Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump sum on fixed Mortgage

Options
  • 19-10-2019 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have a fixed interest rate mortgage with BOI however my current account is with KBC.
    Reading the BOI online help website, it talks about making lump sums though 365 which obviously I dont have.
    I have some savings which are not making any interest so I'd like to make a lump sum payment off my mortgage if possible instead.

My questions are :

1) Can I do this without penalty?
    2) How do I go about doing it - can I do a SEPA transfer to an account referencing my mortgage number?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Supercell wrote: »
    I currently have a fixed interest rate mortgage with BOI however my current account is with KBC.
    Reading the BOI online help website, it talks about making lump sums though 365 which obviously I dont have.
    I have some savings which are not making any interest so I'd like to make a lump sum payment off my mortgage if possible instead.

My questions are :

2) How do I go about doing it - can I do a SEPA transfer to an account referencing my mortgage number?[/quote

Hi Supercell,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

This would depend on the terms and conditions associated with your Mortgage Account. In this instance to discuss this in further detail we would recommend that you contact our Mortgage Team on 016113333 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to learn ok into this formyou.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Supercell wrote: »

My questions are :

2) How do I go about doing it - can I do a SEPA transfer to an account referencing my mortgage number?[/quote

Hi Supercell,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

This would depend on the terms and conditions associated with your Mortgage Account. In this instance to discuss this in further detail we would recommend that you contact our Mortgage Team on 016113333 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to learn ok into this formyou.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement