Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

I take it the move up in position is mainly based on the number of people who dropped out prior to interview, with maybe a small number who didn't pass the interview as well? As in the interview itself didn't influence it and was only to determine a pass or fail.

So 2 people with the same OOM placing or placed one after the other would move up by the same number of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Delighted to have made the panel as well. Well done everyone.

I keep thinking I will be happy once I pass each stage but then its straight onto stressing about progressing past the next stage. Pity there is no where to look at up coming vacancies, its just a waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Would anyone in this role be able to explain what it entails starting off e.g training/work? Is it full time training (how long does this last?) or is it a blend of training and work?

Thanks

Got another email from Revenue already and nearly lost my life but it was just about next nears tax credit cert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

BJG524 wrote: »
    Would anyone in this role be able to explain what it entails starting off e.g training/work? Is it full time training (how long does this last?) or is it a blend of training and work?

Thanks

Are you based in Dublin? It's a bit different for the country.

• Advertisement

Would be limerick not Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭doc22

Any word on job offers

doc22 wrote: »
    Any word on job offers

Think we are waiting for location panel placing next

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

Judging from the thread on last year's panel they didn't seem to give regional panel placings.

There is mention of an email to contact regarding your panel placing and where they are currently calling on that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Offers are out

• Advertisement

Offers are out

Do you mind me asking where you were offered?

do they email or call?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Yer_Wan_1202

I got an email with the offer - I'm based in Dublin

Thanks for the information.

Maybe they are calling Dublin first as I am placed relatively high on the panel and looking for Cork only so was just wondering.

Congratulations and best of luck.

Thanks for the information.

Maybe they are calling Dublin first as I am placed relatively high on the panel and looking for Cork only so was just wondering.

Congratulations and best of luck.

I am in the same situation placed fairly high but I'm looking for Kerry only and no way to know if there will be any offers down here.

I just contacted panel placings to enquire about any possible recruitment in Cork. Might be worthwhile contacting them - email address is Panelplacings@revenue.ie

Maybe they are calling Dublin first

I'd say you might be right! I wasn't placed high in the panel, but got an offer the same day the results were out

I'd say you might be right! I wasn't placed high in the panel, but got an offer the same day the results were out

Judging by last year's thread Cork only seemed to make offers in May or June for the August 2019 course.

I was placed 11th so fingers crossed for Cork to be called eventually 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Similarly sitting very high but remote location. Did those with offers find out their start dates? Just wondering what sort of notice they give?

Did those with offers find out their start dates? Just wondering what sort of notice they give?

I was told the start date would either be 13th Jan or 20th Jan for Dublin. I said my preference was the 20th & was given that thankfully! Very tight time frame to get vetting, references etc done before handing in my notice - I'm working in the private sector at the min...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Clare122445

Has anyone had any further offers today?

Looks like the initial vacancies are in Dublin, as probably expected.

Doesn't bode well for those of us who are waiting on offers for the other locations. I'm in the 50's and selected 2 locations but nothing as of yet, not very hopeful to be honest.

Has anyone emailed/got a response re. regional placings?

BJG524 wrote: »
    Has anyone emailed/got a response re. regional placings?

I emailed panel placings the other day about the regional placings but have yet to get a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Clare122445

I emailed panel placings the other day about the regional placings but have yet to get a response.

Still waiting on a response

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MW2020

I am also waiting on regional panel, emailed panel placings and no response. Hard to know if there will be anything available isnt it. We will just hae to wait and see i suppose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OMN1996

Anyone get any update from panel placings?

OMN1996 wrote: »
    Anyone get any update from panel placings?

I got a reply this morning.

They told me my place on the regional panel for Cork and they said that the next large scale recruitment from this panel will be in September 2020.

I guess some vacancies might arise between now and then but the next main recruitment from that panel will be in the Summer of 2020 to get ready for the training starting next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MW2020

Yes I got a response too with my regional panel placing saying the same ...next recruitment in Sept 2020. Hard to know if anything will come out of that recruitment for the regional places though isnt it.

• Advertisement

MW2020 wrote: »
    Yes I got a response too with my regional panel placing saying the same ...next recruitment in Sept 2020. Hard to know if anything will come out of that recruitment for the regional places though isnt it.

I just accepted a new permanent position in the private sector to start in the new year. If I got called would still consider it as very high up for my region but hard one to call. Will all depend on where I am at if that call comes

Advertisement