Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

I got a response.

No word on intakes currently.

Panel is finished on the 10th December 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

BJG524 wrote: »
    I got a response.

The only people winning in this process are those who are involved in the recruitment process, plenty of work for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

I got a response.

If there's a January 2021 start for a location it'll be offered to us. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

doc22 wrote: »
    If there's a January 2021 start for a location it'll be offered to us. Hopefully.

Yes hopefully.

Combination of these supposed retirements in October, courses maybe starting in January instead of September and also if any existing EO's being promoted in the current AO competition

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Yes hopefully.

Combination of these supposed retirements in October, courses maybe starting in January instead of September and also if any existing EO's being promoted in the current AO competition

There are so many ifs/buts/maybes involved in these competitions (in Regional locations anyways) now we have Covid thrown in the mix aswell, very difficult to predict what may happen. The process is also fairly drawn out, makes for very frustrating wait times

• Advertisement

Ollie321 wrote: »
    There are so many ifs/buts/maybes involved in these competitions (in Regional locations anyways) now we have Covid thrown in the mix aswell, very difficult to predict what may happen. The process is also fairly drawn out, makes for very frustrating wait times

Yes I wasn't very hopeful to start with anyway, despite being number one on a regional panel. Without knowing the size and structure of the particular audit section it's impossible to know anything. I'm planning on my next step of doing a course if possible so trying not to think about this panel or even going for the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

I had been putting off my next plan too hoping since December to hear back, however the time has come to move on. If anything comes of this then I'll consider it as and when. I know that's what should have been done in the first place however hindsight is a great thing.

The situation can't be helped nobody predicted covid although an update to the panel would have been nice even if it was to say it hasn't been forgotten. Thanks BJG

Best of luck everyone in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Clare122445

Hello,

I know we are all drained from this competition, but public jobs just announced on instagram that they are launching a new nationwide EO panel tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested in the more general route to EO as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Hello,

I know we are all drained from this competition, but public jobs just announced on instagram that they are launching a new nationwide EO panel tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested in the more general route to EO as well

Ya will be throwing my hat into the new competition, just feel this was such a waste of time and energy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If anyone is interested in a generalist roles, there is a new thread for

Executive Officer 2020 in the Civil Service - Nationwide

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114119773

• Advertisement

Got offered a position this morning

Congrats, for which county if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats, great news for everyone, did you get any indication of a start date?

Huge congratulations to you. It was worth the wait. Thank you for the update. Here is hoping for the rest of us that it is batch recruitment and not a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Any word on start dates/training

Lim

No indication of dates, training etc

Just accept or decline by tomoro

Lim

Not much chance to think about it so. Similar to another posted a few months back.
    Best of luck. Try and come back and let us all know how great it is.

Lim

Was it just an email? Did they send two emails if you provided two different addresses?

They really don't allow for any time if you are without access to email

• Registered Users Posts: 2 graigue2

hi, any movement in this panel ? its to run out in December, I'm on the panel for Offaly and Kilkenny

graigue2 wrote: »
    hi, any movement in this panel ? its to run out in December, I'm on the panel for Offaly and Kilkenny

I emailed a few weeks ago and it hadn't moved for the region I'm on.
    The said the panel will expire in December and there wasn't any further updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 newbraces

I’m on this panel Number 5 for Kilkenny and 9 for Waterford and I haven’t heard a thing. Anyone know anything? It runs out in December what chance of it being extended or will they just use the public jobs EO panel after Dec? I did badly on the public jobs test today so I still have my fingers crossed for this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

I e-mailed them yesterday, will post here what their answer will be

Maybe after the predicted retirements in October there will be movement.
    I think it was around this time last year that the competition opened wonder will a new one be announced shortly.

I spoke to someone in Waterford today she said they're all working from home (apart from ppl on the phones & maintenance) until next year so no recruitment there for the foreseeable...

newbraces wrote: »
    I spoke to someone in Waterford today she said they're all working from home (apart from ppl on the phones & maintenance) until next year so no recruitment there for the foreseeable...

We might have made the panel in the wrong year.

Can we take any hope from the AP and AO campaigns continuing with the recruitment process???

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Blarney_man

I sent an e-mail last Friday, got nothing back

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Can we take any hope from the AP and AO campaigns continuing with the recruitment process???

You would imagine that if some of those roles were filled from internal applicants that would free up eo roles but it's anyones guess at the moment. Perhaps the predicted retirements in October might move this panel along or maybe they will only call for critical posts to be filled until the working from home is finished. Anyone's guess really.

Has anyone been in touch with them to ask if this panel is going to be extended?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if they have ever before not used a panel? Like I thought being number 5 for my county and no9 for another I’d be a shoo in but it’s looking more and more likely they won’t be touching these panels at all and won’t extend either (if the PJ panel takes over in Dec).

Advertisement