Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    If it was right, we got a wolf
    If it was wrong, we got information
    With no lynch, we got precisely the square root of sweet **** all
    Conor WW wrote: »
    This is very odd. If Lucy is good as the peak suggested we get information on a lynch that nearly, but didn’t kill a villager. It’s like you want to make the no lynch voters imperative to whatever narrative you want to explore. Had we voted to lynch Lucy we would be none the wiser, a dead villager (assuming the peak is legit). What exactly would you deduce from that if a few more of the non lynch voters had voted for her?

And frank didn’t even vote FFS and he’s having a go at people who did vote (but he didn’t like the no vote).

This looks definitely like deflection tactic, somebody looking to be worried about the village getting information from a lynch when he’s in no position to judge anybody who voted. I find this sort of aggression very odd for a “villager”. I was gonna vote Isla cause I’m still feeling there maybe something to my wish theory but Frank gets my vote tonight.

Wonder if a few wolves didn’t vote to hide as potential jesters!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Well it's why we won't lynch her, but shoot her when the opportunity arises.

How about Vernon. Thoughts on him?

This is awks, I'm asking you about Orla and you asking Orla about me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Name |Posts| Status| Read
    Lucy WW| 83|Peeked as good by Derry| happy to park for now
    Senan WW| 73||Don't have a great read on Senan, but there's something that's making me uneasy
    Henry WW| 69||Henry has come out as a sort of village leader. good ideas, clear and logical thoughts. He's my safest villager right now, which scares me. Must not forget about him.
    Wendy WW| 62||Wendy is a wacko. I'd love to hear her reasons for her initial list because it seemed thought out, rather than just thrown together.
    Isla WW| 60||Seems fine. Not much of a read
    Patrick WW| 41||Seems ok.
    Orla WW| 41||No read really.
    Desmond WW| 41|Dead Goody|
    Steve WW| 40|Dead Goody|
    Winifred WW| 38||Me, goody
    Eva WW| 32||no read
    Regan WW| 31||the whole steve thing was a bit weird. and then coming out with a 3 day survival role? If you're not a wolf, you're bound to get munched. Mods would only do a postponed role reveal for something quite powerful.
    Derry WW| 31||Seems legit, will know more when poison takes effect.
    Vernon WW| 30||I don't like Vernon, I think he's a baddy
    Conor WW| 30||no real read
    Doris WW| 29||not much here either
    Clodagh WW| 24||meh
    Holly WW| 20||meh
    Phil WW| 19||meh
    Ewan WW| 19||Ewan gives me the hibbie jibbies. He's my number 1 suspect. He's not done anything to allay my fears.
    Emily WW| 18||First one on steve. Seems fair enough. Not much on her
    Gertrude WW |17|Dead Goody|
    Liam WW| 15||I don't like liam showing up right when we're talking about giving the peek to a poisoned person
    Brendan WW |13||nothin
    Gabriel WW| 13||nothin
    Fiona WW| 10||nothin
    Frank WW |9||who?
    Oisin WW| 8||Oisin seems to be talking sense. I'm ok leaving him for now
    Barbara WW| 8||meh
    Abigail WW| 7||who
    Angus WW |7||who
    Mary WW| 1||what?

#ffa1

Ewan
    Liam
    vernon

Bring it on as at least if ye lot didnt lynch me I could have used roll tomorrow ah well your loss

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    You mean this one

I mean, no offense but it’s a bit wishy washy. It’s actually a fine big example of what got you on my ffa, more a love in for the ones who don’t make the ffa than an ffa

I don't know what you want - I've called out who I think is wolfiest and why.

I've pointed out where I'm not comfortable and people can respond. That's where I'm playing it from. I don't feel the need to get aggressive while playing this game just to see reactions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Im free the next 30 minutes but never done it before.

Do I just search the thread for #FFA1 ?

Yup!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Bring it on as at least if ye lot didnt lynch me I could have used roll tomorrow ah well your loss

Say what?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

This is very odd. If Lucy is good as the peak suggested we get information on a lynch that nearly, but didn’t kill a villager. It’s like you want to make the no lynch voters imperative to whatever narrative you want to explore. Had we voted to lynch Lucy we would be none the wiser, a dead villager (assuming the peak is legit). What exactly would you deduce from that if a few more of the non lynch voters had voted for her?

We could have used wagon analysis to determine if the people voting a villager were more likely a wolf or a villager. If Lucy was a villager but there was a good counter wagon, we could have assumed the second wagon was a wolf if we had a busy eod or second wagon a villager if it was quiet. Especially now that we have a voting thread, if you got a flurry of votes either way, it could be incredibly telling.

But we were robbed of that potential information by everyone voting no lynch.

And I'm not saying Lucy specifically should have been lynched, but someone should have been lynched over a no lynch.

No lynch takes away all the power from a village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Vote in for Regan.

Think it’s best to wait and see what happens to Derry later. If Derry is bad we’ll know Lucy is too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Im still a bit lost but did our gift giver gift derry a perk to peek lucy or whomever. But then got shot after the perk, but they werent out on thread where they?

Desmond was a wish giver, but pretended to be someone who got a wish from the wish giver. Probably to throw off the wolves

At a guess, our vig has rolled bad, so blasted Desmond to take wishes off the board :(

We could have used wagon analysis to determine if the people voting a villager were more likely a wolf or a villager. If Lucy was a villager but there was a good counter wagon, we could have assumed the second wagon was a wolf if we had a busy eod or second wagon a villager if it was quiet. Especially now that we have a voting thread, if you got a flurry of votes either way, it could be incredibly telling.

But we were robbed of that potential information by everyone voting no lynch.

And I'm not saying Lucy specifically should have been lynched, but someone should have been lynched over a no lynch.

No lynch takes away all the power from a village.

So what did you not even registering a vote tell us? I mean it’s not a crime to be a hypocrite , but it’s quite often a wolf tactic , in hindsight.

• Advertisement

And frank didn’t even vote FFS and he’s having a go at people who did vote (but he didn’t like the no vote).

This looks definitely like deflection tactic, somebody looking to be worried about the village getting information from a lynch when he’s in no position to judge anybody who voted. I find this sort of aggression very odd for a “villager”. I was gonna vote Isla cause I’m still feeling there maybe something to my wish theory but Frank gets my vote tonight.

Wonder if a few wolves didn’t vote to hide as potential jesters!

I wasnt here over the weekend. I made one post before I got swamped again by real life.

Nice to see I'm ruffling a few hairs though ;)

So what did you not even registering a vote tell us? I mean it’s not a crime to be a hypocrite , but it’s quite often a wolf tactic , in hindsight.

Check my posts from the weekend.

I made 1 post. I clearly wasnt active.

I wasnt here over the weekend. I made one post before I got swamped again by real life.

Nice to see I'm ruffling a few hairs though ;)

Sunday nights rough for you?

giphy.gif

But you only have 40 odd and a decent portion of them were with Steve

Havent a clue who they are with but sure ye have to hop on something

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    No lynch - Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil / Liam / Lucy
    Lucy - Wendy / Winifred / Orla / Vernon / Henry
    Steve - Emily / Gertrude / Patrick

Crossing out people on my current "Trust" list....

Senan, I think, raised the point about "Would wolves really vote into those categories. Absolutely. Every game, night one, the wolves will spread out a bit, but there'll always be one in each wagon, if not two. Its "safe" votes that you can justify later in the game. "Oh, everyone was voting that way, so I did too cause I didn't know where else to vote".

The list of "Didn't votes".

Didn't vote: Abigail, Angus, Derry, Fiona, Frank, Gabriel, Holly, Mary

So, here's my current stance on that. If any of them were posting, and CHOSE not to vote, I'm inclined to take a lot of them off the wolf list currently. My instinct is the wolves would mostly try and vote, so as not to draw that sort of negative attention, via self-votes.

Would a wolf choose not to vote? Possibly. Would multiple wolves choose not to vote? I don't believe so.

But I'd put money on there being at least one wolf in the No Lynchs, one in the Lucy votes (especially if we trust Derry and Lucy aren't working together, and Lucy is peeked good), and possibly one in Steve

Which means I'd see it currently as...

No Lynch - At least 1/8 chance of hitting a wolf. 1/7 if we choose to believe Derry is legit with the peek. And I think its safe to say Derry did get that peek, even if the result might be a lie.
    Lucy - 1/5 chance of hitting a wolf. Based on the fact I have decent leans on Wendy and Henry, I'd personally have 1/3 (Unless my reads are wrong, which there's a strong chance they are :pac:)
    Steve - Would a wolf have jumped on that possible wagon, or what they thought would be a stronger wagon? If so, possibly a 1/3 chance there too. Can't see there being two on him though.

Worth noting Regan and Steve both got three votes, but Regan seems less of a wagon as the vote deadline was approaching. But I wanted to point out that its possible there was a wolf in there, and not look like I've left that off because I'm one of the three who voted him.

If you believe a wolf would have thrown a vote on Steve because there was a mini-wagon being talked about on him, that's the safest 1/3 bet on the three top options.

Eva, I’m liking your posts more and more

However, I don’t see a wolf vote on Steve given that he was munched and therefore would seem to be the wolves prime candidate for jester

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hi Conor I'd like to talk further about your theory earlier that I think you left unfinished. It, or perhaps it was more your approach to it seemed odd, even if you thought/think your protecting something. Have thought any further? Can you elaborate? Does Desmond's death change your theory?

Senan WW wrote: »
    Eva, I’m liking your posts more and more

However, I don’t see a wolf vote on Steve given that he was munched and therefore would seem to be the wolves prime candidate for jester

I'd be leaning towards disagreeing with you, but not in a "Why the **** are you making that argument, you must be bad" way. I completely understand your reasoning, but just slightly disagree with it.

I'd currently be leaning towards an FFA of Liam, Patrick, Vernon as the three latest people to register votes across the three most popular options.

Or Orla, Vernon (process of elimination on Lucy voters) and one from the No Lynch brigade.

Check my posts from the weekend.

I made 1 post. I clearly wasnt active.

Which means what?

We are all blind here frank , we may be two goodies or you might be a baddy using lack of posting as a strategy/excuse. I’ve noted your response but your response to lucy irked me a lot.

I’ve noticed the “no lynch” voters getting attacked by some posters. No lynch is a legitimate option , just because some don’t like it doesn’t imply that those who voted for it are automatically more suspicious. I’d be more inclined to believe wolves voted to spread out their votes and may even vote latish so they can see what way the wind is blowing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

FFA Round Up

Patrick: Wendy, Frank, Brendan, Vernon
    Holly: Senan, Vernon, Frank
    Emily: Wendy, Angus
    Doris: Wendy, Gabriel, Henry
    Henry: Vernon, Regan, Ewan
    Winifred: Ewan, Liam, Vernon
    Oisin: Gabriel, Fiona, Angus
    Isla: Eva, Liam, Conor, Orla
    Phil: Regan, Wendy, Liam

I think they are all in order with the exception of Phil cos his initial one wasnt #ed

Totals:
    Wendy 4
    Vernon 4
    Liam 3
    Regan 2
    Angus 2
    Frank 2
    Ewan 2
    Brendan 1
    Eva 1
    Conor 1
    Orla 1
    Gabriel 1
    Senan 1
    Henry 1
    Fiona 1

Ive only 27 there but need 28. I need to leg it now. Sorry

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Regan is my new favourite for Jester.

I feel like they are trying to come across like a sleeping wolf or cub

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Regan is my new favourite for Jester.

I feel like they are trying to come across like a sleeping wolf or cub
    Not the jester said that earlier

Sunday nights rough for you?

giphy.gif

Monday mornings arent great either lol

Angus WW wrote: »
    Hi Conor I'd like to talk further about your theory earlier that I think you left unfinished. It, or perhaps it was more your approach to it seemed odd, even if you thought/think your protecting something. Have thought any further? Can you elaborate? Does Desmond's death change your theory?

Hopefully this clears it up, click on the link to see the quotes:
    The theory is that the wishmaster could only grant wishes to people who post a wish in bold on thread (one wish a day).

So Im above would isla get one or multiple bullets? Since the amount is not defined it’s hard to say.

Well it wasn’t an evil seeking bullet as Gertie was good but wouid a villager be evil to baddies? Meh, not convinced.

Again, this didn’t happen but sure I would imagine wishes prob had to be more for tools to catch wolves as opposed to just a wolf dieing.

Somebody was shot yesterday but it looks like the bullet didn’t kill until
    This morning, I think it was Gerties kill

So that would hint that Isla got a gun with bullet(s) and shot Gertie.

In short , I called it that there was a power where a person had to make the wish on thread in bold, Isla wished for a gun with bullets, shot Gertie but bullet didn’t kill this morning and Isla killed Desmond cause he could reveal she had her wish granted. Maybe its a bit of a stretch?

I'd be leaning towards disagreeing with you, but not in a "Why the **** are you making that argument, you must be bad" way. I completely understand your reasoning, but just slightly disagree with it.

I'd currently be leaning towards an FFA of Liam, Patrick, Vernon as the three latest people to register votes across the three most popular options.

Or Orla, Vernon (process of elimination on Lucy voters) and one from the No Lynch brigade.

Well you can leave Liam for the time being, he might be poisoned

@Isla - earlier you said you wanted to give the peek to Henry or Patrick, I questioned you but I don’t think you replied (maybe I missed it)
    I understood Henry, he came up with the poisoned peeker idea but why Patrick? It seemed a little left field?

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Sorry folks, just catching up

Vernon - One post stood out this morning, Vernon seemed fairly engaged but didn't know why it would be better to shoot (Lucy I think) who we thought was the jester than lynch her.

Flimsy but it is all I've to go on really

Let me help. I didn't read Sunday threads, so wasn't that clued in. You'll see also I was asking quite a bit about the jester as I've never seen that role played and wanted to understand it.

In short , I called it that there was a power where a person had to make the wish on thread in bold, Isla wished for a gun with bullets, shot Gertie but bullet didn’t kill this morning and Isla killed Desmond cause he could reveal she had her wish granted. Maybe its a bit of a stretch?

My theory on why Bullet didn’t work till this morning was that it was sort of day zero and using the power was pushed back to this morning to give player a bit more time (or bad power didn’t work until this morning)

Hopefully this clears it up, click on the link to see the quotes:

So she got two bullets? Or maybe more?

It seems a little random

And makes Isla out to be an ungrateful b!tch

FFA Round Up

I think they are all in order with the exception of Phil cos his initial one wasnt #ed

Totals:
    Wendy 4
    Vernon 4
    Liam 3
    Regan 2
    Angus 2
    Frank 2
    Ewan 2
    Brendan 1
    Eva 1
    Conor 1
    Orla 1
    Gabriel 1
    Senan 1
    Henry 1
    Fiona 1

You missed my ffa there emily. Regan, ewan, barbara were the 3

Orla WW wrote: »
    Actually guys, on the poison front, if I’m poisoned I’m going to try and convince someone to heal me. Derry pretty much accepted his faith for the sake of the village when he agreed to peek Lucy. Cheers Derry, if you are village. Why hasn’t Liam made any attempt to get himself cured?

marking this to come back to - or make sure it is responded to.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

FFA Round Up

Totals:
    Wendy 4
    Vernon 4
    Liam 3
    Regan 2
    Angus 2
    Frank 2
    Ewan 2
    Brendan 1
    Eva 1
    Conor 1
    Orla 1
    Gabriel 1
    Senan 1
    Henry 1
    Fiona 1

Are we voting from the ffa top 3 or wherever we want?

Advertisement