Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Can some people have a read at this please? I have a theory and I’m
    Not sure if it’s better to share on thread or keep an eye out. If the theory is right then it could reveal a goody with a power or a baddy with a power. If I say nothing and I’m right and they are bad they will prob kill me and my theory dies with me.

Conor, would you not just come out with the theory? You've basically given a come and get me to the wolves FFS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Whoever get's the peek, I think they should peek Ewan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I'd give the peek to Patrick if I had to give it to someone atm. I don't know if I would give it to someone who was asking for it though. Big village plenty of options. Don't actually have an issue with Des doing it themselves but it is more prudent to choose someone else to confirm the whole thing

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Killing me is a waste and will only backfire on the village.

Those killing me will be treated with suspension and contempt.

I will also get some revenge.

How would you get revenge if dead?

btw people are talking about peeking you not killing you. That would only be a discussion if you flipped bad

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    On the last part that depends. Will the bullet be lost or randomly fired if they don't use it ? Without knowing details of the power/role it is impossible to answer.

Well it’s hard for me to elaborate without giving the full details.

In short, it’s not clear if they have one or more opportunities to use this power.

I suppose let’s keep it simple. I have a theory where a goody or baddy might of won a power that may or may not have a one off or multiple use power. This theory might he bogus but if right could either expose a baddy or a goody with a power. Do I wait for more evidence (but now I’ve mentioned on thread they will possibly he more careful) and maybe take the theory to my grave if it’s a baddy or do I come out with it?

It’s not me with the power so I don’t get hurt by revealing the theory.

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »
    Conor, would you not just come out with the theory? You've basically given a come and get me to the wolves FFS

Only if it’s a wolf with a power that I might expose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I agree with most of what you've been saying, but I do think wolves can handily manipulate open village votes.

How?

I think open voting is less likely to be manipulated and information can be taken from it if we see people trying to sway a vote one way or the other. That's exactly what I'm suggesting peeking Lucy might give us.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    You've put it out softly now so if you've a theory, lob it out is my thoughts at this stage. What's the downside? If your outing a power roled goody then it's probably best to keep quiet but we've no idea what powers are in play cause everyone has a "role"

It may be a roled goody but not necessarily for my theory to work.

I’m just trying to weigh up throwing it out their and painting a target on somebody who may be good. Suppose either way I could be wrong so maybe I will post it up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    How?

I think open voting is less likely to be manipulated and information can be taken from it if we see people trying to sway a vote one way or the other. That's exactly what I'm suggesting peeking Lucy might give us.

I dont see wolves piling on to someone getting the peek, especially if it's a predetermind pick. They are more likely to pile on picking someone to peek in that scenario

Well it’s hard for me to elaborate without giving the full details.

In short, it’s not clear if they have one or more opportunities to use this power.

I suppose let’s keep it simple. I have a theory where a goody or baddy might of won a power that may or may not have a one off or multiple use power. This theory might he bogus but if right could either expose a baddy or a goody with a power. Do I wait for more evidence (but now I’ve mentioned on thread they will possibly he more careful) and maybe take the theory to my grave if it’s a baddy or do I come out with it?

It’s not me with the power so I don’t get hurt by revealing the theory.

How do you know the identity of the person? You're guessing they're bad but they could be good?

Sure work away, its not like it can make things anymore confusing!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I'm good if you pick me I'll peek Ewan and let you know if he's a goody or not. I'm 99% sure he's a baddy.

I don’t think he’s worth peeking. He’s a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning all.

I want Lucy peeked. I started the bandwagon that seems to be forming on her and I’d really like to know if I was wrong.

I can also see the merit of peeking one of the poisoned players though so would be happy with that too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Can some people have a read at this please? I have a theory and I’m
    Not sure if it’s better to share on thread or keep an eye out. If the theory is right then it could reveal a goody with a power or a baddy with a power. If I say nothing and I’m right and they are bad they will prob kill me and my theory dies with me.

Yesterday I would have expected a goodie to hold off a bit. Even if there was a suspicion it would have been prudent to wait till as late as possible.

On your theory, I dunno. Worst case would probably be you have a baddie and die before you can give the info. Revealing a key goodie wouldn’t be great either though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Wendy WW wrote: »

What leads you to this conclusion?

Ewan has basically no input until this morning when he pulls this stuff out...
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    While I was in the thread I couldn't see much going on. Steve maybe role hunting but felt villager tree shaking to me. After that I wasn't able to keep up with what was going on for my own reasons. Better to vote no lynch than lynch without doing the proper research with a jester in play.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I had a look back over Steves posts but i See Reading back nothing that would make me think anything other than tree shaking villager.

Interestingly Ewan comes out after Steve flips good with this... Very easy to say these things after someone has flipped. Especially when that person had voted for Ewan and mentioned they'd be staying on him...

Trying to make it look like you were buddies or something Ewan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Btw, I cant use the peek myself, I can only grant the wish to another player

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

That makes me want to peek you even more tbh.

Am I the only one who sees this as a potential slip by Lucy?

Why threaten revenge for a peek? Why talk about killing her unless she knows that peek will come back bad for her?

Henry WW wrote: »
    How?

up to potentially seven people with a backroom collaborating with the rest of us in the dark, and you think they couldn't manipulate a vote?

I agree, that there's info to be gained in that perspective, I'm just saying wolves have a lot more power to drive conversation or voting a certain way when they can communicate behind closed doors and all we see is what they want us to see.

Why are you convinced he's a wolf?

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Btw, I cant use the peek myself, I can only grant the wish to another player

giphy.gif

I wish Desmond's peek was given to me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Interestingly Ewan comes out after Steve flips good with this... Very easy to say these things after someone has flipped. Especially when that person had voted for Ewan and mentioned they'd be staying on him...

No, I had to wait. I didn't know earlier.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Is this what needs to be done? If not me then Henry gets my vote.

The theory is that the wishmaster could only grant wishes to people who post a wish in bold on thread (one wish a day).
    Isla WW wrote: »
    I know roles/characters don't = good/bad but I still reckon Kenny is the Jester. Someone who has to die

Oh and wish granter

I wish to be given a gun with multiple bullets

So Im above would isla get one or multiple bullets? Since the amount is not defined it’s hard to say.
    I Wish for an evil seeking bullet

Anyway fresh account for me to dirty! Call me Paddy please, it's what my friends call me :)

Well it wasn’t an evil seeking bullet as Gertie was good but wouid a villager be evil to baddies? Meh, not convinced.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I don't know but
    I wish for a werewolf to be shot with a silver bullet

Again, this didn’t happen but sure I would imagine wishes prob had to be more for tools to catch wolves as opposed to just a wolf dieing.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Mod announcment: A shot has been fired.

Somebody was shot yesterday but it looks like the bullet didn’t kill until
    This morning, I think it was Gerties kill
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod Announcements

south-park-s17e09c01-previously-on-south-park-16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

Steve WW has been found dead, mostly eaten.

Gertrude WW has been shot dead in the street

Their souls still hang by a thread however.... for another hour

Derry WW and Liam WW have been poisoned.

One of these is fake, one of these is real.

They have until lynch to be cured, or....

giphy.gif

This concludes the mornings announcements.... for now

So that would hint that Isla got a gun with bullet(s) and shot Gertie.

I'm not saying hes not a wolf but this is fairly flimsy Wini, I did an ISO of Steve after he died and came to similar enough conclusions, does that make me a wolf too?
    I said in that ISO that I never understand who people look to who the munched person voted for and see that as proof of a wolf. A wolf doesn't munch who is suspicious of them, its too obvious. Also Steve was fumbling round in the dark as much as the rest of us, its D2 FFS, we know nothing!

Ewan might well be a wolf but I can't see enough to be going after him just yet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Ok guys here it is.
    The eagerly awaited South Park Jester & Wolf list:

Jester: Regan
    Wolf: Orla AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Lucy AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Ewan
    Wolf: Desmond
    Wolf: Senan - Still 50/50 on him but worth lynching anyway.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2927ccf2d7aef2a3e98e9a134e261b5ca3c5dae99b&rid=giphy.gif

Aww I got voted for something but if it is any help I haven't been given a role yet. From what I gather some roles are handed out days into the game

Is this what needs to be done? If not me then Henry gets my vote.

I believe the wish granter is already dead. Just need Des to choose someone now. Des wants to be absolved of it though and have more people suggest who he should pick (not themselves though ideally I think).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees this as a potential slip by Lucy?

Why threaten revenge for a peek? Why talk about killing her unless she knows that peek will come back bad for her?

Don't think it's a slip, but I don't like how she's aggressive in her threatening.

I'd like the peek because I don't think I've ever gotten to peak anyone :(

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying hes not a wolf but this is fairly flimsy Wini, I did an ISO of Steve after he died and came to similar enough conclusions, does that make me a wolf too?
    I said in that ISO that I never understand who people look to who the munched person voted for and see that as proof of a wolf. A wolf doesn't munch who is suspicious of them, its too obvious. Also Steve was fumbling round in the dark as much as the rest of us, its D2 FFS, we know nothing!

Ewan might well be a wolf but I can't see enough to be going after him just yet

My problem isn't that he potentially munched steve or that steve came across as fumbly.

My problem is that Ewan basically has zero intelligible input until after steve's death. Then he focuses on steve's posts, saying he could clearly see he was good. Doesn't mention that he was steve's target. It seems very off to me.

Advertisement