Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkers in slatted unit

Options
  • 18-10-2019 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am putting new drinker bowels (see attached) into the slatted house and was just wondering what heights do you put them in at. I was thinking around the 28inch mark or 700mm of the floor. They are for cows and yearlings.

Any advice would be great

Thank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

I stripped mine out last weekend to do a few repairs. They were all at a little below hip height so I'd guess 650 to 700 off the floor. If they were on the roof they will still sh1t in them :-)

That's a good strong looking drinker. Where did you pick them up? In the market for a few new ones. Is there a drain or a tip to clean them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Poor farmer thanks for getting back to me. I got it from the glanbia website. It's down as a heavy duty drinker. Fine strong unit. Think its made by condon eng. It's got a fine big drain plug on it. We have the lac 55 drinkers already. Fine unit too but we find the cows spill a lot of water out of them. We will put them in the calf pens.

Ya no matter what height they go at I'd say theyll still crap in them..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Tell them to fork in a bit of silage and then f**k off. It's not a pub!

Sorry haven't read any posts just guessing l could be way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,753 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Guy on Donedeal with stainless tip over ones. Look good. No price shown.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/tip-over-stainless-steel-drinker-for-beef-cattle/22615072

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Advertisement