If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49" TV Recommendation

Options
  • 18-10-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm looking for a recommendation of what 49" TV to buy.

The budget is around the €1000 mark and will mainly be used for movies, Netfilx, streaming with some sport thrown in for good measure. 

Having looked on your site, the following have stood out. Open to other suggestions also?

Samsung QE49Q60R / Samsung QE49Q70R (What are the main differences between the two? Is the 70R worth the extra few €'s) 

LG 49SM8600PLA (is the LG 49SM9000PLA available?)

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU

Would appreciate your feedback on what would be the best bang for buck!

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Alan G wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm looking for a recommendation of what 49" TV to buy.

The budget is around the €1000 mark and will mainly be used for movies, Netfilx, streaming with some sport thrown in for good measure. 

Having looked on your site, the following have stood out. Open to other suggestions also?

Samsung QE49Q60R / Samsung QE49Q70R (What are the main differences between the two? Is the 70R worth the extra few €'s) 

LG 49SM8600PLA (is the LG 49SM9000PLA available?)

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU

Would appreciate your feedback on what would be the best bang for buck!

Thanks,

Alan
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

All of those TVs are fantastic!

The main differences between the Q60 and the Q70 is the Q70 has a Direct Lit Full Array panel which will give more uniform brightness and better colour/contrast. The Q70 also has better sound and better design for the casing.

The Q70 is a very good TV and for me I would recommend either the Sony KD49XG9005 or the LG 49SM8600 (unfortunately I don't have the SM9000 available). The LG Nano crystal display does look great and it also has a very user friendly smart hub (I have one of the LG OLEDs and the smart hub is amazing.) Similarly the Sony is great for motion handling and uses the Android operating system which is a very good smart hub. I do have the Samsung Q70 on display and personally I find the image a little soft and lacking contrast in comparison with the Sony and the LG. It's still a great TV but I think either of the other two would be a better buy.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.