Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon review. Asked to remove for refund

Options
  • 18-10-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I bought an item on Amazon in July . When it arrived it was not working correctly I raised a ticket. The seller agreed to a refund and asked me to post it back. I did.

Weeks later I enquired about my refund and they said I did not write their mobile number on the item and it was returned to me in error. Again a few weeks later I contacted them and they were giving me the runaround.
    I said I would review the product if they did not support me. Days later I reviewed them on Amazon and within two hours they ask me to take down the review and they would give me a refund plus postage. Item 70 euro postage 15 euro. I deleted the review.
    They gave me half of the item refund and told me when they received the item they would give me a full refund. So I waited a few more weeks and nothing. I told them I would rewrite the review and they promised to give me a full refund. They gave me the balance of the item and no postage.
    I contacted an post and they said the item arrived in Hong Kong a few weeks ago in August. The seller said it might take a week to reach them.

Anyway 4 months on from the original purchase I am still waiting.
    I made the mistake of removing my review,

Is it ok for sellers on amazon to bribe people to remove bad reviews? It must be against the rules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

theres a full documentary on amazon review wars and manipulation from Chinese to rig system to place their items on top of the search list.

anyway its a bit hard to track, did you get full refund and looking back for 15e for shipping, or is seller owe you half of item cost still?

as far as review tampering goes its against amazon policies and seller could easily get in trouble, but you made mistake of waiting so long plus, you did take down the review, when smart choice would been to ask for full refund or reporting that to amazon in the first place, as most likely they would issued you with some credit at worst, and would gotten seller to honor amazon policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was reading your post and fully expected it to be from a Hong Kong seller. They are notorious for doing this on Ebay.

Perhaps contact Amazon and explain the situation. They may or may not be able to help get the remaining balance back. Either way they will investigate the sellers account as I'm sure they don't want sellers on their site damaging their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the mistake you made was removing the review before receiving the refund they promised you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Reviews can't be put back once deleted.
    your best hope is to file an az claim, but you may no longer be eligible to do so.

Contact amazon Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

file a charge back claim with your card company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

daheff wrote: »
    file a charge back claim with your card company

On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

On what grounds?

they have not provided a working product, are refusing to engage on correcting the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

is it possible thou on debit card after 3-4 months ? and even then it would show up going by OPs story that he got refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Having a similar issue with an ebay seller. Asked me to remove my review if they send me the correct item. I agreed and they have since contacted me to ask why review hasnt changed, I haven’t received replacement yet!!
    Reported to ebay, for all the good itll do I dont know!

Keep chasing them for your full refund and keep reporting them to A_Z

Advertisement