Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if it wasn't told on auto priest

Actually I take that back coz if we lynch the jester unless the game ends then and there we would know by the autopriest so if the mods wanted the game to continue we wouldn't know

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if it wasn't told on auto priest

Well think about it. By some fluke, the first person killed sunday night is the jester. Autopriested. Game over lads. Hope you enjoyed our 24 hour game that took 5 months to plan.

Ok ive got to stop talking mechanics and start analysing.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Stan and Wendy may have a backroom as they were lovers for a few seasons. So could any of the parents or Mr. Garrison and Mr. Slave.

Ned and Jim as well.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Well think about it. By some fluke, the first person killed sunday night is the jester. Autopriested. Game over lads. Hope you enjoyed our 24 hour game that took 5 months to plan.

Yea I took it back in my next post

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

You won't get off me even when peeked good.

There can only be one logical reason: you're a wolf who needs me dead for some reason.

Voting for me is a waste. Especially if peeked good.

You are wasting time to hunt actual wolves.

Who are you voting for tonight? Will you be doing a last minute switcharoo like yesterday? Have you a list to share? What's your gut feeling?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I'm just creating a spreadsheet of possible baddies that's what I mean by hitlist.

You could be right, poor choice of words.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e95135f23b9747447572312bc4b0ae73784e2d74&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Baggly wrote: »
    I never said the powers themselves clear anyone. But using a power can give us an idea of someones intentions. If someone declares they have a peek and peek someone and say they are good, and then later that person dies and is bad, well then thats a gimme (as an example). The more we get people to commit to things that can be proven or disproven, the better, i think.

In an ordinary game where today (monday) is D1, id agree. We are a day ahead though. Maybe ye are right and its more of a tomorrow (D3) thing.

At this stage, id just like to discuss it now, so that if we do it tomorrow, its not rushed and we can do it properly.

Also re: major roles; this is part of the issue. We dont know the major roles. Those are traditionally the big roles but in this game; who knows? Regardless there should be enough roles in the village by tomorrow that even if the wolves can repeat the kill rate from today, we have SOME sort of core left, who can form a further bigger core.

I think its worth discussing, but i dont want to clog up the thread. Ive reading to do to form an FFA.

There is always the possibility of a fool or similar

From glossary Fool The Fool is led to believe they are the Seer. Each night, when they choose to reveal a players role, they will be told a completely random role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I dont think we should think about a fool until it is proven there is one

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Mary (1 post!), Abigail, Babs would be great if you gals start posting and not end up self voting today. Angus and more too, speaking of which Angus if you read this, do you have a penis eating pony? :pac:

• Advertisement

Regan WW wrote: »
    has everyone got a role? I have a character but no role was told day 3 if I survive

Well glossary has this

Drunk Wolf The Wolf would have an ability but wouldn't know of the ability until 2nd or 3rd night.
    Drunk You are a villager until the third night, when you remember your real role.

So what are you pissed as a newt or pissed as a wolf?

Frank WW wrote: »

If someone is a seer I won't think them a fool or Drunk seer unless it's proven they have been wrong about a peek most likely but in a game with so many roles it would not surprise me.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    OMG you have gone off the wall complete Lucy Lu. Apart from being on your tail what are your reasons for wanting to kill me? Also are you tying to tell us you have a gun? Your behavior is erratic. Maybe we have found the Jester.

Anyone else finding Lucys behavior odd? Speak up guys. Lets make tonights vote count.

But if she's the jester then you need to be NOT lynching her, if that's what you mean by making your votes count.

Frank WW wrote: »

How would you prove it except by lynching them? But I agree there's no reason to go in depth at the moment but it is a consideration.

There isnt a hope ill read through all of the ISOs before i go home, so here is what i did manage to do. Ive started at the bottom of the low posters and worked up, simply because i cover more ground in terms of players.

Mary ww - 1 post so far in the game. Late burst of posting or overnight posting will look suss. Lets see what she has to say for herself (or see if subbed).

Abigail ww - 4 posts today, Yesterday was all fluff anyway. Arguing over major v minor roles with Eva. Seems to be keeping up with the game but not posting much. Suss.

Barbara ww - cautious approach for vote yesterday (which mirrors my own thinking) - promises to be more active later today. Remains to be seen.

Angus ww - role reveal query right out of the gate. Suss of gertie before death. 3 posts today, clarfying mechanics and mod announcements. Following along but not posting much. Suss.

Frank ww - non voter. Called himself and others out for it. Claiming no time to get into game over weekend. Checks out with lack of knowledge around OP. Im ok with that (im in a similar boat). Doesnt go unnoticed however.

Fiona ww - posts yesterday and earlier today around poison / resurrect mechanic. Also cant get into the game. Seems to be following along though. Suss.

Gabriel ww - active up to munch. Then disappeared. Well thought out posts. Casting shade on Doris, Senan. Keeping an eye on them as well as called Doris on spinning stuff to Vernon. Suss.

Brendan ww - not a wolf on the basis of calling no lynchers pussies. Lol. You get a pass from me at least for now, for that.

Liam ww - jester speculation, thats ok i guess. Poisoned. Engaged in bandwagon analysis. Fine by me for now. Neutral.

Ewan ww - not around at weekend. Posting with gusto today. Sitting back a bit getting the lay of the land with lots of questions. They are suss of Liam, which i can kind of understand, but cant agree yet. Neutral read for me.

Emily ww - super early poster. Both Sat and Sun. Straight on to Steve. Only 8 posts today. A bit low given they were chatty over the weekend. None of these are enough to suss her though. Reading the Steve thing as tree shaking. The quiet thing isnt enough on its own as her posts havent been bad when she did post. Neutral.

Gertie is obvs dead, but here is who interacted with her:

Vernon Steve Isla Patrick Barbara Henry Regan Desmond Winifred
    Gertie 5 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 1

#FFA1
    Gabriel
    Fiona
    Angus

whats that, 3 FFAs so far? coming up to 5pm with a big game, you would hope we get some more

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Thoughts so far

Vote No Lynch
    Barbara 8 posts - mostly about being lost. I'm leaning new player and so pushing the first decision off
    Regan Keeps talking about getting high. Tasky or flavour? It's all VERY fluffy. Would lean more wolfy than babs.
    Ewan Nothing, nada, nope. Fluff. Could be low-flying wolfy too.
    Oisin Never came back to my rebuttal of his "disparity" comment. Despite that, he's contributed over the past couple of hours, so I'm leaning away from him right now.
    Conor I liked him yesterday - felt like he was also trying to work stuff out. Contributing the gertie killer theory. Leaning village for now.
    Phil Not much today but felt like he was working on things yesterday. I'd pop him in my "more village" pile for now.

Voted Lucy

Winifred Feel more villagey than wolfy for now.
    Wendy I don't know, the Orla = Lucy thing is maybe a bit high-profile for a wolf.
    Orla I'm persuaded for now about her argument re. going so hard for Lucy if good. Popping her on my village pile for now.
    Vernon Pushing a bit more than others which I liked. However, I hate the comment to Lucy re. "confirmed village core". It's so pockety. Would almost vote here just for that and the "who shot desmond" post.
    Henry Moi. I'm good.

Top wolves #FFA1

Vernon
    Regan
    Ewan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    whats that, 3 FFAs so far? coming up to 5pm with a big game, you would hope we get some more

your wish is my command

Ffa #1

Regan
    Ewan
    Barbara

I don't have much to go on

All 3 voted for no lynch. I'd go for any of the 8 or so who are on there though.

Villagers primary method of finding wolves is lynching and we opted not to use that. We could be 1 wolf down now maybe. Instead we're a scatter of villagers down.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Current trust list: Henry, Derry, Lucy, Brendan, Senan

No one 100%

In for the evening so gonna start going over last nights votes.

• Advertisement

Thats such specious reasoning. We could equally be down a scatter of villagers AND another villager if we had lynched wrong. In this game, i feel like lynch isnt our only lethal tool.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Name |Status
    Lucy WW| WOLF or JESTER |
    Senan WW| WOLF |
    Henry WW| VILLAGE |
    Wendy WW| VILLAGE |
    Isla WW| VILLAGE |
    Patrick WW| WOLF |
    Orla WW| WOLF |
    Desmond WW| RIP |
    Steve WW| RIP |
    Winifred WW| VILLAGE |
    Eva WW| VILLAGE |
    Regan WW| WOLF or JESTER |
    Derry WW| WOLF or JESTER |
    Vernon WW| UNSURE |
    Conor WW| VILLAGE |
    Doris WW| VILLAGE |
    Clodagh WW| VILLAGE |
    Holly WW| VILLAGE |
    Phil WW| WOLF |
    Ewan WW| WOLF |
    Emily WW| UNSURE |
    Gertrude WW |RIP |
    Liam WW| UNSURE |
    Brendan WW | UNSURE |
    Gabriel WW| UNSURE |
    Fiona WW| UNSURE |
    Frank WW |UNSURE |
    Oisin WW| UNSURE |
    Barbara WW| GOODIE |
    Abigail WW| GOODIE |
    Angus WW |GOODIE |
    Mary WW| GOODIE |

Wendifer, what is the difference between Goodie and Village here? Surely they are the same thing.

Also why would Lucy be the Jester? The only way that would be the case is if the alignment of the jester is good for peek purposes but that seems unlikely.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Thoughts so far

Vote No Lynch
    Barbara 8 posts - mostly about being lost. I'm leaning new player and so pushing the first decision off
    Regan Keeps talking about getting high. Tasky or flavour? It's all VERY fluffy. Would lean more wolfy than babs.
    Ewan Nothing, nada, nope. Fluff. Could be low-flying wolfy too.
    Oisin Never came back to my rebuttal of his "disparity" comment. Despite that, he's contributed over the past couple of hours, so I'm leaning away from him right now.
    Conor I liked him yesterday - felt like he was also trying to work stuff out. Contributing the gertie killer theory. Leaning village for now.
    Phil Not much today but felt like he was working on things yesterday. I'd pop him in my "more village" pile for now.

Voted Lucy

Winifred Feel more villagey than wolfy for now.
    Wendy I don't know, the Orla = Lucy thing is maybe a bit high-profile for a wolf.
    Orla I'm persuaded for now about her argument re. going so hard for Lucy if good. Popping her on my village pile for now.
    Vernon Pushing a bit more than others which I liked. However, I hate the comment to Lucy re. "confirmed village core". It's so pockety. Would almost vote here just for that and the "who shot desmond" post.
    Henry Moi. I'm good.

Top wolves #FFA1

Vernon
    Regan
    Ewan

I didnt see that Henry; sorry. Ill go back now.

Eva WW wrote: »

No one 100%

On the little I've read, I feel like that's a good list

Henry WW wrote: »
    How is that disparity?

I suggest that they could be wolves doing a skit, then I vote for one of them.

Did you misread what I was saying?

Anyway, thread seems to have livened up. Just going to take a look at the voting thread and see where we are now.

Yeah sorry i did misread it. I interpreted nothing in it as you didnt know why people were sussing Orla, and then you voted her. My bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

No one 100%

I’m also adding Regan and Wendy to it for tonight, actually. Regan for admitting something a wolf probably wouldn’t, and Wendy for offering a full read list.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    So anyone get any good roles?
    Anyone got any cool roles yet?
    Lucy what's your role? I may be able to help you
    What's your role?
    No trick. I genuinely want to know your role.
    Some roles aren't revealed for a few days
    Really? I missed that.

What's your role?
    DOnt know yet
    Interesting.

Who's your least likely wolves right now?
    Well there are 32 players and someone suggested earlier only 4 wolves maybe, so whatever suggestion I make has a 1 in 8 chance of being right
    Well thanks for the maths, but that doesn't answer my question
    Well i voted no lynch as I felt it to early to tell. I could have changed my vote at last minute as I had 3 people voting for me for no discernible reason but that would have been ingenious so I decided to stick with no lynch as I would know more tomorrow
    You still haven't answered a question here. You're just taking around yourself. Coming across very strange when I just asked a simple question
    I am answering that i feel it is too early to decide but you look for darkness wherever you need to find it. Im not going to name people just to make you happy when I am not sure myself
    Ok. So you've nobody who really feels too villagey for you? Any thoughts on wolves or jester ?
    who do you reckon is too villagey or wolvey or jestery
    Gertrude and Ewan piqued my radar early on. I'm staying on Ewan unless something pops up.

In terms of jester I'm not sure. I think they're too afraid to push hard out of the gate, so I don't think we'll see anything huge from them until later.
    I'm not the jester, so I'm a safe Lynch. However like everyone else, I have a role. But my role is dependent on others roles. Hence the questioning.

I was calling for people not to no Lynch because I believe it gives us less info. If peoplel are forced to vote for actual lynches we can use that data. However a no Lynch gives people an easy out if there having trouble thinking if who to vote for.
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Wolves should be jester hunting this morning, which puts steve and wendy in the chopping line imo.
    Well if that's true they waste a munch on me as 1. Not the jester and 2. Boring minor role. So I'll happily take it for the village. However I'd prefer if they hit the actual joker.
    Necro wrote: »
    Mod Announcements

south-park-s17e09c01-previously-on-south-park-16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

Steve WW has been found dead, mostly eaten.

Gertrude WW has been shot dead in the street

Their souls still hang by a thread however.... for another hour

Derry WW and Liam WW have been poisoned.

One of these is fake, one of these is real.

They have until lynch to be cured, or....

giphy.gif

This concludes the mornings announcements.... for now
    Necro wrote: »
    Steve WW was

source.gif

Satan - Ultimate Power Granter

And...
    Good

Gertrude WW was

giphy.gif

Scott Tenorman, Eric Cartman hunter

And also...
    Good
    has everyone got a role? I have a character but no role was told day 3 if I survive
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Did you have any convos with Steve? If he was the power giver, could your lack of role be connected to him?
    Ohhh interesting. Didnt chat to him that I can think of

Errrrr Regan. You had a full on chat with Steve so why say you didn’t? If it were one or two posts I could maybe understand you forgetting but the above isn’t one or two posts.

You’ve been saying all day you have no role yet but when Steve asked you, you avoided the question.

I’m also adding Regan and Wendy to it for tonight, actually. Regan for admitting something a wolf probably wouldn’t, and Wendy for offering a full read list.

I'm just after voting Regan. What is it that they admitted?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Whats our thoughts on Vernon?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Errrrr Regan. You had a full on chat with Steve so why say you didn’t? If it were one or two posts I could maybe understand you forgetting but the above isn’t one or two posts.

You’ve been saying all day you have no role yet but when Steve asked you, you avoided the question.

Thats a pretty good spot there. And will be looking forward to the answer.

Ill hopefully have my FFA up in the next hour

Advertisement