Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdresser post baby

• 18-10-2019 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently on maternity leave and my husband is working all the hours possible (including Saturdays)

It’s been impossible to get a hair appointment.
    We recently moved to county Wicklow and I don’t know anyone or any nearby hairdressers.
    Even if I did - I would have my baby with me.

Am I missing a trick here?
    How do other new mothers get their hair done ?
    Do they all have someone to mind the baby?

Does anyone know of any hairdresser that could call to my house ? Or any site to find such a thing?
    Willing to pay whatever it costs.

Living close to Roundwood in co. Wicklow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I’ve always gone in the evening time after my husband gets home or early morning at the weekend. Would you travel a bit?
    I go to Toni and Guy in Dundrum, they open until 9pm weekdays. I get the last apt at 7 if I’m getting colour done. They also open Sundays 11-6 I think. Going to Dundrum is a nice excuse to get a half hour to myself for coffee and a browse beforehand, something I’d never usually do.

T&G is pricey enough but I only have to get highlights done 4 times a year and my poor hair has been through the ringer since having 3 kids, my colourist there has it back to normal thankfully, worth every penny.

I’m sure someone may have a good suggestion for somewhere closer to home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I find local hairdressers never had a problem with me bringing baby with me during the day when it's quiet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Lots of mums I know would bring the baby while it is small.Or go for a Thursday evening appointment, some open late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I always bring my babies when they’re small. If you go at ten o clock on a Tuesday morning, there won’t be many people there. Someone will jiggle your baby around for a few minutes if it gets upset, but tbh, I’ve usually just fed baby before getting there and it would sleep away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

I still bring my 2 yr old with me to the hairdresser. I bring lots of snacks, books, toys and obviously my phone for videos. It's not ideal but otherwise I'd never get it done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Can your husband not take any time off? How come he's working so much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Are you on Facebook? A lot of mobile hairdressers advertise there. Right now your baby is at it's most portable. You can bring them most places, so please don't feel like you can't. I wish someone hammered that home with me when I was on my first. I didn't realise how easy it was with one. I now have a toddler and a three month old and just getting out the door is a huge task!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TiptoeMushroom

Hi all, many thanks for your replies.
    I thought it might be a bit cheeky of me to suggest to a hairdresser if they wouldn’t mind me bringing my little one.

I did get an appointment to go solo (eventually!) as husband played a blinder and sorted work hours around it.

We got chatting and hairdresser said I was welcome to bring baby the next time ! How lovely 🙌ðŸ»

It’s one thing that makes me feel human again is getting my hair done so I’m delighted.

Thanks again for comments and suggestions.

Advertisement