Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Vs Vodafone home broadband

• 18-10-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭

Which one is generally better? Not much in price but is Vodafone as good as Eir?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Which one is generally better? Not much in price but is Vodafone as good as Eir?

It's the same infrastructure. Customer service is what will be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭DopeTech

KaneToad wrote: »
    It's the same infrastructure. Customer service is what will be different.

Yes they use the same infrastructure but is Vodafone as reliable, does it generally have more outages or is their router better/worse than Eir's?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Swapped from Vodafone to Eir last black friday and have nothing but problems with Eir since. They lost our landline number of 30 years and took over a month to get it back. Often have problems where our broadband goes from ~80 megs to 1meg and even at 60 megs often RTE Player doesn't work. Have had eir engineers out twice who say nothings up but go silent when they notice the speed drop to 1meg. Very far from impressed with Eir.

Even rang yesterday to check the end of contract date because I'm counting down the days until the end of the contract and the loyalty department were beyond rude and told me I should have cancelled when they lost the landline number if it was that important. I wanted Eir to prove their bad reputation wrong but the experience is as poor as everyone says. I'll be moving straight back to Vodafone once this contract is up.

I know they run off the same infrastructure but 8 years on Vodafone and 1 on Sky- quality of service on either is better than Eir for some unknown, unexplainable reason.

Advertisement