Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I'm good if you pick me I'll peek Ewan and let you know if he's a goody or not. I'm 99% sure he's a baddy.

I don’t think he’s worth peeking. He’s a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning all.

I want Lucy peeked. I started the bandwagon that seems to be forming on her and I’d really like to know if I was wrong.

I can also see the merit of peeking one of the poisoned players though so would be happy with that too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Can some people have a read at this please? I have a theory and I’m
    Not sure if it’s better to share on thread or keep an eye out. If the theory is right then it could reveal a goody with a power or a baddy with a power. If I say nothing and I’m right and they are bad they will prob kill me and my theory dies with me.

Yesterday I would have expected a goodie to hold off a bit. Even if there was a suspicion it would have been prudent to wait till as late as possible.

On your theory, I dunno. Worst case would probably be you have a baddie and die before you can give the info. Revealing a key goodie wouldn’t be great either though

Wendy WW wrote: »

What leads you to this conclusion?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Ewan has basically no input until this morning when he pulls this stuff out...
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    While I was in the thread I couldn't see much going on. Steve maybe role hunting but felt villager tree shaking to me. After that I wasn't able to keep up with what was going on for my own reasons. Better to vote no lynch than lynch without doing the proper research with a jester in play.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I had a look back over Steves posts but i See Reading back nothing that would make me think anything other than tree shaking villager.

Interestingly Ewan comes out after Steve flips good with this... Very easy to say these things after someone has flipped. Especially when that person had voted for Ewan and mentioned they'd be staying on him...

Trying to make it look like you were buddies or something Ewan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Btw, I cant use the peek myself, I can only grant the wish to another player

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Killing me is a waste and will only backfire on the village.

Those killing me will be treated with suspension and contempt.

I will also get some revenge.

That makes me want to peek you even more tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Killing me is a waste and will only backfire on the village.

Those killing me will be treated with suspension and contempt.

I will also get some revenge.

Am I the only one who sees this as a potential slip by Lucy?

Why threaten revenge for a peek? Why talk about killing her unless she knows that peek will come back bad for her?

Henry WW wrote: »
    How?

I think open voting is less likely to be manipulated and information can be taken from it if we see people trying to sway a vote one way or the other. That's exactly what I'm suggesting peeking Lucy might give us.

up to potentially seven people with a backroom collaborating with the rest of us in the dark, and you think they couldn't manipulate a vote?

I agree, that there's info to be gained in that perspective, I'm just saying wolves have a lot more power to drive conversation or voting a certain way when they can communicate behind closed doors and all we see is what they want us to see.

Why are you convinced he's a wolf?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Btw, I cant use the peek myself, I can only grant the wish to another player

giphy.gif

I wish Desmond's peek was given to me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Interestingly Ewan comes out after Steve flips good with this... Very easy to say these things after someone has flipped. Especially when that person had voted for Ewan and mentioned they'd be staying on him...

No, I had to wait. I didn't know earlier.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Is this what needs to be done? If not me then Henry gets my vote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

The theory is that the wishmaster could only grant wishes to people who post a wish in bold on thread (one wish a day).
    Isla WW wrote: »
    I know roles/characters don't = good/bad but I still reckon Kenny is the Jester. Someone who has to die

Oh and wish granter

I wish to be given a gun with multiple bullets

So Im above would isla get one or multiple bullets? Since the amount is not defined it’s hard to say.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    I Wish for an evil seeking bullet

Anyway fresh account for me to dirty! Call me Paddy please, it's what my friends call me :)

Well it wasn’t an evil seeking bullet as Gertie was good but wouid a villager be evil to baddies? Meh, not convinced.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I don't know but
    I wish for a werewolf to be shot with a silver bullet

Again, this didn’t happen but sure I would imagine wishes prob had to be more for tools to catch wolves as opposed to just a wolf dieing.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Mod announcment: A shot has been fired.

Somebody was shot yesterday but it looks like the bullet didn’t kill until
    This morning, I think it was Gerties kill
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod Announcements

south-park-s17e09c01-previously-on-south-park-16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

Steve WW has been found dead, mostly eaten.

Gertrude WW has been shot dead in the street

Their souls still hang by a thread however.... for another hour

Derry WW and Liam WW have been poisoned.

One of these is fake, one of these is real.

They have until lynch to be cured, or....

giphy.gif

This concludes the mornings announcements.... for now

So that would hint that Isla got a gun with bullet(s) and shot Gertie.

I'm not saying hes not a wolf but this is fairly flimsy Wini, I did an ISO of Steve after he died and came to similar enough conclusions, does that make me a wolf too?
    I said in that ISO that I never understand who people look to who the munched person voted for and see that as proof of a wolf. A wolf doesn't munch who is suspicious of them, its too obvious. Also Steve was fumbling round in the dark as much as the rest of us, its D2 FFS, we know nothing!

Ewan might well be a wolf but I can't see enough to be going after him just yet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Ok guys here it is.
    The eagerly awaited South Park Jester & Wolf list:

Jester: Regan
    Wolf: Orla AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Lucy AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Ewan
    Wolf: Desmond
    Wolf: Senan - Still 50/50 on him but worth lynching anyway.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2927ccf2d7aef2a3e98e9a134e261b5ca3c5dae99b&rid=giphy.gif

Aww I got voted for something but if it is any help I haven't been given a role yet. From what I gather some roles are handed out days into the game

Is this what needs to be done? If not me then Henry gets my vote.

I believe the wish granter is already dead. Just need Des to choose someone now. Des wants to be absolved of it though and have more people suggest who he should pick (not themselves though ideally I think).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Am I the only one who sees this as a potential slip by Lucy?

Why threaten revenge for a peek? Why talk about killing her unless she knows that peek will come back bad for her?

Don't think it's a slip, but I don't like how she's aggressive in her threatening.

I'd like the peek because I don't think I've ever gotten to peak anyone :(

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying hes not a wolf but this is fairly flimsy Wini, I did an ISO of Steve after he died and came to similar enough conclusions, does that make me a wolf too?
    I said in that ISO that I never understand who people look to who the munched person voted for and see that as proof of a wolf. A wolf doesn't munch who is suspicious of them, its too obvious. Also Steve was fumbling round in the dark as much as the rest of us, its D2 FFS, we know nothing!

Ewan might well be a wolf but I can't see enough to be going after him just yet

My problem isn't that he potentially munched steve or that steve came across as fumbly.

My problem is that Ewan basically has zero intelligible input until after steve's death. Then he focuses on steve's posts, saying he could clearly see he was good. Doesn't mention that he was steve's target. It seems very off to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

up to potentially seven people with a backroom collaborating with the rest of us in the dark, and you think they couldn't manipulate a vote?

I agree, that there's info to be gained in that perspective, I'm just saying wolves have a lot more power to drive conversation or voting a certain way when they can communicate behind closed doors and all we see is what they want us to see.

I just don't agree - I think having a vote is better than just giving it to someone who could potentially be a wolf.

Des has said that he doesn't want to choose himself.

In fact, I think we should choose one of the poisoned players to do the peek. If they're potentially going to die this evening anyway, we could get their alignment and know whether or not they're telling the truth.

I just don't agree - I think having a vote is better than just giving it to someone who could potentially be a wolf.

In fact, I think we should choose one of the poisoned players to do the peek. If they're potentially going to die this evening anyway, we could get their alignment and know whether or not they're telling the truth.

Oh thats a good idea, I like that!

Conor WW wrote: »
    The theory is that the wishmaster could only grant wishes to people who post a wish in bold on thread (one wish a day).

So Im above would isla get one or multiple bullets? Since the amount is not defined it’s hard to say.

Well it wasn’t an evil seeking bullet as Gertie was good but wouid a villager be evil to baddies? Meh, not convinced.

Again, this didn’t happen but sure I would imagine wishes prob had to be more for tools to catch wolves as opposed to just a wolf dieing.

Somebody was shot yesterday but it looks like the bullet didn’t kill until
    This morning, I think it was Gerties kill

So that would hint that Isla got a gun with bullet(s) and shot Gertie.

If I got a gun ironically Steve would have been the one I'd have shot. I thought him Jester which was the only reason I didn't vote for him. Shoot him yes, lynch him no. Plus going by your quotes above I would either have more bullets or have killed a baddie as my wish specified.

I was wrong though and he could grant wishes. I also encouraged your theory so I can't blame you here but someone (not me) did shoot him. My guess though given everyone has a role is just someone could shoot someone as part of their role. Would be surprised with so many roles if nobody got such a power

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Just in case Desmond has an actual theory about this repeated wishes thing:

I wish that Steve was brought back to life.

In for a penny in for a pound.

I wish that Steve was brought back to life.

Are you working on the assumption the poison is a good or bad power?

• Advertisement

Fair enough. The more village input, and the more discussion and information we get out on the thread the better.

I can see a reason to target a poisonee, but one of them is going to die anyway it seems, so not sure what we really get out of it, ahead of any other person?

Now it is a 50/50 chance whether they are poisoned or not but still a solid choice

Are you working on the assumption the poison is a good or bad power?

Does it matter for this purpose?

Aren't they 2 of the more innactive players though?

Otherwise this is a very good idea

That’s actually a really good idea

• Advertisement

Also how is it good for us to know a dead persons alignment, we are basically confirming what mods are telling us when the person dies anyway. Or am I making an arse of reading what your saying

Fair enough. The more village input, and the more discussion and information we get out on the thread the better.

I can see a reason to target a poisonee, but one of them is going to die anyway it seems, so not sure what we really get out of it, ahead of any other person?

I'm saying we choose a poisoned person to do the peeking. We get a 50% chance of knowing their alignment tonight, so knowing if the peek was true.

It means that if we pick say Liam, then he peeks someone, if Liam dies we'll know for definite if he was good and can therefore definitely believe his peek

Also how is it good for us to know a dead persons alignment, we are basically confirming what mods are telling us when the person dies anyway. Or am I making an arse of reading what your saying

Scratch that, I get you, choose one of the two posoined players to make the peek. Good shout

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

If I got a gun ironically Steve would have been the one I'd have shot. I thought him Jester which was the only reason I didn't vote for him. Shoot him yes, lynch him no. Plus going by your quotes above I would either have more bullets or have killed a baddie as my wish specified.

I was wrong though and he could grant wishes. I also encouraged your theory so I can't blame you here but someone (not me) did shoot him. My guess though given everyone has a role is just someone could shoot someone as part of their role. Would be surprised with so many roles if nobody got such a power

This is wrong, Steve was munched, Gertie was shot.

Having read back I wouldn't have put Steve as the Jester - I actually think it could be Orla / Lucy and they are rowing with the other person in order for the other person to form a bandwagon for lynch.

Yeah, but if they'll agree to peek we at least have a potential alignment confirmation tonight from mods.

I'm saying we choose a poisoned person to do the peeking. We get a 50% chance of knowing their alignment tonight, so knowing if the peek was true.

gotcha. But like someone else said. They're two of the most inactive players, it could be a wasted peek power if they don't show up to use it before they kick the bucket

Who has more posts between the two?

I’m on board with getting one of the poisoned players to do the peeking.

Liam hasn't been seen since this time yesterday, Derry was around here half an hour ago

I say whoever turns up first we give them the peek

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Lean good for them makes sense. 100% do not clear them on that though but I've no reason to suspect them atm

After reading back on the thread, which seemed to kick it up a notch post after a slower weekend...

Steve and Gertie shot. an hour to be saved?
    Derry/Liam poisoned

Henry quick to positively explain the poison targets... did he do it?

Eva then explains the wolves choice of Steve - focus on the steve wagon. Except I think they were going for Steve hoping to hit the Jester / thinking he would not be ressurected so the village could see who he was. Wolfy Gut feeling on Eva here

FFS ultimate power granter... And Satan & Scott Tenorman being good! ha

Don't think the Cartman hunter is neccesarily leading to Cartman (not me) being bad though as roles / characters don't = good/bad. The Devil was good too. Character wise

In my first post I questioned if the recent Hudra test would indicate the mods were going to do such a role in this game so I can see where the Orla/Lucy stuff originated but unless they both have access to both their accounts that is surely out the window as we have the same number of players sign up as accounts. Actually makes me slightly lean village on them as wolf team mates would probably tell them not to act the maggot like that behind closed doors.

I'm confused by Clodagh's

After the Catman Hunter has already been killed

It's a quote from the WW glossary, Android and boards touch doesn't make it easy to do quotes and things.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057997306/1/#post111505156.
    Hope that clears your confusion :)

I think they want the poisoned person to do the peek, not be peeked

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I've no problem carrying out the peek. If I had to chose who to peek it would be Orla / Lucy to see if there was anything in yesterdays spat.

Derry WW wrote: »
    I've no problem carrying out the peek. If I had to chose who to peek it would be Orla / Lucy to see if there was anything in yesterdays spat.

Are you good though?

I’m happy to be peeked

Will you be available for the next hour or so Derry?

Just so the mods have a chance to communicate the peek result back etc?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Ok so one of the poisoned guys, but they need to be online today.

Oh, one problem with this plan actually. If poison is a wolf power, could a wolf fake poison another wolf?

This is wrong, Steve was munched, Gertie was shot.

Having read back I wouldn't have put Steve as the Jester - I actually think it could be Orla / Lucy and they are rowing with the other person in order for the other person to form a bandwagon for lynch.

With retrospect and knowing Steve's actual role the next most jestery would probably be those two so it makes sense the peek is on Lucy. Gotta pick someone we trust though cos they could just say they peeked Lucy but actually peek someone else then lie easily.

If one of the two poisoned become active I'd go with them. Actually like Henry a it more for suggesting it. If they don't I'd go for him or Patrick

• Advertisement

Are you good though?

Thats the whole point, we've a 50% chance of finding out tonite if he dies from his poison

Advertisement