Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    This is what Doris said:

Doris burgled Ewans power and peeked Vernon who was bad. What good is a power to Ewan, if hes bad, that tells him who is good or bad ? That makes absolutely no sense for a baddy, you might aswell have a power that you can use on yourself to tell you your own alignment.

Ewans role is definitely suspect, that I agree, but Doris explanation doesnt make sense. . Why would a baddy have a power that tells them who is good or bad ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

This is what Doris said:

Doris burgled Ewans power and peeked Vernon who was bad. What good is a power to Ewan, if hes bad, that tells him who is good or bad ? That makes absolutely no sense for a baddy, you might aswell have a power that you can use on yourself to tell you your own alignment.

What if it's full seer rather than just alignment? Peeking for roles is a big plus also

Glossary Alpha wolf Has the ability to seer check x amount of times or (alternative version) has the ability to be Immune to Seer Views
    Glossary Bloodhound Werewolf version of Seer, 20% chance of a check failing and 40% chance of being told a random other role (works out at 52% chance of getting the correct role)

And going back to Abigail again . .

Your power from Jesus is that if somebody kills you they die with you . . Why would you announce that on thread ? As a villager, taking a wolf down is one of the best deaths you can have. It makes sense to reveal if you are about to be lynched or killed by a villager but you were in no danger at the time . .

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    What if it's full seer rather than just alignment? Peeking for roles is a big plus also

Glossary Alpha wolf Has the ability to seer check x amount of times or (alternative version) has the ability to be Immune to Seer Views
    Glossary Bloodhound Werewolf version of Seer, 20% chance of a check failing and 40% chance of being told a random other role (works out at 52% chance of getting the correct role)

But why didnt Doris say that ? Feels like a bit of an oversight . . If I am revealing or coming out I try to put as much information in a clear way as possible...

But why didnt Doris say that ? Feels like a bit of an oversight . . If I am revealing or coming out I try to put as much information in a clear way as possible...

Also, I am not loving the delay in responding to my questions . . No 1 day use of power ? Voting for Vernon and killing Gabriel ?

Clodagh answering for Doris is noteworthy if Doris shows up bad . .

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

There are a lot of questions to be answered!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    You have what now?

Gun and bullet?

Yep, 50/50 chance it hits its target. Need to give the order by end of cycle

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Lucy WW wrote:
    But why?

No idea. Mods.

Lucy WW wrote:
    Was there a task to complete to increase success odds?

Nope.
    Lucy WW wrote:
    Were the bullets ever 100%?

What do you mean. It was 50/50 they would be successful. On average 1.5 should have hit. 1 did. So that one was 100%

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Ewans role is definitely suspect, that I agree, but Doris explanation doesnt make sense. . Why would a baddy have a power that tells them who is good or bad ?

Because if powers were randed independently of allignement, there’d be every chance the seer could be evil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Also, I am not loving the delay in responding to my questions . . No 1 day use of power ? Voting for Vernon and killing Gabriel ?

Well in that case I'm gonna STFU and not offer any views on how the game mechanics might be in play.

Anyway voted Ewan

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Doris - you STEAL the power, so they can't use it while you have it, right?

Nope I copy the power. They still get it too so if I steal a seer peek for example there will be two perks that night. Not really sure why frank says he didn’t get tegan, that doesn’t align with my understanding

Eva WW wrote: »
    Because if powers were randed independently of allignement, there’d be every chance the seer could be evil.

What am I missing ?

Doris said Vernon showed up bad . .

If Ewan is bad, how does a power that tells him who is bad or good help him ?

In terms of allignment, the only people a wolf would surely not know is either the jester or another wolf team ?

But the extra wolf team doesnt add up, there is nothing concrete on a second team other then creating them to fit a narrative.

At best I dont find Doris wording of Ewans power ideal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yep, 50/50 chance it hits its target. Need to give the order by end of cycle

If it misses, does that it hit a random villager

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Well description of my powers seems mostly fine but I was told my shots would go stray. I only had 3 bullets and used them before last night, so not sure where Doris bullet came from.

To be fair on that bit I did get a T&P gif when I wondered about stealing a used up power so I dunno for sure

Nope I copy the power. They still get it too so if I steal a seer peek for example there will be two perks that night. Not really sure why frank says he didn’t get tegan, that doesn’t align with my understanding

Why are you ignoring my questions and answering everybody else?

That on its own is dodgy AF.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Can't Doris prove her claim by stealing someones powers and using them. You could steal my power and read my entire backroom for example, have Patrick confirm you.

Oh and Oisin I said I was off for a bit before you made your announcement

Ok so lads. Say i have a bullet; and not a 50/50 one. Who gets it?

So do not consider me having dissapeared based off something I didn't even read until now like you did below.

Ok so there is no bullet. That was BS to rattle some cages and see who disappeared from the thread or tried to lie low or deflect.

Namely; Isla, Frank, Emily, Liam, Patrick.

Orla and Lucy get a reprieve in my eyes for volunteering themselves.

In no way should a villager be saying kill me cos I'm sick of this cr@p or whatever way they phrase it. No matter what if they are good and die that does not help us especially with no voting data to back that up.

Your already dying with nobody having voted on that. Who put forward your name to Orla btw?

The name thief would imply taking a power not duplicating a power. But either way is there a power from a non drunk person you can copy then and use to prove you have it? No more poison please.

But Isla, knowing somebody has a power they say they have gives us no indication of their alignment. We knew what Vernons power was, he told us and he was a healer . .

Isla WW wrote: »
    Can't Doris prove her claim by stealing someones powers and using them. You could steal my power and read my entire backroom for example, have Patrick confirm you.

Oh and Oisin I said I was off for a bit before you made your announcement

So do not consider me having dissapeared based off something I didn't even read until now like you did below.

In no way should a villager be saying kill me cos I'm sick of this cr@p or whatever way they phrase it. No matter what if they are good and die that does not help us especially with no voting data to back that up.

Your already dying with nobody having voted on that. Who put forward your name to Orla btw?

Liam iirc

But Isla, knowing somebody has a power they say they have gives us no indication of their alignment. We knew what Vernons power was, he told us and he was a healer . .

I've been banging the power does not equal alignment drum so much this game I almost lost it a few times myself when reading catch up and seeing people talking about if powers would fit a baddie or goodie etc but I guess I was thinking it could verify his story somewhat.

He probably is who he says he is though. At least role wise.

Still a few left to not claim a role. No counter claims to any roles so far too

• Advertisement

Liam iirc

not a fan of a single person deciding your fate. I wasn't there at the time Orla was seeking village direction but that 1 persons say so would not make me kill someone. Though I guess maybe Orla thought you suss too.

So you didnt get your powers until day 2 ? (Gabriel lynch), why not day 1 ?

Also you voted Vernon on lynch 2 but changed the vote to Gabriel ?

Not sure what your saying about me at the end , are you suggesting I am a VIG ?

Ewan is an evil seer that gets told people are good or bad when he already knows it ?

1. Timing is why. I get it in the morning. First one was Monday 21st at 10

2. Correct, thought he was a wolf. Sorry gabs

3. Ahh typo, that should be ois, soz

4. Ewan I don’t know for sure. He at least is some sort of seer. If he’s drunk I got lucky on my peek because Vernon peeked bad and was bad. It’s also possible he’s faking drunk but that could go for either alignment. I’m afraid I just create different questions for now

I've been banging the power does not equal alignment drum so much this game I almost lost it a few times myself when reading catch up and seeing people talking about if powers would fit a baddie or goodie etc but I guess I was thinking it could verify his story somewhat.

He probably is who he says he is though. At least role wise.

Still a few left to not claim a role. No counter claims to any roles so far too

Biggest red flag for me is that it feels like Doris is stalling answering my questions to come up with an answer that gets me to back off . .

But this is my head right now . . And yesterday to be fair . .

tumblr_oszq3uyHj01v1fqrro1_400.gifv

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Forget that just read Doris and her robbing him

However

If Ewan was robbed why didn't he mention it?

I copy not steal so he may not have known

1. Timing is why. I get it in the morning. First one was Monday 21st at 10

2. Correct, thought he was a wolf. Sorry gabs

3. Ahh typo, that should be ois, soz

4. Ewan I don’t know for sure. He at least is some sort of seer. If he’s drunk I got lucky on my peek because Vernon peeked bad and was bad. It’s also possible he’s faking drunk but that could go for either alignment. I’m afraid I just create different questions for now

1. Did you not say Wendy was your first power use ? Gabriel Lynch was day 2, should that not mean you should of been able to manipulate lynch 1 ?

2. Doesnt answer the question why you voted for a wolf and killed a villager

3. Well that explains that at least

4. Hmmmm. . So you arent sure about your own thoughts now .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I copy not steal so he may not have known

So, as I see it.

You and Frank are telling a different version of events. Ewan is in a position to confirm one way or the other, really. And I do expect Ewan to make a commitment to that.

Doris, btw, did you name your character? Not role but character?

Is it a percentage chance that a drunk/broken seer is right each time? Could a power have been stolen and then returned the right answer?

Genuinely not blanking you but I can only do so much so quickly on my phone.

I don’t have all the answers. I came out because I thought I’ve enough new info to let people who have been able to get deeper into the game than me use it to get some more answers

Is it a percentage chance that a drunk/broken seer is right each time? Could a power have been stolen and then returned the right answer?

Yes. 50% by 50% by 50%. So 12.5% all shots land / all peeks are genuine.

• Advertisement

Ok well not to put words in anyones mouths, but if Doris has a shot, the plans mooted by people earlier for the bullet i faked that i had, should still apply.

Advertisement