement

Ring 1800 804075 on Monday. That’s hotpoints(indesit) number. See if they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pjmn

I'm in the same boat - going on since July, On the 1st December (after months of ongoing contacts) I got an email, here's one part of it...

Our logistics partner, Expert, will deliver your replacement dryer on our behalf within 14 days.
    They will contact you to arrange a suitable date for delivery.

Obviously I've heard nothing.... I have emailed them back but no word...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've had the first recall done, but hadn't heard of a second one, so must give them a call.

Ironically enough my dryer went on the blink yesterday, so had to take it apart to resolve it, which allowed me to see the first modification. It consists of a thermal pad stuck to the outside cover plate of the heating element, as well as a load of ceramic padding at the bottom of the cover. The changes inside are not as obvious, but whatever it was there was no buildup of wet lint near the element, so that has to be a good thing.

In the end my actual issue related to the water pump getting clogged and then triggering the water level sensor as it backed the water up. Back in action for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

we registered months ago and then rang them a lot and finally a guy came out in November and gave us a brand new one...considering we bought the original one in 2006... persist

Advertisement