Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Because we need more information. My original Idea had been to confirm you as good or bad and hopefully we’d have a seer with useful info in play and, if the wolves picked wrong a bodyguard to protect that. Poison scuppered that. Now we have to use your flip and if good try to build as big a core as possible. Given if you’re good the lovers self resolve that narrows the pool of choices a bit. I have a placeholder in but tbh I’d also prefer the village to indicate where they want that peek to go.

Well my next two peeks depending on munchies and lunches and Patrick being good would have been Isla to clear the room, no need to peek Isla now as she is going to die with Patrick and Tegan on the vote shenannigans but I think you or someone fessed up to that.

I'd likely have peeked Emily or Eva.

Would Henry's power have helped solve the Derry/Abigail equation? If so then probably village peek would confirm

However given that my power dies with me and I die at the latest next munch then I don't think you'll get a result anyway.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Clo does it make a difference if we know who you peek beforehand?

What you mean?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    What you mean?

If someone knows they are being peeked does it affect your reading of them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Well my next two peeks depending on munchies and lunches and Patrick being good would have been Isla to clear the room, no need to peek Isla now as she is going to die with Patrick and Tegan on the vote shenannigans but I think you or someone fessed up to that.

I'd likely have peeked Emily or Eva.

Would Henry's power have helped solve the Derry/Abigail equation? If so then probably village peek would confirm

However given that my power dies with me and I die at the latest next munch then I don't think you'll get a result anyway.

Ive been told i have the peek now so I’m pretty comfortable it will work whether or not you’re here.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I wasn't blocked from my backroom.

I used my power on myself yesterday (sorry all, but I was the only one I knew was village) and wasn't told that it didn't work.

Having said that, i'm not sure I'd be told if I was unsuccessful in my protect.
    If Doris gives a breakdown of who she used her powers on, I'll check against my own use.

Was there any correlation?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

So what im getting from Doris and Henrys love in, is they are both wolves and have found the perfect way to make sure they coast to end game ?

If someone knows they are being peeked does it affect your reading of them

Not that I know of, there are roles though that would return good though even if evil such as Alpha Wolf. So i suppose you could call into doubt my calls on Lucy and Abigail but how much doubt can you play with, Patrick isn't in doubt at all unless the mods have another trick to play.

And just as a thought to the mods in case they've forgotten I could be a ghost even if its just so I can say "Told you so!"

Glossary
    Ghost A player with the Ghost role can continue to post in a game thread for two full phases after their death

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    So what im getting from Doris and Henrys love in, is they are both wolves and have found the perfect way to make sure they coast to end game ?

Does a Henry wolf with a protect against night actions let all their buddies be poisoned while they still are hidden?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Does a Henry wolf with a protect against night actions let all their buddies be poisoned while they still are hidden?

If they have to put in their option to use their power before 10am each morning don’t they have to know the target? Did Orla telegraph her chosen options on thread? (She may have to be fair)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Sorry, been away all evening and just going to bed now. A couple of things :

1. Much as I'd love to be cleared, I dont think my night time power blocker could stop a poison as it's a day power.
    2. I think explaining away the tegan/doris inconsistency has just made me more indecisive as both or neither or either could be evil now.

Will check what they said about using powers versus my power in the morning.

Doris, can you explain when you got a peek using ewans power and if it was next cycle, same as clodaghs?

Doris - is your power a day or night power? Seemed to work same night on Frank but again, I need to check and need sleep first.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    IF Clo is good (and I really don't think she is)…..

She clears Lucy and Liam, yeah? Dooms Patrick. Isla dies, along with two others, right? Is there any point peeking Isla at that point? Patrick has to die, so Isla is self resolving?

So that leaves....me, Brendan, Tegan, Henry, Connor, Angus, yeah? Who am I missing?

Obviously omitting you cause you're not peeking yourself.

Is Liam not dead? Don't have my spreadsheet.

You're missing Phil though. With 10k posts I've little impression made with Phil.

I'll try check on his posts in morning after I check my power v tegan and doris, and look at vote's if I get time.

Frank WW wrote: »

Not a wolf, and I don't think doris' reveal clears me (sadly) or her.

The only reveal that gives the village any confirmation of anything is mine.

You just won't or don't want to accept that fact

Conor WW wrote: »
    At the risk of ruining what is looking like a really great bonding time for the village, what is going on?

So Patrick (a wolf if clodagh is right) said it was obvious who Henry was?!. Now Doris is confirming what power Henry is and it proves Tegan is bad cause of something something .

And Henry is good cause he could of stopped any evil from poison? Is poison not a daytime power ?

Does the person who gets stung by Doris get notification that Doris is taking their power?

Doesn't prove anything about anyone's alignment. I think you're right on the poison.

I didn't get a notification of doris anyway.

The only reveal that gives the village any confirmation of anything is mine.

You just won't or don't want to accept that fact

I accept it. If you're going to be dead anyway though, why waste a lynch? Why should the village not try and lynch a wolf?

@Henry
    Just curious did you have a protect on someone the morning Abigail and Derry died together?

I would have had a project on someone. Need to check who.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I accept it. If you're going to be dead anyway though, why waste a lynch? Why should the village not try and lynch a wolf?

If you've a firm suspicion on one then yeah go ahead, but if you haven't and you risk losing another villager then you need to do the math of how you deal with potentially losing 3 villagers after my reveal plus who ever you lynch.

It's time to think 2 moves ahead because my reveal is coming like it or not and you will be dealing with Patrick.

And just as a thought to the mods in case they've forgotten I could be a ghost even if its just so I can say "Told you so!"

Glossary
    Ghost A player with the Ghost role can continue to post in a game thread for two full phases after their death

There I was having a nice sleep and this thought enters my head and it was such a great dream. Why does Clodagh need to tell the mods this? Is she trying to telegraph something?

According to Glossary it hasn't been used before in Boards.ie but that doesn't mean it wont be. I would though presume the mods know and why apart from typing I told you so. would Clodagh need to be a ghost?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Abigail WW Munched and resurrected,
    Brendan WW Claims Tweek Neihgbor of Craig/Eva
    Conor WW Claims vote rigger
    Doris WW Claims Thief
    Eva WW Claims Craig Neigbor of Tweek/Brendan
    Frank WW Claims Interrogator
    Henry WW Claims night action protect
    Isla WW Twinned WITH Patrick Kill one Kill the Other plus self plus a.n.other
    Lucy WW Gone and back but so far not forgotten because we don't know Spoiler: REDACTED
    Patrick WW Twinned WITH Isla Kill one Kill the Other plus self plus a.n.other
    Phil WW ????
    Regan WW BR Blocker

12 players left. So far 6 dead wolves & 1 dead Jester from 32 sign ups. Which is why I'm only expecting 1 or 2 wolves left at most

Been working it out and imo in the worst case scenario meaning both Doris (lynched) and Clodagh (poisoned) were good, unless we have 3 wolves left (which would have meant 10 bad out of 32 signups, which seems too much to me) and therefore I'm working off at most 2 bad. The Village would be left in a 8 vs 2 at which point the wolves would munch and bring us down to 7 vs 2. If they chose to kill me off it could go down even further but in a worst case scenario Clodagh is good so Pat is bad and that would kill him with me moving them down to 1 or end it if Pat was alone.

I'm ok with the potential of around 5 villagers vs 1 wolf in a worst case scenario where I have to die tbh
    or 7 vs 2 where I'm alive for a lynch (where after Clodaghs flip we would have to be able to at least temp change it to 6 vs 1 till I also die), as If I am not the one of us killed I can help to direct the explosive lovers explosion

So numbers wise I think the village are okay even if both Clodagh (dying anyway and we will know more after) and Doris are actually good. As long as that is the case I'd prefer to take a chance of making it to the end and not voting for Patrick, sticking on Doris and hoping majority is reached today. If wrong I am happy to be killed at lynch tomorrow via my BR buddy but hope you target my lover not me as then at least I can influence things as a goodie at the end.

There I was having a nice sleep and this thought enters my head and it was such a great dream. Why does Clodagh need to tell the mods this? Is she trying to telegraph something?

According to Glossary it hasn't been used before in Boards.ie but that doesn't mean it wont be. I would though presume the mods know and why apart from typing I told you so. would Clodagh need to be a ghost?

That is weird phrasing alright

"a thought to the mods in case they've forgotten"

Somehow I doubt the mods would have forgotten if they gave someone a ghost role though. Sure if Clodagh thought they did for some weird reason she could say it in her BR. However unless she is lying about her role being Seer (which Doris has backed up) then I doubt she would also be a ghost. Haven't seen anyone else with a 2nd role.

• Advertisement

CLodagh says Emily is alive
    Is that to do with this role which also hasn't been used

Universal Backup Backup will allow you to inherit the powers of a dead player of the same alignment once in the game. You will inherit all of their abilities and modifiers. You will not inherit their chat access or player groupings (e.g. Masons). You will not inherit the original, unaltered versions of your modifiers. If your target has limited shots, the shots they used will already be used in your inherited role. Can be either alignment and hasn't been used in boards before

Am probably way off just these were bothering me

So Clodagh any chance you can elaborate?

Universal Backup Backup will allow you to inherit the powers of a dead player of the same alignment once in the game. You will inherit all of their abilities and modifiers. You will not inherit their chat access or player groupings (e.g. Masons). You will not inherit the original, unaltered versions of your modifiers. If your target has limited shots, the shots they used will already be used in your inherited role. Can be either alignment and hasn't been used in boards before

Are we just throwing out random roles from the glossary now? roles that we have no indication are in the game we are actually playing.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Are we just throwing out random roles from the glossary now? roles that we have no indication are in the game we are actually playing.

Nope just mulling over stuff

Was ghost indicated as Clodagh threw that one out?

Was ghost indicated as Clodagh threw that one out?

Nope it wasn't, that did not make much sense for them to throw out there. Please try to make sense folks don't imitate those who don't ;):D

Just so I can pop on and type in "Told you so"

Just so I can pop on and type in "Told you so"

You would only be able to say that if you are now claiming your role is both Ghost and Seer? is that what your claiming?

Or are you just randomly throwing out there the possibility that the mods might add ghost to your role so that you could come back and say that?

Either way can't see either happening.

No probably to do with your abohrant lack of punctuation, grammar and tenses. You said I'd forgotten Emily the implication when I read it that you meant she was missing off the list, not that she shouldn't be on the list.

You would only be able to say that if you are now claiming your role is both Ghost and Seer? is that what your claiming?

Or are you just randomly throwing out there the possibility that the mods might add ghost to your role so that you could come back and say that?

Either way can't see either happening.

Oh FFS. I was asking when I die, can I come back as a ghost and tell all you lot that don't believe me "Told you so!"

How come when I'm earnestly telling you the truth, you all want to ignore it but as soon as I inject some humour about a possible role they could give me, you're all over it like a damn rash.

• Advertisement

I'm out of here for a while, sort it out between your selves because I can't be bothered with your paranoias today.

Advertisement