Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract length confusion

Options
  • 18-10-2019 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I signed up for an Eir mobile plan in September of last year. I decided to switch to GoMo this week as I was out of contract with Eir last month, or so I thought. I rang Eir customer support to check I was out of contract and also visited them in store. It also said on the Eir online dashboard that I was in a 12 month contract to run from September 2018 to September 2019.

However, looking back at the contract now, it has two contract lengths on it, one for "Standalone eir mobile" for 12 months, and another for "eir mobile connect" for 24 months.
    I'm worried now that I'll be hit with penalties for ending the contract early, but two members of staff in Eir and my online account info stated it was a 12 month contract, so do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you sign up originally online/phone or in-store?
    Did you get a phone?
    Do you have the agreement in writing?

The online dashboard always says 12 months whether your in a 30 day or a 24 month contract unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bagger288

Davy wrote: »
    Did you sign up originally online/phone or in-store?
    Did you get a phone?
    Do you have the agreement in writing?

The online dashboard always says 12 months whether your in a 30 day or a 24 month contract unfortunately.

I signed up in store, i got a phone and I have a paper copy of the contract but like I said it has two different contract lengths on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Check this link...
    https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay

Put in the phone details and see what the contract length is for a similar phone and amount you're paying.

Any combinations I entered were all 24 month contracts.

Advertisement