Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

For clarity I dont know Evas allignment. Never have.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Day 2 votes didn't move but R/Tegan was going to be lynched with 8 votes. 2 of those confirmed wolves. Either the wolves didn't care because they knew the result was going to be overturned, or they didn't care because Tegan was village.

If Derry, Senan and Tegan were on the same wolf team, they could have all voted on Vernon to eliminate him (though risky because they'd all be on the same wagon). They didn't need to both stay silent on Tegan.

Yeh. If wolves rigged vote 2, they could vote whatever way they choose and knew it wouldnt matter. Voting for a team mate who is lynched (there was no guarantee the village would accept Tegan was good) or proven bad is a good look. I mean, if Senan had flipped good last night I gather I would possibly be up for the chop myself . .

With regards to your second paragraph, which vote are you talking about ?

Wasnt Derry dead by vote 3 ? I am not sure I understand what you are saying when you said "they didnt need to both stay silent on Tegan"?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    We did ask if I died did Craig die as a result..... no response.

We assumed we were a variation of the lovers roles

but your official role title is Neighbors?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Conor WW wrote: »

At 8.54, had Tegan and Senan afterwards voted for Lucy, would she not of been Lynched ? Their votes effectively killed Vernon and also saved Lucy in the process.

Yes

Is it also fair to say that when Barbara voted for Lucy there was only 1 vote between Lucy and Vernon and 4 votes between Tegan and Vernon. So what was Tegan afraid of ?

In fairness, she was likely looking at the info I'd offered (which wasn't updated minute by minute) and didn't realise that babs and patrick had just moved, taking pressure off her.
    Unless she's a wolf, in which case, she used it as an excuse to take out vernon. In either case, if I was her and I was village, I'd have voted vernon to ensure that I survived. I honestly don't see anything dodgy about her voting.

Now her role, that's a conspiracy theory I could get behind.

Isla WW wrote: »

Odd that they didnt just come out with "we are neighbours" . .

Have we learned anything from their reveal ? (Genuine question, my heads melted and Ive wasted a work day mostly in here, while thinking of work!)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Just like to highlight this choice of wording in case no one saw it from late night discussion

LOL i was being ironic, as id been arguing with him a lot, not sure what you are trying to spin it as tbh,

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

(Was working on this earlier, but posting now.)

Right, here's my read of Derry's peek, who drove it, and what I feel it says about a few people.

Rather than mass quoting, I'm going to give a summary. I'd love someone else to clarify these reads too. I don't feel I missed any important posts, or anything that changes narratives, but would love others to see if they agree or not with my reads here.
    I just don't agree - I think having a vote is better than just giving it to someone who could potentially be a wolf.

Des has said that he doesn't want to choose himself.

In fact, I think we should choose one of the poisoned players to do the peek. If they're potentially going to die this evening anyway, we could get their alignment and know whether or not they're telling the truth.
    Senan WW wrote: »
    Oh thats a good idea, I like that!

Henry floats the idea. Senan (Evil) posts that he likes it within 1 minute. Implies to me that Senan and Derry were on the same team.
    Now it is a 50/50 chance whether they are poisoned or not but still a solid choice
    Doris WW wrote: »
    That’s actually a really good idea

Doris also likes the idea.

Wini reluctant. Patrick initially showed some confusion before twigging the plan. Orla eventually consents too, and the idea gets traction.
    It means that if we pick say Liam, then he peeks someone, if Liam dies we'll know for definite if he was good and can therefore definitely believe his peek

Senan uses Liam as the example, rather than Derry. He also paints that Derry is more active.

Derry pops up. Says he wants to peek Orla or Lucy. Orla responds by saying she's happy to be peeked.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    I've no problem carrying out the peek. If I had to chose who to peek it would be Orla / Lucy to see if there was anything in yesterdays spat.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    O no ive fallen and i cant get up.

I'm not sure what this post is....but...

Senan calls Liam a genie. Village points imo to Liam.
    Hah? Poisoned and injured?

Genie much BTW??
    I get ya. Dessie - do you now if the result will be instant?
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    I have just asked the mods, should be activated asap
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I'm not massively sold on the Derry plan. I'd rather we get info on someone who isn't possibly about to be removed from the game. I do get the theory, but in practice, I'd rather we clear or doom someone who can help long term.

If Derry peeks someone good, he and that person are probably dead by tomorrow morning anyway :/

A reminder I called out my fears of this plan :P
    Ok Derry, you need to post in bold, "I wish for a peek on xxx" where xxx is your player of choice. Good luck
    Have we decided who? Do I do it on thread and the mods reveal on thread?
    Que Derry dissapearig now :pac:
    Post it on thread, I will ask mods to grant it, I guess the answer will be pmd to you.
    Nope still here, waiting on consensus but I do have a meeting at 1.30

This might be why I had a memory of Derry starting to stall a bit; he's told how to peek, and suddenly develops a reasoning he might have to delay. Wondering if this was a stall tactic when the evils realised it was something being conducted publicly.

Quoted Isla's post cause I quite liked it from a villager stand point.

Though in fairness, he then conducts it a moment latter. And then....
    I wish for a peek on Lucy WW
    Don't forget this is an alignment peek so we won't actually be told if she is the jester but if she comes back evil we know to kill her by other means and not lynch just in case

....starts trying to talk about why we shouldn't lynch Lucy if she comes back evil. Goes from zero engagement to posting that we shouldn't hang Lucy if she shows evil. Senan ALSO pushes this narrative briefly too.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Actually just realized, doesn’t really matter since if they peek as good why would we ever Lynch them

Doris showing a lot of trust in someone we now know is a wolf to tell the truth...
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    How do you know it's an alignment peek? Have I missed something?

Patrick spots a flaw in Derry's post. Like this post a lot now. Don't know if a teammate puts that out on thread. Derry clarifies that it was based on what Desmond said, but I like Patrick wanted clarification.

40 minutes pass as Derry is in a meeting.

Ok I am back - Lucy is good

I like Patrick's contributions to this. Isla's too.

I'm not fond of Doris' at all, though. And I'm not thrilled with Derry and Senan trying to backpedal before the peek reveal about why they shouldn't off Lucy if she returns bad....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Yeh. If wolves rigged vote 2, they could vote whatever way they choose and knew it wouldnt matter. Voting for a team mate who is lynched (there was no guarantee the village would accept Tegan was good) or proven bad is a good look. I mean, if Senan had flipped good last night I gather I would possibly be up for the chop myself . .

With regards to your second paragraph, which vote are you talking about ?

Wasnt Derry dead by vote 3 ? I am not sure I understand what you are saying when you said "they didnt need to both stay silent on Tegan"?

don't think so - I have him on my list - he died the morning after the gabs lynch

Yeap.

Same as Brendo here, I was told I had a backroom with him, but that I would have to work out his alignment. Obviously, I was very worried bout him, though have backed him up here and there on thread.

He was adamant that we were lovers, and that if he died, I would too. That did worry me (be a good way for a wolf to pocket a villager). But that's the only negative vibe he's given off to me. He volunteered his identity first, he was happy to get out on thread first, and I've been very happy with his posts in the back room.

As for the other thing, while I've expanded on my knowledge with Brendan now, I think I'd rather keep my piece on the side's secret for now.

I'd say the mods and the people in the dead room are having good fun laughing at one of Tweek & Craig coming to Explosive Lovers Stan & Wendy for advice on if they are lovers while Craig had a piece on the side :pac:

so nobody told you, you were lovers apart from him saying it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Yes

In fairness, she was likely looking at the info I'd offered (which wasn't updated minute by minute) and didn't realise that babs and patrick had just moved, taking pressure off her.
    Unless she's a wolf, in which case, she used it as an excuse to take out vernon. In either case, if I was her and I was village, I'd have voted vernon to ensure that I survived. I honestly don't see anything dodgy about her voting.

Now her role, that's a conspiracy theory I could get behind.

NOt a wolf apolgise voting to vernon on voting lynch thread as I felt bad voting him to save me.

The role ye can conspiracy theory away Ive explained it as it was written and explained to me, as ye will find out when game ends. If ye can think of a good way to use it great

• Advertisement

Yeap.

Same as Brendo here, I was told I had a backroom with him, but that I would have to work out his alignment. Obviously, I was very worried bout him, though have backed him up here and there on thread.

He was adamant that we were lovers, and that if he died, I would too. That did worry me (be a good way for a wolf to pocket a villager). But that's the only negative vibe he's given off to me. He volunteered his identity first, he was happy to get out on thread first, and I've been very happy with his posts in the back room.

As for the other thing, while I've expanded on my knowledge with Brendan now, I think I'd rather keep my piece on the side's secret for now.

Can you tell me in our BR?

Yes

I'd say the mods and the people in the dead room are having good fun laughing at one of Tweek & Craig coming to Explosive Lovers Stan & Wendy for advice on if they are lovers while Craig had a piece on the side :pac:

No i assumed it from the start. It made sense to me.

I was never told we were lovers?

Is that not what he meant by he had expanded to you already?

Not talking behind the scenes? hope you can get it together the people of South Park are routing for you

source.gif

Brendan floated the idea quickly. I didn't nessecarily trust him but had no reason to doubt it either.

When I realised you and Patrick actually knew you were lovers (as opposed to us just sharing space together), I pointed that out to Brendan, and he opted to reveal here (Look at his questioning in the lead up to it).

I've given you some details in the backroom already, lover boy. :P

Yes

So why assume lovers when the role given in the OP is lovers, someone else has that and nobody told you your fate was tied to the other person?

If your really lovers your painting a massive target on yourselves coming out in a very non explosive way

Brendan floated the idea quickly. I didn't nessecarily trust him but had no reason to doubt it either.

When I realised you and Patrick actually knew you were lovers (as opposed to us just sharing space together), I pointed that out to Brendan, and he opted to reveal here (Look at his questioning in the lead up to it).

I've given you some details in the backroom already, lover boy. :P

I would posit your not lovers then.

Not that I want to label what you two have :pac:

(Was working on this earlier, but posting now.)

Right, here's my read of Derry's peek, who drove it, and what I feel it says about a few people.

Rather than mass quoting, I'm going to give a summary. I'd love someone else to clarify these reads too. I don't feel I missed any important posts, or anything that changes narratives, but would love others to see if they agree or not with my reads here.

Henry floats the idea. Senan (Evil) posts that he likes it within 1 minute. Implies to me that Senan and Derry were on the same team.

Doris also likes the idea.

Wini reluctant. Patrick initially showed some confusion before twigging the plan. Orla eventually consents too, and the idea gets traction.

Senan uses Liam as the example, rather than Derry. He also paints that Derry is more active.

Derry pops up. Says he wants to peek Orla or Lucy. Orla responds by saying she's happy to be peeked.

I'm not sure what this post is....but...

Senan calls Liam a genie. Village points imo to Liam.

A reminder I called out my fears of this plan :P

This might be why I had a memory of Derry starting to stall a bit; he's told how to peek, and suddenly develops a reasoning he might have to delay. Wondering if this was a stall tactic when the evils realised it was something being conducted publicly.

Quoted Isla's post cause I quite liked it from a villager stand point.

Though in fairness, he then conducts it a moment latter. And then....

....starts trying to talk about why we shouldn't lynch Lucy if she comes back evil. Goes from zero engagement to posting that we shouldn't hang Lucy if she shows evil. Senan ALSO pushes this narrative briefly too.

Doris showing a lot of trust in someone we now know is a wolf to tell the truth...

Patrick spots a flaw in Derry's post. Like this post a lot now. Don't know if a teammate puts that out on thread. Derry clarifies that it was based on what Desmond said, but I like Patrick wanted clarification.

40 minutes pass as Derry is in a meeting.

I like Patrick's contributions to this. Isla's too.

I'm not fond of Doris' at all, though. And I'm not thrilled with Derry and Senan trying to backpedal before the peek reveal about why they shouldn't off Lucy if she returns bad....

Are you suggesting from this that in terms of what this suggests, just from this interaction , we give 1 points as follows:

1 Negative tick against Name = Doris and Lucy (potentially defended by two wolves ?)

1 Positive tick against name = You and Patrick ?

Are you suggesting from this that in terms of what this suggests, just from this interaction , we give 1 points as follows:

1 Negative tick against Name = Doris and Lucy (potentially defended by two wolves ?)

1 Positive tick against name = You and Patrick ?

On my list, that's how I'm leaning.

Has anyone got a read on Doris at all? Lucy, I've got worries about, but Doris is so far under my radar on day 4, it's insane.

Has anyone got a read on Doris at all? Lucy, I've got worries about, but Doris is so far under my radar on day 4, it's insane.

Pretty much how I would describe Doris. Thanks for reminding me she's alive

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ive been sharing a backroom with someone.

I was never told I was a lover, but i assume I was.

Im good and Ive not been told the other guys alignment. They claim good and Ive trusted them so far, they appears to be up front.

I assumed I was a lover

You could just be neighbours

Glossary Neighbor you have access to a private thread where you can talk to the other Neighbors in your group. Your Neighbors could be any alignment. You do not know if there are other groups

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Lucy seemed to be given a clean run cause she was a potential jester but she's been very quiet of late! I've nothing really on Doris she's in my null pile.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    You could just be neighbours

Glossary Neighbor you have access to a private thread where you can talk to the other Neighbors in your group. Your Neighbors could be any alignment. You do not know if there are other groups

Who's the other guy?

update

#FFA3

1.Vernon
    2.Tegan
    3.Doris/Lucy

I'm guessing we could have had up to 5 wolves and that all remaining ones are in there... so probably all wrong :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    What do you want to know?

Ok, no way to ask this one subtly I’m afraid. I’m wondering based on something you said when resurrected if Derry died because the wolves munched you

Well, would how would read this then:

8.50pm

Lucy Wendy Mary Ewan Vernon Orla (5)
    Vernon Isla Oisin Eva Winifred Lucy Henry (6)
    Tegan Fiona Phil Clodagh Barbara Patrick (5)
    Senan Emily Liam Brendan Angus Tegan (5)
    Henry Doris
    Doris Abigail
    Brendan Senan

8.55pm

Lucy Wendy Mary Ewan Vernon Orla Barbara (6)
    Vernon Isla Oisin Eva Winifred Lucy Henry Patrick Tegan (8)
    Tegan Fiona Phil Clodagh (3)
    Senan Emily Liam Brendan Angus Conor (5)
    Henry Doris
    Doris Abigail
    Brendan Senan

Final position (9pm)

Lucy Wendy Mary Ewan Vernon Orla Barbara (6)
    Vernon Isla Oisin Eva Winifred Lucy Henry Patrick Tegan Senan (9)
    Tegan Fiona Phil Clodagh Frank (4)
    Senan Emily Liam Brendan Angus Conor (5)
    Henry Doris
    Doris Abigail

Henrys figures:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111585155&postcount=3027

At 8:50, Lucy, Tegan and Senan has 5 votes, Vernon with 6

At 8:53 Me and Patrick vote which leaves the following:
    Vernon = 7
    Senan = 6
    Lucy = 5
    Tegan = 4

At 8:54 Barbara votes for Lucy which makes it:
    Vernon 7
    Lucy 6
    Senan 6
    Tegan 3

Two more votes go on Vernon, when Lucy could just as easily been lynched . .

There are numerous reasons why Lucy was chosen, not all bad in terms of Tegans POV, but what do you think these votes tell us (if anything)? Or do you think its irrelevant as evidence ?

Again bearing in mind that Night 1 and 3 had alot of action after 8.30 and night 2 had only one person voting late. .

FFA3

EWAN
    TEGAN
    DORIS

FFA3

EWAN
    TEGAN
    DORIS

What has you going for the supposed Drunk / Broken Seer claimee over others?

What has you going for the supposed Drunk / Broken Seer claimee over others?

I feel his claim is bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Speaking of under the radar, Oisin?

Advertisement