Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I feel the opposite - I feel there's been absolute silence since the push on vernon and angus, and I feel there's a lot of scrabbling in a backroom trying to put a story together.

Apart from calling Orla a wolf I'm not sure what they can say. Maybe we will suddenly get another poisoner claiming to counter Orla but then potentially 2/3 would be exposed wolves so that does not seem a smart move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I healed Derry and not Liam.

I was concerned about dying last night and knew if I said Derry you wouldn't save me.

I cured Derry because I honestly thought that's what the village requested. I started back yesterday trying to find the posts and there are a few that imply things but Henry is right there's nothing that flat out requests the village to heal him. I must have assumed cause we selected him to peek that Yee also wanted him saved.

Yeah we already know you healed Derry!

Convenient timing....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Apart from calling Orla a wolf I'm not sure what they can say. Maybe we will suddenly get another poisoner claiming to counter Orla but then potentially 2/3 would be exposed wolves so that does not seem a smart move.

I like Vernon's story better than yours. ;)

(I don't believe it, I just like that he's put the effort in to come up with something good)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I’m going to stay out of this actually because I’m biased.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If we were assuming that the shot at Gertie was the delayed shot from Sunday at 6.28pm then where is the notice about Holly’s shot as Desmond is shot in between?

Angus, your unwillingness to put the record straight isn’t helping.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Vernon said he had healed someone. He claimed that the village had pushed for it. Senan backed him up.

Village hadn't - there were about 8 posts about the cure before it was administered.

Just before lynch, I asked who Vernon had healed. He said Liam.

That didn't make sense as Derry was the only person who "village" had suggested healing, re. his behaviour around peek.

Orla came out as poisoner. She claimed to have poisoned Derry, not Liam.

Since Derry didn't die of poison, someone must have healed him. So if Vernon is healer, he healed Derry and lied about who he healed.

I feel the opposite - I feel there's been absolute silence since the push on vernon and angus, and I feel there's a lot of scrabbling in a backroom trying to put a story together.

Oh this is helpful summary thanks. I also think there's something else missing. There was no "a cure has been administered" message last night. I've to go but I'll ask mods about it

I healed Derry and not Liam.

I was concerned about dying last night and knew if I said Derry you wouldn't save me.

I cured Derry because I honestly thought that's what the village requested. I started back yesterday trying to find the posts and there are a few that imply things but Henry is right there's nothing that flat out requests the village to heal him. I must have assumed cause we selected him to peek that Yee also wanted him saved.

Only here for 10m so you can drop this and then dissappear. Not a great look Vern.

Very coincidental timing for such a reveal too, right when someone comes out and lets everyone know all this already, not that you read that at all, right?

I like Vernon's story better than yours. ;)

(I don't believe it, I just like that he's put the effort in to come up with something good)

Ha well, he has a lot more motivation to come up with a good spiel on the subject and took more time to do so than myself but fair enough.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Hey all. Havent been around since yesterday afternoon. Im catching up now. Skimming the last page im going to stick with my vote from yesterday on Vernon. Im out again tonight, so ill be posting this afternoon, at least.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

ok. Vernon's story is somewhat believable. but the timing is horrendous for a reveal like this and basically means that nobody is gonna let it slide. I'm voting Vernon now.

• Advertisement

ok. Vernon's story is somewhat believable. but the timing is horrendous for a reveal like this and basically means that nobody is gonna let it slide. I'm voting Vernon now.

I don't believe Verns story and it probably is because of the timing but I also have one problem with it.

Before when both stories contradicted each other I liked that if we were wrong about Vern Orla had to be bad but now I don't know if that logic still stands.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

This is a little hedgy Winny

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I’ve been debating all morning if this is the right call. Sorry villagers if I’ve made the wrong decision.

I am Chef, your friendly village poisoner. Each night I get to send a batch of my chocolate salty balls to two other players. Unfortunately there’s been a **** up in my kitchen and one of these batches of balls is poisoned :( If I refuse to send them the evil game mods will just rand the decision for me, and I’ll be included in that rand. Since I am the only player I know to be good, I’m not taking that chance. I have been guilty of using random org myself though! I’ve posted a couple of times asking should we not discuss who the village as a whole wants shot if someone has a bullet but got nothing back :(

This mornings poisoning was a bit of a **** up to be honest. I didn’t cop that I was picking a potential seer and a potential healer. Here’s where it gets interesting though.....

Day 1 I completely randed my decision. Derry got poisoned and Liam got fake poisoned. A cure was administered and I just assumed it was given to Derry as no one died. Then our “friendly” healer claimed he healed Liam! And I assumed Derry had some form of protection on him, but now I’m not so sure. Is it really likely that both the poisoner and the healer are on the same team? If our healer is a wolf there’s no way he says he healed Derry. But what if that’s exactly what happened?

Going forward I think there’s only one option for the good of the village. You guys need to take me out with either a bullet or tonight’s lynch to prove I’m telling the truth. Then you can deal with Vernon who I’m convinced is evil. (Please note my gut is notoriously bad so assess Vernon’s situation carefully and don’t just take my word for it!) Also taking me out will reduce village deaths as I won’t be let lose on random org anymore :D

This seems plausible but doesn’t give your alignment either way. Re Derry I have a separate idea what happened to them. At some point I also need to have a conversation with abi, who is I think 100% good but not completely straight with us if I’m correct

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

As said on the last page. Vernon and Orla's claims pretty much contradict each other. Orla didnt need to reveal. I believe Vern. Voting here

Oh this is helpful summary thanks. I also think there's something else missing. There was no "a cure has been administered" message last night. I've to go but I'll ask mods about it

That's a good point Vern. I did think at the time that your response saying that you'd cured her came in super-quickly.

Emily WW wrote: »
    As said on the last page. Vernon and Orla's claims pretty much contradict each other. Orla didnt need to reveal. I believe Vern. Voting here

*I don't believe Vern. Voting Vern

You believe Vernon?

Are you sayig Orla not needing to reveal is a mark against her here? usually thats a good sign and when someone reveals info like Vern just has (because they have no choice) it is usually someone scrambling to cover up their lie.

I don't believe Verns story and it probably is because of the timing but I also have one problem with it.

Before when both stories contradicted each other I liked that if we were wrong about Vern Orla had to be bad but now I don't know if that logic still stands.

I didn't like that theory that if one was bad the other was good and vice versa. too black and white.

This situation feels more realistic.

I need to go do some actual work - if I am taken out by the vig before I come back (who killed Dessie btw, so who i'm pretty sure is evil), don't leave Angus off the hook for the 10am shots that have been happening every day.

• Advertisement

Patrick WW wrote: »
    This is a little hedgy Winny

Nothing hedgy about it. Vern has been on my watchlist since early on. When he came out with the claim I was away and had a vote on him. I've believed he's bad.

Orla's claim enforced that for me.

All i'm saying is that I can see a perspective where he is legitimately afraid we'll kill him for saving derry.

That said. I want him dead because I believe he's bad.

Nothing hedgy about it. Vern has been on my watchlist since early on. When he came out with the claim I was away and had a vote on him. I've believed he's bad.

Orla's claim enforced that for me.

All i'm saying is that I can see a perspective where he is legitimately afraid we'll kill him for saving derry.

That said. I want him dead because I believe he's bad.

That's ok, your initial post read like you believed him but the timing meant you were voting for him! We are on the same page regarding the him being bad part

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

That's a good point Vern. I did think at the time that your response saying that you'd cured her came in super-quickly.

Timestamp was 9:00 order wasn't accepted last night. My bad I definitely left it too late.

I'm sorry I lied about Liam.

Are you sayig Orla not needing to reveal is a mark against her here? usually thats a good sign and when someone reveals info like Vern just has (because they have no choice) it is usually someone scrambling to cover up their lie.

No sorry. Made a mistake there. Posted it above

You believe Vernon?

It'd seem she then voted for Vern so I assume now that she just left out a "don't" or something similar in there somewhere :confused:

It'd seem she then voted for Vern so I assume now that she just left out a "don't" or something similar in there somewhere :confused:

Completely blanked her posting this a few posts earlier... ignore

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I pointed this out yesterday, Abi breadcrumbed Derry dying was cause she was targeted IMO

Nope, I really didn't.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    This seems plausible but doesn’t give your alignment either way. Re Derry I have a separate idea what happened to them. At some point I also need to have a conversation with abi, who is I think 100% good but not completely straight with us if I’m correct

What do you want to know?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Nope, I really didn't.

Ah ok, so who the **** killed Derry, he was poisoned, cured only to die the next day. Well fair ****s to whoever it was anyway

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Right so....Vernon then.

Advertisement