Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    You see if you were good I think you would directly answer what was asked there. I currently think your acting far more like a baddie having fun as you go out and trying one last play instead.

But that was a question to Doris, anyways I'm going for a power nap before work, good luck have some flowers for both our funerals

monkshood1.jpg?t=1256969946

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

In a game where everyone has a role and we were told that when signing up I'm surprised the wolves having roles is a revelation for you Conor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I already stole (copied) your power yesterday. Regardless of whether you’re good or bad you’re a key part of my plan right now cause at 9.59 tomorrow (game time) I intend giving you a choice: I think based on your power that you’re good though, albeit I only figured that out this morning

If you're lynched, you wont be around to make a plan.

If you are going to out me anyway, I may as well tell the village my role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

In a game where everyone has a role and we were told that when signing up I'm surprised the wolves having roles is a revelation for you Conor.

Wasn't part of the theory of the size of the wolf team that they wouldn't have powers ?

This game feels like it started 2 months ago, so I will forgive myself for forgetting a few things . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware I "might" have been blocked.

24/10 23.06 Peek Tegan 23.11 changed to Peek Liam returned 10.08 You were unable to view your target

Ah here, Clodagh, that's changing your story now.

You said earlier that Liam peeked good. Now you're saying you weren't able to peek him?

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    I already stole (copied) your power yesterday. Regardless of whether you’re good or bad you’re a key part of my plan right now cause at 9.59 tomorrow (game time) I intend giving you a choice: I think based on your power that you’re good though, albeit I only figured that out this morning

Why do you expect to be alive then? Majority voting and you currently have a decent lead.

Also this I dunno what to call it, potential blackmailing? does not seem very villagery

Why? it was answered. Only Doris claims to have stolen from you. Tegan says she did not block you.

What is your new move? what is important about this?

As I said I'm going to bed but if Doris stole today then I was prevented on 24/10 from Peeking Liam, The only 2 so far are Tegan and Doris who ever doesn't match the timeline is suss.

Isla, re: your question.

Its really a personal choice for you. It's basically, do you think Patrick could be evil? If so, it's using your explosives in a manner that minimizes the risk of who you take with you (since you're taking two people who are dead anyway).

If you trust him, wait and see what happens with Clo. If you don't, detonate now to minimize casualties. I'll be honest, I don't believe Clo at all, and Patrick was further down my list of worries. But what you're suggesting takes out you, Doris and Clo, who are three of my biggest concerns right now, so I'd happily see those questions answered.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Wasn't part of the theory of the size of the wolf team that they wouldn't have powers ?

This game feels like it started 2 months ago, so I will forgive myself for forgetting a few things . .

Maybe part of your theory. I keep repeating I think the remaining wolves are in the Clodagh, Doris, Patrick mess

if Clodagh is bad, Doris who seems to be backing her up would most likely also be bad and we would have 8 wolves and 1 Jester which is more than enough baddies imo and far more than I expected at the start of the game.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Ah here, Clodagh, that's changing your story now.

You said earlier that Liam peeked good. Now you're saying you weren't able to peek him?

Believe what you want I'm dead, I'm out of here, lynch Patrick is a definite either tonight or tomorrow. So get your blast proofs on because 2 more have to die along with him.

Actually as im dead you should all lynch me then at least you might have one more villager to play with

• Advertisement

Believe what you want I'm dead, I'm out of here, lynch Patrick is a definite either tonight or tomorrow. So get your blast proofs on because 2 more have to die along with him.

Actually as im dead you should all lynch me then at least you might have one more villager to play with

Haha, now you're trying to save Doris too?

Maybe part of your theory. I keep repeating I think the remaining wolves are in the Clodagh, Doris, Patrick mess

if Clodagh is bad, Doris who seems to be backing her up would most likely also be bad and we would have 8 wolves and 1 Jester which is more than enough baddies imo and far more than I expected at the start of the game.

Definitely Patrick and the only way to prove it is to lynch me now soi that you have an extra body to pick from tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Just realized we can work out that all wolves thus far have had powers or roles.. I am a fuppin eejit . .

Derry Big Gay Al - Harlot
    Senan Jimmy Valmer - Steroid User
    Vernon Mr. Slave - Healer
    Ewan
    Officer Barbrady - The Fool Seer
    (how is that role anyway helpful to wolves ?)
    Oison Jimbo Kern - Drunk vigilante (equally useless to wolves ?)
    Emily Starvin Marvin - The Scapegoat 

Anything we can get from the roles ?

So wolves did have powers and roles. I am inclined to think that maybe there arent 10 wolves with these sorts of powers so we could be closer to finishing them off then I thought . .

Half the wolf roles are hindering them to an extent.

Im guessing baddies total. 1 jester, 9 wolves

Its not very villager to ask the village to waste a lynch on someone already doomed.

Clo, if you're the seer, who are your other wolves? Don't just focus on Patrick, who else are you worried about? If you're good, throw up read lists or something.

If Patrick is the last wolf, it won't matter if he detonates everyone else, cause the numbers are still there for a village win, right? if he's not the last, show you're a villager by saying who else worries you?

Haha, now you're trying to save Doris too?

Not really, trying to give you an extra body to play with when you lynch patrick

Isla, re: your question.

Its really a personal choice for you. It's basically, do you think Patrick could be evil? If so, it's using your explosives in a manner that minimizes the risk of who you take with you (since you're taking two people who are dead anyway).

If you trust him, wait and see what happens with Clo. If you don't, detonate now to minimize casualties. I'll be honest, I don't believe Clo at all, and Patrick was further down my list of worries. But what you're suggesting takes out you, Doris and Clo, who are three of my biggest concerns right now, so I'd happily see those questions answered.

I don't use my explosives before one of our deaths have been ordered so it isn't as simple as you seem to suggest. There is a reason I needed to float the idea here and see if anyone (who I don't suspect is a wolf) would respond but it seems most are happy to not give their opinion on if removing the 4 of us is best.

I think I will be voting soon enough. Doesn't seem like any of the main characters are going to change their tune atm

Not really, trying to give you an extra body to play with when you lynch patrick

So you think Doris is good?

Its not very villager to ask the village to waste a lynch on someone already doomed.

Clo, if you're the seer, who are your other wolves? Don't just focus on Patrick, who else are you worried about? If you're good, throw up read lists or something.

If Patrick is the last wolf, it won't matter if he detonates everyone else, cause the numbers are still there for a village win, right? if he's not the last, show you're a villager by saying who else worries you?

You've seen my peeks only one is a wolf and as I said I'm fed up trying to convince you. I'm dead I'm out of here I've recast my vote on myself so we can get to the truth and have an extra body still alive for Isla to pick from when Patrick gets lynched

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Thats actually not a bad idea . . We lynch you and we find out if you are right about Patrick/Isla. . . But if you are bad we have wasted one munch, I presume then baddies take out Isla/Patrick at next munch, but at least we didnt do that for them ?

What are the downsides to this ? I suppose Doris gets a stay of execution but if shes good, thats good.

By the way did anybody look at the votes from the perspective of the Scapegoat ? If I understand the role right (I am only copping it now why people were talking about Harlots and scapegoats) then if there was any tied vote this wolf would die ?!

• Advertisement

I don't use my explosives before one of our deaths have been ordered so it isn't as simple as you seem to suggest. There is a reason I needed to float the idea here and see if anyone (who I don't suspect is a wolf) would respond but it seems most are happy to not give their opinion on if removing the 4 of us is best.

I think I will be voting soon enough. Doesn't seem like any of the main characters are going to change their tune atm

I'm sad that i'm not included in the people you don't think is a wolf

So you think Doris is good?

No I think she's an extra body to play with when the bomb goes off and Isla has to pick someone, she could pick Doris or whomever you all think should die along with her.

Goodnight All

Henry WW wrote: »
    I'm sad that i'm not included in the people you don't think is a wolf

:confused:

Well I wanted more than 1 response. Killing myself, my lover and two potential wolves is not something someone does or doesn't do based off one persons say so Henry.

I keep repeating that I think the final wolves are Clodagh and Doris (Patrick if I'm wrong) so I clearly don't currently think you are a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    If you're lynched, you wont be around to make a plan.

If you are going to out me anyway, I may as well tell the village my role.

Jesus Christ if anyone doesn't know your role at this stage they should be lynched, deductive reasoning isn't all that difficult

No I think she's an extra body to play with when the bomb goes off and Isla has to pick someone, she could pick Doris or whomever you all think should die along with her.

Goodnight All

You're dead anyway.

You're a villager, by your own claims. And you're telling the village not to lynch Doris, who is favorite to be lynched.

You're advocating for Doris. The only reason to throw away our lynch on you is if you think Doris isn't a wolf.

Clodagh, if you're good, the fact is that other than Patrick, you're giving us zero reads on anyone. That's only something that benefits the wolves tbh. Wolves stay quiet, because the more info they give, the easier it is to link them to others.

You're trying to shut down the village.

Do you want to take another stab at the "Why did you say Liam peeked good, if you never got a result for him" question?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

So I checked it out

If I did not submit, one would have been randed for me. Its possible then that Doris was randed for me, but because Tegan blocked her, she didn't come to me.

Or something else like that. But yes, if there was no funny business in play, someone should have been chatting away to themselves in my counsel chambers for me to discover this morning

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Jesus Christ if anyone doesn't know your role at this stage they should be lynched, deductive reasoning isn't all that difficult

giphy.gif

Thats actually not a bad idea . . We lynch you and we find out if you are right about Patrick/Isla. . . But if you are bad we have wasted one munch, I presume then baddies take out Isla/Patrick at next munch, but at least we didnt do that for them ?

What are the downsides to this ? I suppose Doris gets a stay of execution but if shes good, thats good.

By the way did anybody look at the votes from the perspective of the Scapegoat ? If I understand the role right (I am only copping it now why people were talking about Harlots and scapegoats) then if there was any tied vote this wolf would die ?!

Last time I'm coming back to the thread with any kind of thoughts but if this turns out to be the scenario.

If you don't lynch Patrick then if Isla is good they munch her one of them dies, because they know that the game is up when I flip and Patrick blows up a villager.

Means you have at least 3 wolves left 1 to sacrifice, Patrick and A.N.Other

Patrick WW wrote: »

Mean. :(

• Advertisement

:confused:

Well I wanted more than 1 response. Killing myself, my lover and two potential wolves is not something someone does or doesn't do based off one persons say so Henry.

I keep repeating that I think the final wolves are Clodagh and Doris (Patrick if I'm wrong) so I clearly don't currently think you are a wolf.

I was joking.

At this stage I think we should trigger lynch so we can all just move on.:(

Advertisement