Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    (I'm curious that you're a little more aggressive this morning, Henry. Like, I've had you as one of my top village reads all game, but now you're getting snippy? Ok).

Mine is pretty much along the lines of the list I posted when discussing the "thief" lie, but I'll happily restructure it for you now.

Strong Village Reads
    Brendan, Isla, Patrick, Frank

Weaker Village Reads
    Abi, Connor, Oisin, Henry

Neutral
    Liam (Do not like he was advocating for us to take out explosive lovers; that's potentiall three kills tonight if done wrong)
    Orla, Angus, Fiona
    Clodagh, Phil, Emily, (These three scare the bejesus out of me)

Weak Wolf Leans
    Ewan (Don't like his "Broken Seer" story particularly)
    Tegan

Stronger Wolf Leans
    Doris
    Lucy (as per yesterday, Senan and Derry seemed eager to use the peek until it was to be made public, then started making pre-emptive excuses for her flipping bad)

Actually, thanks for asking, cause it's basically made me realise my FFA for today will probably be Tegan, Doris and Lucy :D

Actually, why do you have such a strong village read on Isla and Patrick? I'm going to go back on them as I'm not feeling overly villagey at all, and I think that since they've come out as lovers with the magical exploding 4-person kill zone, they have pretty much gone off the radar.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

4 person kill zone?

Oisin WW wrote: »
    4 person kill zone?

I'll look up the post. Essentially, if patrick or isla dies, the person that kills them dies, and the 2 lovers, and another person. that's how i remember it - i'll check.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    If the mods randed things in this way couldnt one team theoretically of gotten all Vigs, all vote changes and pretty much all the cool roles ? Dont they usually use some sort of balancing out mechanic to make sure the game gives as much of an even chance to each team ?

I'd imagine the roles were broken into groupings before alignments were applied, if that indeed was the case of how it was done

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Ok so lads. Say i have a bullet; and not a 50/50 one. Who gets it?

Meeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I'll look up the post. Essentially, if patrick or isla dies, the person that kills them dies, and the 2 lovers, and another person. that's how i remember it - i'll check.

hmmm, If Oisin is a deadman walking, it might not be a bad place for him to stick a shot lol. Just incase one of the lovers is a deep wolf or something :D

Frank WW wrote: »
    I'd imagine the roles were broken into groupings before alignments were applied, if that indeed was the case of how it was done

I dont think you can really balance out a 32 role game. Too many variables. A rand is the fairest way of doing it, i think.

Isla WW wrote: »
    As per usual a lot has changed during my catch up read.

Apart from Derry (who I kept saying had to be looked at for lynching because the person who cured them (him or Liam) was staying silent and because Lucy (who is not clear) could only be bad if he was I’m not sure about my reads now as I didn’t suspect Senan and 100% expected Wendy to flip bad be it wolf or Jester.

I had also believed that Patrick was on the level but now I’m not as sure, but feel I should say this Incase someone is planning to shoot him as suggested.

He and I are explosive lovers. I’m Stan Marsh and he is Wendy Testaburger. My first post started with a gift of Stan and I later responded to Patrick with the first letters of each word spelling out WENDY followed by ... and then the rest of the reply. I’m not at home and I’m on my phone otherwise this would be accompanied by some gifs of Stan and Wendy.

Why did I not wait until then then to state this - well mostly because there is talk of people targeting him next and I don’t want to be collateral or for villagers to die because they did so. Can’t seem to sign into my back room on my phone but he was talking about revealing yesterday too so shouldn’t mind me doing so and I’d assume good or bad he will confirm what I’m saying here.

If he is bad I don’t see the wolves killing me too as they would know that at least he would also die.

If he’s good though and One of us is targeted then whoever did the killing will also die in an explosive revenge kill by that person. Meanwhile the one of us not targeted will take someone of their choice out in a sort of suicide bombing as they can’t live any longer without their beloved Wendy/Stan.

I’m around for the next 30m if you have any questions (but on my phone) seeing as others seem to be around early today.

Here we go. Magical 4-person kill zone.

hmmm, If Oisin is a deadman walking, it might not be a bad place for him to stick a shot lol. Just incase one of the lovers is a deep wolf or something :D

Oh yeah, now that i've brought it up, suggest it and watch them take me out with oisin. Cheers Frank!

I appreciate that I am guaranteed to be killed by the magical kill zone now that i've made fun of it.

Oh wow. Thats a horrifying and also cool role.

So lets say i shoot one of ye, the other picks someone who they think is a wolf and we find out all 4 people?

Interesting.

Its a big waste of village resources though.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

So after your pitch was “I will poison myself in the morning” you took it upon yourself to poison somebody else arbitrarily and just randed them?

Hmm. This is a pickle. I don’t necessarily think this makes you bad but it’s not a great look for you Orla..

I can see cases for you being good or bad to be honest but this is an interesting turn of events. Oisin is dead man walking with.no cure that we know of so will be interesting to see how that turns out.

A few people said not to poison myself and I can’t carry out the villages wishes if they don’t give them to me!

Oh wow. Thats a horrifying and also cool role.

So lets say i shoot one of ye, the other picks someone who they think is a wolf and we find out all 4 people?

Interesting.

Its a big waste of village resources though.

Is it?

It's a big reduction in people we have to look at if 3 more people die.

I'M JOKING, DON'T KILL ME

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Think there is still 20-21 players left on day 4 . . This is the amount of players you can get in some games when they start!

Surely theres some carnage stuff on the horizon or we may be still here at Christmas ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

The more people say they have me as village, the more pissed off im getting that Orla was allowed to moot poisoning me to no objection.

For me, it's your reaction to being poisoned that puts you as a villager. Knowing you're likely dead, you're posting more freely. If that makes sense.
    Its an absolutely massive coincidence within the hour of your death, a baddy dies for some unknown reason (Derry), you get resurrected and you gain a power of somebody who also dies during that hour and your power means the wovles wont touch you for the remainder of the game. . Thats a massive stroke of luck on your part . .

Jesus, when you phrase it like that....

Doris or Tegan
    Just looking briefly at the wagonomicss, if we come across a way to find out the alignment of TeganRegan, it could be a big help in determining where the remaining wolves might be. If shes definitely a villager, some wolves might have outed themselves unwittingly on a couple of the nights

Agreed.
    Actually, why do you have such a strong village read on Isla and Patrick? I'm going to go back on them as I'm not feeling overly villagey at all, and I think that since they've come out as lovers with the magical exploding 4-person kill zone, they have pretty much gone off the radar.

It would be a mad play for them to out themselves like that, in a bid to protect themselves. Patrick was on some radars, but Isla wasn't, so it was a risky move if she did.

Reading back over how Derry and Senan were pushing to get Derry the peek, it was Isla and Patrick who seemed quite reluctant. Now, again, maybe that entire thing was a scripted push to take control of the seer peek, but that wasn't my read.

Meanwhile, despite dodgy Night 1 and two votes, both were on Vernon on night three, as was Senan. Would the wolves have lumped on a wolf like that? (Though were vote manipulations in play?)

I'd worry about them more as the game goes on, but don't have them on my bad read list right now.

Think there is still 20-21 players left on day 4 . . This is the amount of players you can get in some games when they start!

Holy god, you're right. I was thinking there was about 12, even with read lists and stuff. That's a mind ****.

It would be a mad play for them to out themselves like that, in a bid to protect themselves. Patrick was on some radars, but Isla wasn't, so it was a risky move if she did.

Reading back over how Derry and Senan were pushing to get Derry the peek, it was Isla and Patrick who seemed quite reluctant. Now, again, maybe that entire thing was a scripted push to take control of the seer peek, but that wasn't my read.

Meanwhile, despite dodgy Night 1 and two votes, both were on Vernon on night three, as was Senan. Would the wolves have lumped on a wolf like that? (Though were vote manipulations in play?)

I'd worry about them more as the game goes on, but don't have them on my bad read list right now.

That sounds reasonable. I'll read back.

Here we go. Magical 4-person kill zone.

giphy.gif

Shoot me

I have Doris and Emily as my most wolfy.

But I am talkative and still alive so I've no faith in my own reads.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Shoot me

you be quiet vig

• Advertisement

Can relate.

Shoot me

Why so eager?

A few people said not to poison myself and I can’t carry out the villages wishes if they don’t give them to me!

So why do you think the wolves left you alive? Why are you looking to be shot now ? If you are good surely it makes more sense to stay alive and keep poisoning people ?

I mean you lied about what you gonna do (poison yourself) but getting Vernon really discounts the lie. The wolves not targeting you is odd. I am not saying you are cleared but I am not sure you are the most important target right now. . Hard to keep up so I cant actually say exactly who I would shoot to be fair.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Lucy
    Emily
    Doris
    Liam - New entrant to my wolfy list based on this morning.

As for our reveals, we are on the level, I'd welcome a peek on both of us to be honest!

If we have a bullet, much like the poison I'd be leaning Lucy or Emily!

Ok so there is no bullet. That was BS to rattle some cages and see who disappeared from the thread or tried to lie low or deflect.

Namely; Isla, Frank, Emily, Liam, Patrick.

Orla and Lucy get a reprieve in my eyes for volunteering themselves.

Why so eager?

So I can stop killing villagers :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Ok, here’s a little something I intended to post this morning at 9.59

Good morning folks, time for my reveal

I’m the thief- each night I get to borrow a power.

I’m afraid first outing didn’t go so well. I stole Wendy’s power- yeah I was the one who caused the Gabriel thing (sorry Gabriel if you’re watching). I thought based on how he was behaving he was a wolf but I got it wrong. It’s also why I thought Lucy and Wendy were linked, since I couldn’t figure why Wendy didn’t just use her power if she thought so strongly it was Lucy as a wolf

Next out I burgled ewan, based on a hint I thought he’d dropped. Ewan definitely has a peek so that bit is true. Is it broken? I’m not totally convinced- I put a peek in for Vernon with my stolen power and it came back bad so if it’s rand I got lucky. There’s a decent possibility however that it actually works, in which case ewan is likely evil

Finally last night I burgled frank, who had indicated on thread that he was the real seer. He isn’t a seer though, he takes people for counseling each night. Yet in spite of having one decent power he’s claiming another, and has survived so far (which I think is interesting ). In our therapy session frank was moderately lucid but evasive, basically I don’t actually trust him one inch. It’s interesting that his fakepeek posts last night coincide with when he was basically rumbled in counseling.

So possibilities; frank is a confirmed liar, I’d lynch there tonight. It’s unclear if he’s working with a real seer, or if that’s ewan, but for now I’d assume seer rolled bad since we were told we had one and no one is overly contesting franks claim

That’s all from my reveal

——-

I held off because frank was acting on thread and I wanted to see where that went. I also wanted another steal

That was Oisin. I can confirm, sort off the drunk vig. Except I’ve nothing about hitting someone else and I’ve nothing about being out of bullets

So summary

Frank: very different interaction in my eyes. He shut down when called as a wolf

Ewan has a peek not sure if drunk

Gab, that was me

Conor, 5050 vig, I have one of those now

So why do you think the wolves left you alive? Why are you looking to be shot now ? If you are good surely it makes more sense to stay alive and keep poisoning people ?

I mean you lied about what you gonna do (poison yourself) but getting Vernon really discounts the lie. The wolves not targeting you is odd. I am not saying you are cleared but I am not sure you are the most important target right now. . Hard to keep up so I cant actually say exactly who I would shoot to be fair.

Having me alive means we have to poison and if we make the wrong choice we take out extra villagers

Why so eager?

JUST FCUKING SHOOT ME!!! :D

• Advertisement

Ok so there is no bullet. That was BS to rattle some cages and see who disappeared from the thread or tried to lie low or deflect.

Namely; Isla, Frank, Emily, Liam, Patrick.

Orla and Lucy get a reprieve in my eyes for volunteering themselves.

Damn you. I wanted a bullet. Make the madness go away.

Advertisement