Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Porting dilemma

Options
  • 18-10-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently with Eir. I am moving to GoMo. I got the new GoMo SIM in the post this morning. As usual, I didn't wait for a message to port over, and I put the GoMo SIM into my mobile. The Eir SIM got lost somewhere in the sofa. Now I am on GoMo network with a new phone number! Is there anything that I can do to get the details ported over to my existing phone number? I have been on GoMo's website, and you can move numbers, but you have to verify the number by putting in a code from a text that is received. I can't received a text, as the Eir SIM is missing.
    Any ideas what I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gerrup off yer arse and look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭bunderoon

ED E wrote: »

No, no. There has to be a better way....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

ED E wrote: »

I've turned the sofa upside down and crawled around the floor, and no sign. Believe me, I've tried

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

SIM was found! Hallelujiah. Thanks for the helpful advice......not

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

I put this up in 2 or 3 other threads yesterday but have since got my problem sorted. This may be of help to others:
    :mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.
    My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked!

GoMo also ported my number over from Vodafone at 10AM today, on schedule.

Calls, texts and Voicemail are all working.

Hurrah! I'm a happy bunny now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

GoMo port scheduled for 4.30pm today.
    Still in progress.
    Normal or should I be worried now.
    Still running my old eir sim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kceire wrote: »
    GoMo port scheduled for 4.30pm today.
    Still in progress.
    Normal or should I be worried now.
    Still running my old eir sim here.

Unfortunately some had issues others like myself it sailed through no issues.

My Vodafone symbol stayed on as did signal even though port was done.

Turn off and on again or even toggle airplane mode.

Unfortunately some had issues others like myself it sailed through no issues.

My Vodafone symbol stayed on as did signal even though port was done.

Turn off and on again or even toggle airplane mode.

Yeah done 2 for family and done on time.
    My 2 numbers seem to be hanging on in there. May be tomorrow at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kceire wrote: »
    Yeah done 2 for family and done on time.
    My 2 numbers seem to be hanging on in there. May be tomorrow at this stage.

Did you login and check?

Did you login and check?

Yeah. Just says “your port is in progress”.

• Advertisement

Finally ported today at lunchtime.
    They said because I was porting 2 numbers from a multiline account with Eir, it takes longer than a simple one line account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Update... I shut the browser down and restarted process (Firefox).

Lads...

I just got my Sim. I went to schedule my port of existing number. I got the verification code, set a time (16.30 today), I confirmed... and nothing.

I got no confirming message that the process was confirmed.
    Is this correct ?

Update... Flawless port over. I tried to phone another phone at 16.32 on my old provider and the call would not go through. I changed to my Gomo sim and it worked straight away. All the data settings updated perfectly.

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deepdavster

Hi I had porting issues from Lyca to Gomo, the porting didn't happen on the scheduled date, it was delayed by Lyca due to some technical issues. I called Gomo, they said it was Lyca issue. I called Lyca they said a known issue working on it.

After 2 to 3 days it got ported, then another issue came as mentioned in the previous thread calls and sms outside of EIR network was not coming, no 2FA authentication sms etc. I called GoMO and Lyca. GoMo said everything was fine at GoMo. I called Lyca they said you number had ported completely they cannot do anything. I repeatedly chatted, emailed GoMo to understand the issue. Lyca did n't respond to any emails.

Luckily few customer care guys understood my problem they found it was an routing issue, they raised the case. They asked for 3 phone number and time when the call failed. After a day Gomo mailed us it was routing issue at Lyca End and notified them.

Porting seems to be a danger situation in Ireland. With no incoming messages you cannot port out too. All banking, site login dependent on sms.

You need persistent follow up, and keep on chatting until one of the guys to understand the issue, it will take around 1 week to get resolved.

So many cases are reported with similar siltation and don't know why customer care act as this a new issue or unknown to them.

They need to train their staffs to get resolved soon.

I emailed on complaints@gomo.ie customercare@gomo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had similar with my porting 6 months ago and felt totally in limbo. I kept emailing them again and again and again. I also opened a case with Comreg and asked gomo for a complaint ID. Go straight to complaint mode. In my case, the port didn't complete for days which wasn't acceptable though it is questionable who was at fault. However customer service is exactly that and I felt it became the weekend and no one cared anymore.

Advertisement