Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Doris please take my power tonight if I’m still alive :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

That's....an interesting confession from Doris....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Not bad Doris. Well done to you.

Eva WW wrote: »
    That's....an interesting confession from Doris....

I think it makes sense. Now to see those mentioned explain themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

My Village People

Oisin (based on Orla still alive)
    Orla (based on giving us Vernon)
    Conor (for giving us Vern)
    Abigail (based on being munched)
    Fiona (based on bringing back abigail)
    Angus (based on being open about his vig shot and asking who he should shoot)
    Tegan (voting patterns - still potential cub)
    Frank... I like frank's reveal. Maybe I'm pocketed, but I have him village.

My Villagey People
    Brendan
    Eva

Neutral
    Isla,
    Patrick,
    Lucy
    Clodagh,
    Phil
    Liam
    Ewan

Wolf Leans
    Emily
    Doris

There is a big neutral pack in there that I don't feel much about, considering it's day 5.

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    My Village People

Oisin (based on Orla still alive)
    Orla (based on giving us Vernon)
    Conor (for giving us Vern)
    Abigail (based on being munched)
    Fiona (based on bringing back abigail)
    Angus (based on being open about his vig shot and asking who he should shoot)
    Tegan (voting patterns - still potential cub)
    Frank... I like frank's reveal. Maybe I'm pocketed, but I have him village.

My Villagey People
    Brendan
    Eva

Neutral
    Isla,
    Patrick,
    Lucy
    Clodagh,
    Phil
    Liam
    Ewan

Wolf Leans
    Emily
    Doris

There is a big neutral pack in there that I don't feel much about, considering it's day 5.

So you're completely against Doris reveal?

Doris WW wrote: »

Conor, 5050 vig, I have one of those now

You have what now?

Gun and bullet?

Lucy WW wrote: »
    So you're completely against Doris reveal?

I was writing this while she was posting - I need to have a read!

I was writing this while she was posting - I need to have a read!

Grand.

Doris - you STEAL the power, so they can't use it while you have it, right?

• Advertisement

I think it makes sense. Now to see those mentioned explain themselves.

Not sure.

I disagree with some of her read about Frank. I also dislike that she waited until a possible gun was being waved her direction. And she doesn't give a character name either.

I do think it puts a conflict for tonight between herself and Frank; the two stories conflict, so it feels like one is lying there.

Frank's story implied that when his power was stolen, he got flipped out of his backroom, right? But I don't believe Ewan has implied missing his power, did he? He's accounted for each peek?

You noticed that too :pac:

Not sure.

I disagree with some of her read about Frank. I also dislike that she waited until a possible gun was being waved her direction. And she doesn't give a character name either.

I do think it puts a conflict for tonight between herself and Frank; the two stories conflict, so it feels like one is lying there.

Frank's story implied that when his power was stolen, he got flipped out of his backroom, right? But I don't believe Ewan has implied missing his power, did he? He's accounted for each peek?

Yes, but an evil seer might still be giving us truthful information as it suits both causes at times?

Then she should be able to prove her claims.

In fact, I'm going to let Doris fight it out with the people she actually mentioned.

Popcorn, anyone?

In fact, I'm going to let Doris fight it out with the people she actually mentioned.

Popcorn, anyone?

Please, and a large coke

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Well description of my powers seems mostly fine but I was told my shots would go stray. I only had 3 bullets and used them before last night, so not sure where Doris bullet came from.

The two versions of events, from both sides....
    Frank WW wrote: »
    n4, I requested Tegan as I felt she was becoming more villager like to me and my read on her had cooled dramatically. However, it turns out that several hours earlier, someone had stolen my role and thus my ability to interrogate suspects. In fact, I had become the one to be interrogated by this thief. First of all the thief tried to find out how I was peeking people. Then when I explained that I couldn't, they said they knew that I was the interrogator. Afterwards, they backtracked on that, saying that they wanted to steal my peeking ability. During the course of this conversation, they also said that I was good seer and that I must be a wolf because otherwise I would be dead by now if I wasn't. Which leads me to believe that my peeks are correct and they have actually gone about to steal my peeking powers

This has led me to a couple of conclusions.

I think the thief is a member of the wolf team. Why would a villager want to steal the seer ability from another villager. The fact that I didn't just lose the power and that this person ended up in an interrogation with me makes me think they didn't 100% know what they were getting into. They just stole the wrong "power".
    I think it means my "peeks" are correct, because once again, why would my power be stolen if they were wrong. The thief more or less alluded that I was seering well and that the only reason that I wasn't dead was because I must be a wolf. Ptchaw!
    Finally last night I burgled frank, who had indicated on thread that he was the real seer. He isn’t a seer though, he takes people for counseling each night. Yet in spite of having one decent power he’s claiming another, and has survived so far (which I think is interesting ). In our therapy session frank was moderately lucid but evasive, basically I don’t actually trust him one inch. It’s interesting that his fakepeek posts last night coincide with when he was basically rumbled in counseling.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Well description of my powers seems mostly fine but I was told my shots would go stray. I only had 3 bullets and used them before last night, so not sure where Doris bullet came from.

Why would your shots go stray?

That means you could never hit your target?

The two versions of events, from both sides....

One of these is not like the other :D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Lucy WW wrote:

Lucy WW wrote:

50/50 chance of a hit vs a stray shot.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    50/50 chance of a hit vs a stray shot.

But why?

Was there a task to complete to increase success odds?

Were the bullets ever 100%?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

If they wanted me dead. I they could have bandwagoned me on the crazy Wendy train.

Have to go along with this IF Wendy was a vote rigger of some kind, Wendy flipped good so still no idea why Tegan got let off and (Gabriel?) got lynched.

As regards powers, some powers are better early in the game vigs, poisoners etc. When they can be used to cull the field to some extent and if they hit a wolf all the better, some will be more advantagous in the later game such as seers, watchers etc. When you really want to avoid village kills and mislynches

As regards voting, certainly not all TRegan 3 votes only 2 for TRegan,

1st was a throwaway as we had no real information to go on so i voted with the missive that there could only be one Regan and he was in the Sweeny,
    2nd Was a genuine earlyish vote that turned into a train only to be derailed by vote rigging, so far no explanation or relatable theories.
    3rd Was for Vernon, I might have cast a 3rd vote for TRegan given the unexplained vote rigging but as there was a train for Vernon i saw little point in voting TRegan

As regards Wolf teams, possible if they had a lone wolf scenario where the majority wolfteam can't win if they don't kill the lone wolf

Glossary Lone Wolf You are a werewolf, but you only win if you are the last wolf team member alive

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ok, here’s a little something I intended to post this morning at 9.59

Good morning folks, time for my reveal

I’m the thief- each night I get to borrow a power.

I’m afraid first outing didn’t go so well. I stole Wendy’s power- yeah I was the one who caused the Gabriel thing (sorry Gabriel if you’re watching). I thought based on how he was behaving he was a wolf but I got it wrong. It’s also why I thought Lucy and Wendy were linked, since I couldn’t figure why Wendy didn’t just use her power if she thought so strongly it was Lucy as a wolf

Next out I burgled ewan, based on a hint I thought he’d dropped. Ewan definitely has a peek so that bit is true. Is it broken? I’m not totally convinced- I put a peek in for Vernon with my stolen power and it came back bad so if it’s rand I got lucky. There’s a decent possibility however that it actually works, in which case ewan is likely evil

Finally last night I burgled frank, who had indicated on thread that he was the real seer. He isn’t a seer though, he takes people for counseling each night. Yet in spite of having one decent power he’s claiming another, and has survived so far (which I think is interesting ). In our therapy session frank was moderately lucid but evasive, basically I don’t actually trust him one inch. It’s interesting that his fakepeek posts last night coincide with when he was basically rumbled in counseling.

So possibilities; frank is a confirmed liar, I’d lynch there tonight. It’s unclear if he’s working with a real seer, or if that’s ewan, but for now I’d assume seer rolled bad since we were told we had one and no one is overly contesting franks claim

That’s all from my reveal

——-

I held off because frank was acting on thread and I wanted to see where that went. I also wanted another steal

That was Oisin. I can confirm, sort off the drunk vig. Except I’ve nothing about hitting someone else and I’ve nothing about being out of bullets

So summary

Frank: very different interaction in my eyes. He shut down when called as a wolf

Ewan has a peek not sure if drunk

Gab, that was me

Conor, 5050 vig, I have one of those now

So you didnt get your powers until day 2 ? (Gabriel lynch), why not day 1 ?

Also you voted Vernon on lynch 2 but changed the vote to Gabriel ?

Not sure what your saying about me at the end , are you suggesting I am a VIG ?

Ewan is an evil seer that gets told people are good or bad when he already knows it ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Two things I have in my head right now.

Tegan was saved with a vote move. How are we sure that they were not saved by a wolf?

Liam is now openly suggesting a strategy that will likely kill two villagers.

One of these two is getting my vote.

Liam might be a wolf. Might just be a ridiculous villager. Tegan was saved and we never established a good reason why.

Why am I off your radar?

Conor WW wrote: »

Ewan is an evil seer that gets told people are good or bad when he already knows it ?

If Ewan was evil, then confessing to be a broken seer would be a decent cop out to hide any real power.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    If Ewan was evil, then confessing to be a broken seer would be a decent cop out to hide any real power.

Forget that just read Doris and her robbing him

However

If Ewan was robbed why didn't he mention it?

I would love a super clear answer from Ewan here.

Frank says that Doris' thieving power was something he knew about and took away his power.

Ewan never mentioned this.

So, this conflict is something I feel Ewan needs to address and side with someone here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

This is what Doris said:
    Next out I burgled ewan, based on a hint I thought he’d dropped. Ewan definitely has a peek so that bit is true. Is it broken? I’m not totally convinced- I put a peek in for Vernon with my stolen power and it came back bad so if it’s rand I got lucky. There’s a decent possibility however that it actually works, in which case ewan is likely evil

Doris burgled Ewans power and peeked Vernon who was bad. What good is a power to Ewan, if hes bad, that tells him who is good or bad ? That makes absolutely no sense for a baddy, you might aswell have a power that you can use on yourself to tell you your own alignment.

• Advertisement

Didn't Frank say he was interrogated himself when he was robbed?

Advertisement