Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

I just got an email have the interview on the Monday. OOM of 100 so not great chance of getting a place.

2nd or 9th of December?

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Anyone any idea will the interview be solely based on the application form or will they be asking questions regarding Revenue/Auditing?

Going by threads from previous competitions, questions about the auditing process can come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Going by threads from previous competitions, questions about the auditing process can come up.

Anyone any advice on where to do a bit of research for this part?

Have a look on the Revenue website, they have information for businesses as to what happens in an audit situation. A general search online as well will give some additional info from accountants, bodies, etc. with similar advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

https://www.revenue.ie/en/self-assessment-and-self-employment/documents/code-of-practice-revenue-audit.pdf

Chapters 2, 3 and 4 in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Definitely look at the Revenue Code of Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

2nd or 9th of December?

It's on the 9th

It's on the 9th

Looks like they have organised them then based on the OOM, so the interview panel will know we are sitting in front of them in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

Looks like they have organised them then based on the OOM, so the interview panel will know we are sitting in front of them in that order

I was just over 100 on the OOM and was meant to have an interview early next week so I don't think its based on that ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Its not on OOM, im on the 9th and am high enough up

• Advertisement

Thanks for clarifying, was just going by previous posters OOM and interview dates.

Would anyone know would most numbers only be applied to individual people, as the email implies that there could be multiple people with the same number, trying to figure out where I stand?

Would anyone know would most numbers only be applied to individual people, as the email implies that there could be multiple people with the same number, trying to figure out where I stand?

Hard to know, I presume your OOM is based on a % score from the tests, if there wasn't that many tested there might not be that many with the same score, whereas with some of the larger competitions covering the whole Civil service, not just Revenue, it may be more likely candidates have the same score so same OOM.

They are interviewing over 7 days, I thought people were called as per their OOM but it appears not to be the case. So I estimated they were interviewing up to approximately OOM of 100, 15 interviews a day split between 2 interview panels.

All speculation on my part though, partly trying to convince myself it's all worthwhile and partly still trying to get to grips with the fact there may not actually be an position in my proferred location and nothing may come of this.

This will be my first time doing a competency based interview so just wondering if anyone can confirm the rough structure of these competency based interviews?

As in do they skip your employment and education details pages and go straight into the competencies from the start and is it split approximately 10 minutes per competency then?

Do they ask you to elaborate on the experience entered for each competency and then at the end ask for another specific example similar to the example we put on the form? Or is it more of they ask for examples for each bullet point under the overall competency? i.e. describe a time when you 'Actively listened to the views of others'

I have seen it mentioned to have 2 examples for each but is that 2 examples for each bullet point or examples that cover the whole of each competency, if that makes sense, i.e. tell us how your 'Interpersonal & Communication Skills' make you suitable for this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 findmydress

Hi,
    Does anyone know if I accept an offer for EO revenue in audit can I apply for mobility like a regular EO in revenue can?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Hi,
    Does anyone know if I accept an offer for EO revenue in audit can I apply for mobility like a regular EO in revenue can?

I don't see why not. You'd still have to wait 2 years though wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

Good luck to everyone going for interview tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Anybody done their interview yet? If so how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

Had to pull out of this competition, and I was number 43! :) best of luck everybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Askabout

I don't see why not. You'd still have to wait 2 years though wouldn't you?

Yes, I am an EO in Audit since June and I have applied for mobility so I can't be offered a position until June 2021 at earliest.

• Advertisement

Did the interview today, thought it would have been worse than it was, hard to know if I passed though, may have fallen down on the fourth competency. The interview panel I had were very good, explained everything

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Did the interview today, thought it would have been worse than it was, hard to know if I passed though, may have fallen down on the fourth competency. The interview panel I had were very good, explained everything

Likewise I felt the panel were excellent and so professional but also put me at ease.

Likewise I felt the panel were excellent and so professional but also put me at ease.

Yes very much so, they explained at the start not to worry if they keep looking at the clock or interrupt/cut me short that it is just due to time constraints and to be fair to everyone

Yes very much so, they explained at the start not to worry if they keep looking at the clock or interrupt/cut me short that it is just due to time constraints and to be fair to everyone

I agree, very well run interviews, I just wish I knew what they were looking for.

Anyone any idea how long we will probably be waiting before we know if we have made the panel as the interviews end tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MW2020

Hi there - i think we will hear before christmas as someone I was chatting to asked the panel and they said that you would hear before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

Just got an email saying that I have made the panel. Best of luck to everyone here.

Got the email as well. I thought if successful we would get a panel placing for our chosen locations, not an updated overall OOM placing

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

Got the email as well. I thought if successful we would get a panel placing for our chosen locations, not an updated overall OOM placing

I thought the same. I am happy with my placing overall but would like to know where I stand in relation to my location - Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Going by previous competitions it will be issued over the coming days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Absolutely thrilled to have passed and with my panel placing! Well done all

Advertisement