Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point junction with Bundoran road

Options
  • 18-10-2019 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I see the work has started on the Point turnoff & Bundoran intersection.
    No traffic delays so far but seems to be mainly doing clearing work at the moment. (Looks to be cutting into part of the garden of the house on the corner).

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Insightful post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I see they're clearing across the road from there.

Does anyone know where the plans can be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

‼️ N4-N15 Sligo Traffic Disruptions ‼️

N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme:

** Removal of the Central Median Traffic Islands is scheduled to commence tomorrow, the 24th October and is expected to be completed on Tuesday, 29th October 2019.

❗Lane closures will be in place on the N15 between the junctions with the Rosses Point Road (R291) and Duck Street (N16) between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Delays are anticipated. ❗

** Site clearance works on the Rosses Point Road (R291) / N15 Junction will continue for the rest of this week and into next. Traffic management will be in operation, i.e. a Stop & Go Shuttle System on the R291. Delays are anticipated on the Rosses Point Road including the slip lane off the N15 Northbound, and additional care should be taken.

** Sligo County Council (SCC) regrets any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gonna be some crack at rush hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

What exactly is the point of all this? Really? I'm having nightmares about it thinking how much a mess was made of adding a bit of a footpath just up the road.

Whats going on over at the government buildings between Aldi and Lidl? The roadworks seem to be going on for months,I'm sure Lidl and Aldi aren't too happy about it as it has to be effecting business!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

They're re-aligning the junction. It's taking forever because..... well, It's Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I can't understand why they aren't putting in a roundabout here. It's been a disaster of a junction for as long as I can remember. A small bit of realignment would allow Duck Street junction, R291 and N16 to all meet a the roundabout. You could put traffic signals there too to balance traffic access when required and turn them off when not required.

Advertisement