Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Oh, one problem with this plan actually. If poison is a wolf power, could a wolf fake poison another wolf?

Even if it's good, the poisoner could have poisoned a wolf.

But if Derry dies tonight we know his alignment. It's not fool-proof but it gives us some chance of putting faith in the peek.

I can't see a foolproof plan of trusting the peek.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Oh thats a good idea, I like that!

Wasn't it a good idea when I had it oh an hour ago? A bit pockety there new boy :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Good afternoon all. Activity has picked up this morning anyway.

Here’s what I have surmised from a read through.

Not a good start for us with Steve and Gertie. Did anyone’s wish come true yesterday?

Gabriel & Senan…….you’re a wolf…..no you’re a wolf. Reads to me like a bit of acting seeing as it went on for so long.

Wendy is being Wendy. Whilst I really like to the finger pointing is there any logic/reasoning to your claims other than “well they are a wolf”?

Dessie. Pick who you feel most confident about and just go for it. Absolutely no point in having a vote on thread to decide. Give a load of hiding places and might also confuse things for tonights FFAs.

Conor…..This theory is the wolfiest thing I have seen yet. It just stinks of a set up for something later on. Say it or don’t

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Is it worth peeking one of the poison victims? If they are bad then no cure

Peek is similar to seer though, so would be overnight surely? In which case they are dead before reveal.

From glossary:

Seer Each night pick a player to reveal their role, can also train apprentice

Poisoner you have access to Poison and Fake Poison. Players you target with this action will have their poisoned status announced at the beginning of the following Day. Poisoned players will die if they are not healed by the end of the Day, but Fake Poisoned players will survive either way.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Are you good though?

I am.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Will you be available for the next hour or so Derry?

Just so the mods have a chance to communicate the peek result back etc?

Yea I will be here
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Oh, one problem with this plan actually. If poison is a wolf power, could a wolf fake poison another wolf?

I don't see why not?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    With retrospect and knowing Steve's actual role the next most jestery would probably be those two so it makes sense the peek is on Lucy. Gotta pick someone we trust though cos they could just say they peeked Lucy but actually peek someone else then lie easily.

If one of the two poisoned become active I'd go with them. Actually like Henry a it more for suggesting it. If they don't I'd go for him or Patrick

I can see Henry, village lean for me too but why Patrick?
    For me I haven't noticed him, a bit meh, so why is he second on ur trusted list?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

O no ive fallen and i cant get up.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Peek is similar to seer though, so would be overnight surely? In which case they are dead before reveal.

From glossary:

Seer Each night pick a player to reveal their role, can also train apprentice

Poisoner you have access to Poison and Fake Poison. Players you target with this action will have their poisoned status announced at the beginning of the following Day. Poisoned players will die if they are not healed by the end of the Day, but Fake Poisoned players will survive either way.

Seer tends to get a full role info. Alignment peek can be different. We don't know though either way.

Wasn't it a good idea when I had it oh an hour ago? A bit pockety there new boy :p

When did you suggest giving the peek to one of the poisoned lads?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Is evryone happy with derry?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Liam WW wrote: »

Not sure what this means but you have also been poisoned and may have a peek if you stick around.

Hows things Liamo?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Emily WW wrote: »

Conor…..This theory is the wolfiest thing I have seen yet. It just stinks of a set up for something later on. Say it or don’t

Care to elaborate? Unless calling it wolfy and suggesting it stinks is the meat of your argument? You make me sound like a Bond villain devising an overly elaborate plot to kill a goody...:pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

go for it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

What?

Hah? Poisoned and injured?

Genie much BTW??

Ok so one of the poisoned guys, but they need to be online today.

Do you know for sure that results of the peek will come back today?

Like this?

giphy.gif

Ha completely missed Derry being back and just spotted Liam. Fine with either.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Not sure what this means but you have also been poisoned and may have a peek if you stick around.

Hows things Liamo?

It means ive been poisoned well 50 50 and im catching up now

Only if he will actually get to use it.

• Advertisement

More happy with Derry than Liam now this falling down stuff has started

Why do you know something I don't?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

He's here and active, so yeah why not

Hah? Poisoned and injured?

Genie much BTW??

No offence but genie might be one of the sillier terms people have ever come up with here, people assigning patterns to random actions but hey ho

Derry WW wrote: »
    Why do you know something I don't?

No. My point is the opposite...we don't know if you've been fake poisoned or real poisoned. We also don't know when the results of this peek will be given. If you are real poisoned and die before the results it's a wasted peek.

Do you know for sure that results of the peek will come back today?

Just in case this is missed.

No offence but genie might be one of the sillier terms people have ever come up with here, people assigning patterns to random actions but hey ho

You haven't been seen in a day but you've a 50/50 chance of being picked to get a peek and you show up?

Stupid term or not that is suss behaviour

I'm happy with either - I think this is the best chance we've got.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? Unless calling it wolfy and suggesting it stinks is the meat of your argument? You make me sound like a Bond villain devising an overly elaborate plot to kill a goody...:pac:

So it just struck me straight away as if it was the beginning of a long game that you might be playing. So you say you have a theory, don't elaborate yourself (funnily enough) which means you can change it to suit whichever way the game goes.

Say it or don't because floating it out there is silly in my opinion.

If you are good you have dangled yourself out there.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

My thinking would be that as it’s a gifted peek rather than a seer peek the result should be given quickly.

True.

Do you have a timeline on your peek coming back Desmond?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I reckon this bit depends on whether it is a use it to lose it power. If they lose the kill by not using it then most people would use it in the hope of finding the wolves / jester.

I'd go along with this, if you had a single shot that had to be used then use it, if shooter was wolf they get a free villager kill or jester, if shooter was villager then with no clues a random shooting with a chance of a wolf or jester.

Go for it Dessie. Better not to delay things and do it while they are online, get a result earlier so we can have time for FFAs or whatever later as the discussion

No. My point is the opposite...we don't know if you've been fake poisoned or real poisoned. We also don't know when the results of this peek will be given. If you are real poisoned and die before the results it's a wasted peek.

I get ya. Dessie - do you now if the result will be instant?

I have just asked the mods, should be activated asap

• Advertisement

You haven't been seen in a day but you've a 50/50 chance of being picked to get a peek and you show up?

Stupid term or not that is suss behaviour

Is it? Ive no control over the posion and i wasnt really around, again its just normal behaviour for me but if you think its suss more power to you

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I'm not massively sold on the Derry plan. I'd rather we get info on someone who isn't possibly about to be removed from the game. I do get the theory, but in practice, I'd rather we clear or doom someone who can help long term.

If Derry peeks someone good, he and that person are probably dead by tomorrow morning anyway :/

I have just asked the mods, should be activated asap

Grand so, Derry it up there Des :)

Ok Derry, you need to post in bold, "I wish for a peek on xxx" where xxx is your player of choice. Good luck

Have we decided who? Do I do it on thread and the mods reveal on thread?

• Advertisement

Que Derry dissapearig now :pac:

Post it on thread, I will ask mods to grant it, I guess the answer will be pmd to you.

Nope still here, waiting on consensus but I do have a meeting at 1.30

Emily WW wrote: »
    So it just struck me straight away as if it was the beginning of a long game that you might be playing. So you say you have a theory, don't elaborate yourself (funnily enough) which means you can change it to suit whichever way the game goes.

Say it or don't because floating it out there is silly in my opinion.

If you are good you have dangled yourself out there.

In fairness he did, basic jist was that Isla had won a bullet with a wish from Steve yesterday and shot it immediately causing Gertie's death this morning

Not sure I agree with it as a theory

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Have we decided who? Do I do it on thread and the mods reveal on thread?

Lucy seems to be the most popular choice

I vote to peek lucy for lynch vote info.

Nope still here, waiting on consensus but I do have a meeting at 1.30

I believe it was Lucy. Clear up her and Orla / potential Jester / I think she may have slipped early threatening a revenge kill for being peeked

Ok so will I go for Lucy to give the mods time to get back to me before my meeting?

Ok ive not really been following but Lucy looked like someone who wanted to be lynched yesterday why are we peeking her

Ok ive not really been following but Lucy looked like someone who wanted to be lynched yesterday why are we peeking her

Because the jester would want to be lynched

• Advertisement
Advertisement