Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Installing Radiators

Options
  • 17-10-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

We've just bought a 4 bed/1 bath 70's bungalow which currently has an oil stove capable of running about 9 radiators. It currently runs 2 (one in the hall and one in the sitting room) and we need to extend this to the 4 bedrooms, the bathroom and a small one further up the hall. We've had a quote, but as we're completely new to home ownership in general and have never priced anything like this before. We're in a bit of a rush to move in as we have notice on our current rented accommodation, but just wanted to check if it sounded like a fair price as we have genuinely no idea.

Price is for 6 radiators (5 double and single), chasing pipework, copper pipes and fittings, circulating pump and fitting, screed finish and labour. Coming in at €2.6k.

Does that sound par for course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Sounds reasonable. Dirty work chasing walls and making good. If your not into diy, to replace and existing single double rad from a plumber can cost 250, never mind chasing the walls and screeding over.

Fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Bawnmore wrote: »
    We've just bought a 4 bed/1 bath 70's bungalow which currently has an oil stove capable of running about 9 radiators. It currently runs 2 (one in the hall and one in the sitting room) and we need to extend this to the 4 bedrooms, the bathroom and a small one further up the hall. We've had a quote, but as we're completely new to home ownership in general and have never priced anything like this before. We're in a bit of a rush to move in as we have notice on our current rented accommodation, but just wanted to check if it sounded like a fair price as we have genuinely no idea.

Price is for 6 radiators (5 double and single), chasing pipework, copper pipes and fittings, circulating pump and fitting, screed finish and labour. Coming in at €2.6k.

Does that sound par for course?

Where you based op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Sounds decent to me, I'm not a plumber but theres a good bit of work in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Where you based op ?

We're based in West Galway.

I'm glad to hear back that it sounds reasonable - I didn't at all feel like we were having the wool pulled over our eyes, but wouldn't even know the ballpark for something like this.

Advertisement