Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    You can if you want to as I have slept today but i dont want to cloud up space we can be using to catch actual wolves.

Nope, really trying not to go there. Its really only when people say "x is cleared" I get triggered. .

I am starting to think you are more village when looking through some votes, but (and dont go mad) I have seen people staging disgust to deflect attention in games before and a paranoid person like me struggles to let go gut feelings . . :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I have not title, just a power I used.

I dont get what you are saying here. So wolves know the vote doesnt matter and jump on Tegan because ? Would it not be a better bet to jump on a wolf so if that wolf (in this case Tegan) gets killed off later you can say you voted against them ?

Oh, I really dont want to go down this road again . .

Ha the conclusion you came to is actually one of the only scenarios I could come up with where I don’t currently think her good. Didn’t want your point ignored but I should probably not feed yourself if anyone with theories especially as I gotta meet the wife for a bit. I’ll be back though as I think inactive wolves might be getting involved today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    People yet to claim Roles: Henry, Doris, Clodagh, Phil, Emily, Liam
    No Lynch Voters from Night One: Phil, Conor, Oisin, Ewan, Regan, Liam, Lucy

Phil and Liam being on both those lists worry me.

Lads, why Wini? Just that she was being helpful? Or because her power was more important to get rid of? Was someone who moves at night time really that afraid of being caught misbehaving?

because she was seer cleared by me ;) j/k

Watcher is a strong enough role. if shes picking the right people to follow, she can be following the movements of the wolves too and with a reduced team, they might be hoping to avoid vigs and peeks more than tracks. Would lead me to believe in a well buried wolf team if they feel they'll avoid detection that way

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Tegan not at all cleared. But I have found her frustrations to be more villager than wolfy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    She's not bloody cleared! We don't know who moved the vote or why! I said at the time what if she was a wolf with a power worth saving?

Actually thats a good point. If the wolves know the lynch is going to be rigged, they would be more confident in the bus. Its convoluted, but not impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

No Lynch Voters from Night One: Phil, Conor, Oisin, Ewan, TeganRegan, Liam, Lucy

Lads, why Wini? Just that she was being helpful? Or because her power was more important to get rid of? Was someone who moves at night time really that afraid of being caught misbehaving?

Just fixing above as I'm TeganRegan in case anyone forgot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

No Lynch Voters from Night One: Phil, Conor, Oisin, Ewan, Regan, Liam, Lucy

I havent claimed a role

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

The first two lynches are a pain in the hole, we dont know who fixed the first one therefore it could be wolves who could pretty much vote anywhere and not be concerned.

Conor night two, same thing until we know his alignment we cant really read too much into the votes, at least we know who did this one but its a pain to try analyise potential corrupted info

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    because she was seer cleared by me ;) j/k

Watcher is a strong enough role. if shes picking the right people to follow, she can be following the movements of the wolves too and with a reduced team, they might be hoping to avoid vigs and peeks more than tracks. Would lead me to believe in a well buried wolf team if they feel they'll avoid detection that way

I actually appreciate the fact your story about the thief gives cover for why you'd survive.

I just think that going with Wini (who can follow people) over, say, a vig or a poisoner, is a weird play.

The fact you've revealed there's a "thief" role, means that one of our current unknowns will absolutely have to concoct a lie. Or someone is already lying about their role.

Actually, I missed Lucy from the "No roles claim" list too, because she had text beside her.

Process of elimination.

The thief can't be (due to their powers having confirmable aspects):
    Eva, Brendan, Isla, Patrick, Frank, Abigal

The following have claimed a role which (I think) isn't 100% verified but looks legit:
    Orla, Tegan, Connor, Fiona

Following have claimed roles but (I think) aren't verified beyond their word:
    Ewan, Angus, Oisin

Following have claimed no roles:
    Lucy, Henry, Doris, Clodagh, Phil, Emily, Liam

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    In the posts of his above my post you quoted he says he is a drunk vig

Grand, thanks, missed it as I was working through
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    I think the mods setup the game thus: pick loads of roles. Assign them to characters. Assign players. Assign alignment. In that order. Powers seem character specific. And given we have 2 vote manipulators who appear to both be village / 2 wish or power givers who were village / 2 sets of lovers neighbours whatever, i think alignment was randed after roles and characters. I only say this now as i dont think we can hang our hats on how the roles were split between village and wolves, as some seem keen to do.

FWIW im a drunk vig. I had to pick a target each day d1-3 and there was a 50/50 chance the shot would hit, or would miss and hit someone else. I shot Derry D1 but my shot didnt land for some reason. I dont know why he later died - my shot isnt time delayed, so i dont think that explains it. I shot at Orla D2 and it seems to have hit Des. I shot at Holly and it hit Holly.

I had hoped a peek could have been used to clear me, but im spent now (no more bullets) so its much of a muchness. Hopefully there are few enough wolves left that we can afford me being killed off.

So this is odd. You say you’ve a 50:50 chance of hitting or else a bullet can also redirect, but one bullet did neither. Was that described in your role?

• Advertisement

Actually thats a good point. If the wolves know the lynch is going to be rigged, they would be more confident in the bus. Its convoluted, but not impossible.

At this stage, I'd be curious to see how Tegan flips, lol

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning guys. Not had a chance to fully catch up but saw a few questions.

Oisin is poisoned, so make sure you spill your guts before you die if you have anything that can help the village.

I am fake poisoned. I initially fake poisoned Lucy after randing Oisin and Lucy, but Liam wanted me fake poisoned and to be honest the rest of you weren’t being much help.

I am more than happy to poison myself in the morning if it’s what you want. Do not waste a lynch on me.

I am not active in the mornings. I need instruction from the village at night or else put up with whatever orders get put in.

I assume I’m still alive because there’s not a wolf on our radar and they want me to take out villagers. We need to take a good look at those not on our radars for wolf.

I’m currently in the doctors waiting room and won’t be back on until I get home.

Process of elimination.

The thief can't be (due to their powers having confirmable aspects):
    Eva, Brendan, Isla, Patrick, Frank, Abigal

The following have claimed a role which (I think) isn't 100% verified but looks legit:
    Orla, Tegan, Connor, Fiona

Following have claimed roles but (I think) aren't verified beyond their word:
    Ewan, Angus, Oisin

Following have claimed no roles:
    Lucy, Henry, Doris, Clodagh, Phil, Emily, Liam
    Good info to know
    At this stage, I'd be curious to see how Tegan flips, lol
    I will flip good whenever lynched or munched
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Block a wolf from completing their action and you'll be cleared :)
    I would need to know who the wolves are and have put one order in as of 730 this morning and will spend day looking for more info to see should I change it

Doris WW wrote: »
    Grand, thanks, missed it as I was working through

So this is odd. You say you’ve a 50:50 chance of hitting or else a bullet can also redirect, but one bullet did neither. Was that described in your role?

I was told im a vig with a 50/50 chance of my bullets landing as targeted or hitting somewhere else by accident. Im trying to paraphrase here, so i cant post exactly what was said. My guess would be that either Derry had protection when i tried to shoot him, or that whomever the bullet went to had protection.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you Orla.

I was told im a vig with a 50/50 chance of my bullets landing as targeted or hitting somewhere else by accident. Im trying to paraphrase here, so i cant post exactly what was said. My guess would be that either Derry had protection when i tried to shoot him, or that whomever the bullet went to had protection.

Just to reimind me who did you try to shoot day 3?

Am I the only one who ends up with about 3 or 4 screen open on laptop all boards?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

but on day 3, senan and tegan could have TOGETHER moved to lucy and saved vernon, but didn't.

i don't think vernon, senan and tegan are on same wolf team = i don't see tegan as wolf

Tegan WW wrote:
    Just to reimind me who did you try to shoot day 3?

Holly

Orla WW wrote: »
    Morning guys. Not had a chance to fully catch up but saw a few questions.

Oisin is poisoned, so make sure you spill your guts before you die if you have anything that can help the village.

I am fake poisoned. I initially fake poisoned Lucy after randing Oisin and Lucy, but Liam wanted me fake poisoned and to be honest the rest of you weren’t being much help.

I am more than happy to poison myself in the morning if it’s what you want. Do not waste a lynch on me.

I am not active in the mornings. I need instruction from the village at night or else put up with whatever orders get put in.

I assume I’m still alive because there’s not a wolf on our radar and they want me to take out villagers. We need to take a good look at those not on our radars for wolf.

I’m currently in the doctors waiting room and won’t be back on until I get home.

So after your pitch was “I will poison myself in the morning” you took it upon yourself to poison somebody else arbitrarily and just randed them?

Hmm. This is a pickle. I don’t necessarily think this makes you bad but it’s not a great look for you Orla..

I can see cases for you being good or bad to be honest but this is an interesting turn of events. Oisin is dead man walking with.no cure that we know of so will be interesting to see how that turns out.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who ends up with about 3 or 4 screen open on laptop all boards?

i'm on a call and trying to type quietly to you lot and read along...

i've been caught twice already not following the phone conversation

So after your pitch was “I will poison myself in the morning” you took it upon yourself to poison somebody else arbitrarily and just randed them?

Hmm. This is a pickle. I don’t necessarily think this makes you bad but it’s not a great look for you Orla..

I can see cases for you being good or bad to be honest but this is an interesting turn of events. Oisin is dead man walking with.no cure that we know of so will be interesting to see how that turns out.

she had a good few posts last night asking who she should poison

If she was going to rand anyone to kill, im probably the best of the bunch. Im basically a NRV now.

Wanted to go back and check the hour leading up to lynch, and see who was doing what.

Vernon was dead to rights, but only one person was massively pushing a case to save him.
    Heres one suggestion

Lynch me keep orla and vernon till ye make up yer minds
    lynch me keep them until ye figure it out
    lynch me keep them till ye figure it out
    no i have asked to stay but then get fed up with spanish inquistion so now i am saying lynch me easiest option

what difference does it make i am not a jester and not a wolf just a village and wrecked

Multiple posts that seem a massive drive to push us off voting out Vernon.

The only other two who seemed to post about the idea....
    Liam WW wrote: »
    If we were to go mad and lynch elsewhere I kinda want to lynch Oisin
    What harm can Vernon do as a wolf who can cure people who won’t be poisoned?

His claim is curing people. If Vernon is A wolf who can cure people , then he is no use unless there is somebody who can poison people?!

If Orla is bad we lynch only villager who can stop her killing tomorrow!!

Though, I can't imagine Conor and Tegan were working together on it.

It really does worry me though; I've been happy to "clear" Tegan based on Night 2 vote....which was rigged. And then she's practically begging to die over Vernon last night.

Don't feel I'll have much choice but to have Tegan as very high up my FFA today. Also fits into my "No Lyncher" theory too....

Henry WW wrote: »
    but on day 3, senan and tegan could have TOGETHER moved to lucy and saved vernon, but didn't.

i don't think vernon, senan and tegan are on same wolf team = i don't see tegan as wolf

Would have helped short term but been very dangerous long term.

If Senan and Tegan all switched to save Vernon, it would have been difficult to explain once one or two of them flipped bad.

If Senan and Tegan all switched to save Vernon, it would have been difficult to explain once one or two of them flipped bad.

UNLESS they knew the vote was going to be rigged?

Henry WW wrote: »
    she had a good few posts last night asking who she should poison

But if wolves were reading that , might they not of deduced that Orla was thinking of not killing her self?

I still don’t get it, wolves leaving not one, but two villagers with powers to kill on the table.

Wolves are nuts unless the village is just so way off on targeting them they don’t think that any of our villagers with weapons will hit any of them! We have gotten a wolf every day so far , are wolves that comfortable?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

I think they knew the game was up for him

If she was going to rand anyone to kill, im probably the best of the bunch. Im basically a NRV now.

Sadly, I am 100% convinced that you're good now. I think the wolves thought Lucy was poisoned (I did anyway) and that you were choice number two, so if you were wolfy, they'd have munched Doris last night to stop you being poisoned next time.

I like this form of vig role though - I get a full day of your thoughts before you die (sorry you're dying).

Can you be bothered doing a full read list? I know it might feel a bit pointless...

• Advertisement

Wanted to go back and check the hour leading up to lynch, and see who was doing what.

Vernon was dead to rights, but only one person was massively pushing a case to save him.

Multiple posts that seem a massive drive to push us off voting out Vernon.

The only other two who seemed to post about the idea....

Though, I can't imagine Conor and Tegan were working together on it.

It really does worry me though; I've been happy to "clear" Tegan based on Night 2 vote....which was rigged. And then she's practically begging to die over Vernon last night.

Don't feel I'll have much choice but to have Tegan as very high up my FFA today. Also fits into my "No Lyncher" theory too....

Yep Id ask to be lynched as I was knackered yesterday was a **** day on this game and I wanted off partially due to lack of sleep as it was no longer fun.

Advertisement