Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rough cost of stairs

Options
  • 18-10-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just looking for a ball park on a bog standard timber stairs for a commercial premises.
    Straight staircase, 3050cm floor to ceiling, 1m wide, needs to be a 1m landing in the middle to be up to code I gather.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can it be timber in a commercial building ?
    Fire safety and limited combustibility and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I've recently shopped stairs for a housing development I'm on. We'd usually price stairs at €1,600 +VAT from local joiners but I tried -snip- and they were unbelievable value.

Their typical house L-Shaped stairs (one landing) I was quoted €950.00 +VAT. Please note this is supply only so you'll need a carpenter.

Precast Stairs from -snip- is about €1,000-1,400 +VAT. Obviously depending on the building and access it may not be an option. I've never ordered a single stairs though so our big orders usually including a crane in the above rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Off topic but very relevant.

What is this stairs in a commercial property going to, how big an area and what's it used for? You know you could need a fire certificate which could trigger a Disability Access Certificate and if the floor the stairs is going to is a big area you might be forced to put in a lift. Then you've BC(A)R which is formal sign off.

You need to be careful as deciding to put in a small mezzanine area in a commercial building can involve a huge amount of paperwork and regulations if that's what you're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

You wouldn't DM me the name of that company please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hmcdb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Would also appreciate the company details if anyone has them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mjodie123

I know the post was from years ago but, could you possibly dm me the name of the company. Thanks

Advertisement