Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Oh FFS. I was asking when I die, can I come back as a ghost and tell all you lot that don't believe me "Told you so!"

How come when I'm earnestly telling you the truth, you all want to ignore it but as soon as I inject some humour about a possible role they could give me, you're all over it like a damn rash.

Can't see any way in which mods would add you as a ghost just so you can be funny but ok sorry for not getting your humor.

I do agree though that I kinda hope it does get sorted out soon and people just vote today cos I doubt anything more is going to happen this pre lynch phase.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Oh my god I'm thick. Poison was a nighttime action so I could have blocked it. Never occurred to me - I was just thinking about munches.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

No probably to do with your abohrant lack of punctuation, grammar and tenses. You said I'd forgotten Emily the implication when I read it that you meant she was missing off the list, not that she shouldn't be on the list.

Thank you for the grammar lecture 5000 posts in. I don't think I'm the only one who posts with incorrect grammar, yourself included.

If you're having a bad night and need to continue to have a go at someone, work away.

Hey Tegan, did you do a post that listed all your nighttime actions? Just trying to put it into my notes.

I can look back and find it if you did.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Oh my god I'm thick. Poison was a nighttime action so I could have blocked it. Never occurred to me - I was just thinking about munches.

Can't think why you would have anyway, last two people poisoned were wolves. Would look awfully dodgy if you were a wolf.

This is what I meant earlier when I was wondering earlier why Phil was still keeping quiet about his role. Roles can show actions and actions can point to if someone is good or bad. I don't think your bad a bit more so because if bad you could have known you could block the last two poisons (at least one of your team would have wonderd). In Phil's case it could just be that he is posting less though, I mean he has 1/3 the posts of the 5th highest poster atm I think.

• Advertisement

Hey Tegan, did you do a post that listed all your nighttime actions? Just trying to put it into my notes.

I can look back and find it if you did.

Yep, will have a look for it now

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Just for record here are my blocks

Day 1 no power
    Day no still in drug haze
    Day 3 yayyy power!!! blocked Senan at 13:23
    Day 4 blocked Conor at 0929
    Dav 5 blocked Frank
    Day 6Yesterday blocked Angus at 1346 the changed to Doris at 2041 when I was nearly certain Angus was going

Here it is

Isla WW wrote: »
    Can't think why you would have anyway, last two people poisoned were wolves. Would look awfully dodgy if you were a wolf.

This is what I meant earlier when I was wondering earlier why Phil was still keeping quiet about his role. Roles can show actions and actions can point to if someone is good or bad. I don't think your bad a bit more so because if bad you could have known you could block the last two poisons (at least one of your team would have wonderd). In Phil's case it could just be that he is posting less though, I mean he has 1/3 the posts of the 5th highest poster atm I think.

Yeah, but if I was a wolf I'd have blocked it and just not given my role. And I'd have munched Doris to stop her from finding out my role, and Orla earlier to stop her poisoning.

I still don't understand why Orla was allowed to continue on poisoning people - Winifred and Liam were both taken out while she was out on thread poisoning. I don't get it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

No probably to do with your abohrant lack of punctuation, grammar and tenses. You said I'd forgotten Emily the implication when I read it that you meant she was missing off the list, not that she shouldn't be on the list.

No wonder you kept quiet, a little bundle of joy like you would have been caught out early doors as a wolf. Nice.........

In the same veign, knowing that Clodagh was the Seer does not mean she equals bad but im hoping that her actions, only peaking goodies until she was sentemced to death via poison then peeking a wolf suggest she is bad, cos she is dying no matter how we vote.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but if I was a wolf I'd have blocked it and just not given my role. And I'd have munched Doris to stop her from finding out my role, and Orla earlier to stop her poisoning.

I still don't understand why Orla was allowed to continue on poisoning people - Winifred and Liam were both taken out while she was out on thread poisoning. I don't get it.

I'm guessing they were more worried about a power that may not exist / didn't think Orla would be so accurate each time.

In the same veign, knowing that Clodagh was the Seer does not mean she equals bad but im hoping that her actions, only peaking goodies until she was sentemced to death via poison then peeking a wolf suggest she is bad, cos she is dying no matter how we vote.

She's only peeked dead goodies who's alignment we already knew oh and me :D A baddie with a bomb attached to me

It's why I went a bit paranoid yesterday morning until she was munched, when Vern died everyone poisoned after that appeared bad in death notices, I thought it was odd she wasn't munched, then she was!

Tegan, what time does your decision have to be in by?

I'm trying to figure out if it's a nighttime or a daytime power.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    It's why I went a bit paranoid yesterday morning until she was munched, when Vern died everyone poisoned after that appeared bad in death notices, I thought it was odd she wasn't munched, then she was!

I wonder if they tried to munch her one of the nights she was protected. But then we'd have been missing a munch.

Unless I've managed to block a munch every single day, and I just don't think i'm that good.

Henry, did you need Doris' list too?

I wonder if they tried to munch her one of the nights she was protected. But then we'd have been missing a munch.

Unless I've managed to block a munch every single day, and I just don't think i'm that good.

Yeah let's not go overboard

986g.gif

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Henry, did you need Doris' list too?

nah, found it

I need to know what it says about using your power though - what time does it have to be in by and is it day or night...?

Doris WW wrote: »
    Ok

Order needs to be in by 10am, I get the power after munch

21/10 Wendy: lynch switch to be used by next lynch
    22/10 ewan: peek (fool peek) to be used in night phase and result post next munch. I picked Vernon and he came back as evil
    23/10 frank: Counselling post lynch, we had a room till 10am
    24/10 Oisin: 5050 vig, used on Lucy
    25/10 Henry : protect power from all night actions. Final choice to be in by 10am, I already noted I placeholdered myself at 6:15
    26/10 Clodagh : peek, in by lynch, result post munch.

The last one is why I needed Henry. If the wolves want to remove a confirm then I need his protection. Originally I aimed to confirm the seer which would have been better but events took over on that

Here it is just in case Henry

Yeah let's not go overboard

986g.gif

I'm more inclined to think that I haven't blocked a single munch.

I'm a fairly useless protector.

• Advertisement

nah, found it

I need to know what it says about using your power though - what time does it have to be in by and is it day or night...?

I have to have my order in before 9pm then it goes into effect from 9 pm till munch at 10am

Does any of it correlate with you casting your protection?

I'm more inclined to think that I haven't blocked a single munch.

I'm a fairly useless protector.

but but but even thought you didn't actually name your character, to me your

giphy.gif

Really enjoyed this game of WW but I wouldn't mind if Clodagh and whoever makes Maj end it soon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Glad you realized. Unfortunately not realising before now probably invalidates my reason for thinking you’re village :(

Doris WW wrote: »
    Glad you realized. Unfortunately not realising before now probably invalidates my reason for thinking you’re village :(

Now that he agrees with you, you trust him less?

Where is that Chewbacca defense gif gone? cos that makes no sense

Fair points

On orla I’m assuming the wolves figured she’d hit a few villagers and we’d lynch her because they hadn’t munched her

Okay, my head hurts trying to figure this out.

So, day 6 (25/10) doris steals my power and puts an order in to protect herself. It's a night action, so she has to put in an order before 10am on day 7 (26/10) to cover the night 6 action.

But Tegan blocked Doris on day 6 so that she couldn't go into her rooms on night 6.

How did the mods know that Doris wouldn't change her protect before 10am to someone else? And if she had, her protect wouldn't have covered Tegan's action.

So I'm back to one of them lying. I think.

Ok I’m going to suggest something Clodagh already has, that we lynch Clodagh since she’s poisoned and her flip kinda matters. If Henry can cover me I’ll give a peek result then

Worst case she’s a wolf, we can’t trust her info, I give you a peek and you lynch me then

Best case she’s village, I give you a peek and you decide how to deal with Patrick, lynch me at some point and either lynch or form a core based on my peek result

I do need input on that perk though. My gut says peek frank but could someone give some suggestions?

Patrick WW wrote: »
    She's only peeked dead goodies who's alignment we already knew oh and me :D A baddie with a bomb attached to me

Doris while your here, did you ever address just how coincidental this is? only knowing dead goodies until your going to die and then its the one person who could take out the most villagers at once you call out as a wolf.

• Advertisement

Doris while your here, did you ever address just how coincidental this is? only knowing dead goodies until your going to die and then its the one person who could take out the most villagers at once you call out as a wolf.

Is this for Clodagh?

Advertisement