Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Any time limit on this Des?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Could also have been the vig, I'll be p!ssed if it was, they should be holding their powder dry until the have more info

Ah here there is no need to be dissing how others play their roles. My point is that if it WAS a vig and we have no SK then I will not be surprised if wolves get extra kills on top of morning munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I like Dessie, I think if your giving the power you should select who is peeked IMO but your call if you want consensus.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a6e85ab0c9a64e437638b0122b1bf26e06fbaa5e&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I think I'd like to see what Lucy flips.

If Lucy is good, I reckon wolves are split over her wagon and the no-lynch wagon.

If Lucy is bad, we can look mainly on the no-lynch wagon, and take a stronger look at the people who started voting steve and who wanted to move the lynch away from Lucy.

Any thoughts on that as a strategy?

Based on this id like Lucy as the peek, good info

Based on gut Brendan doesn't sit well with me but Lucy gives good info if good or bad

Eva WW wrote: »
    Wolf gets the peak, says someone is good. They get "village cred", and make sure none of them gets peaked.

I meant more why would a wolf be given that role in the first place by the mods. Theres no SK so the wolves presumably know all the bad guys. They peek say Abigail - oh look surprise, surprise shes come back as good

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a6e85ab0c9a64e437638b0122b1bf26e06fbaa5e&rid=giphy.gif

Nice gif tbf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    In the absence of an SK, I'd think the kill rate would have to be higher than one guaranteed munch per day for the wolves or the game could last way too long

True but there’s more then one way to make that happen. 3 people will most likely die from events announced this morning (including poison).

I suspect somebody gained a power and used it very quickly which would actually make me think they might be bad to be honest. There is a Chance there are good but if my theory is correct the more I think about it the more likely they are to be bad....

If a goody had an opportunity to kill somebody yesterday do you think it would be more prudent to shoot or hold off? Also if they had to use the power yesterday do you think a villager should just pick somebody or not use the power?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Any time limit on this Des?

None that I know of, but of course it will need to be before the next munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I don't see what a wolf gets out of a peek? Sure they know the bad guys already?

it would give them a chance of finding the jester (which admittedly would be good for us all), but it could also help them clear another wolf if it is a wolf selected to be peeked.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ah here there is no need to be dissing how others play their roles. My point is that if it WAS a vig and we have no SK then I will not be surprised if wolves get extra kills on top of morning munch.

I wouldn't agree with you there a Holly. I don't want the vig to be helping the village, by shooting randoms they are. So if that was you Mr/Mrs Vig please stop until you have a better handle on people is my request

Probably came across as a lot more critical than I meant it to be

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I meant more why would a wolf be given that role in the first place by the mods. Theres no SK so the wolves presumably know all the bad guys. They peek say Abigail - oh look surprise, surprise shes come back as good

Roles don't equal good/bad though. Satan was good

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    True but there’s more then one way to make that happen. 3 people will most likely die from events announced this morning (including poison).

I suspect somebody gained a power and used it very quickly which would actually make me think they might be bad to be honest. There is a Chance there are good but if my theory is correct the more I think about it the more likely they are to be bad....

If a goody had an opportunity to kill somebody yesterday do you think it would be more prudent to shoot or hold off? Also if they had to use the power yesterday do you think a villager should just pick somebody or not use the power?

Can some people have a read at this please? I have a theory and I’m
    Not sure if it’s better to share on thread or keep an eye out. If the theory is right then it could reveal a goody with a power or a baddy with a power. If I say nothing and I’m right and they are bad they will prob kill me and my theory dies with me.

Derry WW wrote: »
    it would give them a chance of finding the jester (which admittedly would be good for us all), but it could also help them clear another wolf if it is a wolf selected to be peeked.

Would that not be a risky strategy though? Cause if one of them gets killed then you're down two wolves?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I reckon this bit depends on whether it is a use it to lose it power. If they lose the kill by not using it then most people would use it in the hope of finding the wolves / jester.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »

Henry quick to positively explain the poison targets... did he do it?

I didn't, was just highlighting this to try and push derry and liam to interact. Statistically, at least one is probably good and they wont be saved if we've no information to go on.

Let's look at Desmond's power:

Scenario 1:
    Desmond is good. Picks good person as peeker, they let us know how peekee is aligned.

Scenario 2:
    Desmond is good. Picks wolf/jester as peeker. They let us know that peekee is truly aligned good (no point telling us she's bad as we'll know as soon as we kill her).

Scenario 3:
    Desmond is good. Picks wolf as peeker. They let us know that peekee is falsely aligned good.
    We then potentially have peekee falsely aligned good, but if they are a wolf and she, or the person who "peeked" her is later killed, they are both for the chop.

Scenario 4:
    Desmond is good. Picks wolf as picker. They let us know that peekee is truly aligned bad.
    If they do tell us she is bad, they are potentially falsely aligned good.

Scenario 5:
    Desmond is a wolf. Picks a wolf buddy or a villager as peeker and we arrive at above scenarios 1 - 4.

Scenario 6:
    Desmond is a wolf. Peek is nonsense. Picks wolf buddy as peeker and they truly tell us a villager's alignment. Village points are given to Desmond and peeker for ruse.

The stats are never better than right now for finding a villager, presuming desmond is good. And if we vote on who we should pick to use the peek, we've hopefully a 70% chance or so of picking a villager.

I would pick one of the lower posting people so we've more chance of using the stats to our advantage and less chance of being swayed by someone's posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

I'm good if you pick me I'll peek Ewan and let you know if he's a goody or not. I'm 99% sure he's a baddy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

On the last part that depends. Will the bullet be lost or randomly fired if they don't use it ? Without knowing details of the power/role it is impossible to answer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Im not picking who gets the peek, so everyone post a name and lets see who gets the most mentions. Or if there is a better way then let us know

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    My understanding is, 1 wolf kill, 1 shot from yesterday, and someone else has the ability to poison

I’d expect poison to be a wolf power though, it’s been like that in other games small odd American towns certainly, especially given there’s a choice of two potentially poisoned players

I dont agree with letting the village decide on who to peek, too easy to be manipulated by wolves

Dessie - you're peek, you decide

IMO the risk v reward of this reveal just doesn't match up for Dessie to be a wolf, sticking your head up is always risky, no real reward for a wolf, we all know when you reveal a prize ur pretty much guaranteeing your own death

• Advertisement

There was a never explained gun shot yesterday wasn't there?

It's hard to know as some players are probably more trigger happy than others. How you are tying a player to such an action could be interesting but as only you know that I can't tell you what i'd do fully here. If your connection between player and action is strong enough bring it forward though as wolves are perhaps more likely to keep a action secret.

Not sure if it’s better to share on thread or keep an eye out. If the theory is right then it could reveal a goody with a power or a baddy with a power. If I say nothing and I’m right and they are bad they will prob kill me and my theory dies with me.

I say put the information onthread where people can talk about it.

If I can't have the peek, I vote for Henry to get it.

You've put it out softly now so if you've a theory, lob it out is my thoughts at this stage. What's the downside? If your outing a power roled goody then it's probably best to keep quiet but we've no idea what powers are in play cause everyone has a "role"

Doris WW wrote: »
    I’d expect poison to be a wolf power though, it’s been like that in other games small odd American towns certainly, especially given there’s a choice of two potentially poisoned players

Am I mad or does it not saying roles do not = allignment in the OP

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Killing me is a waste and will only backfire on the village.

Those killing me will be treated with suspension and contempt.

I will also get some revenge.

I dont agree with letting the village decide on who to peek, too easy to be manipulated by wolves

Max 6 (MAYBE 7) wolves. Minimum 21 villagers. I don't think it would be easily manipulated.

Lucy WW wrote: »

How do you feel about being peeked?

Lucy WW wrote: »

Why the aggressiveness, people are discussing peeking you or someone at this point!?

• Advertisement

Henry WW wrote: »
    Max 6 (MAYBE 7) wolves. Minimum 21 villagers. I don't think it would be easily manipulated.

I agree with most of what you've been saying, but I do think wolves can handily manipulate open village votes.

Advertisement