Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council House Transfer Meeting

Options
  • 19-10-2019 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey I'm in my council house 9 years it's 2 bedroom I have 2 girls and ah boy my son has been in my room since he was born he is now 5..i put in for ah transfere 6weeks ago. And the council have got back to me they want me to go for ah meeting in 2 weeks.. I'm curios to what the meeting is about.. Has anyone had ah meeting and no what it's about.. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

To find out more about your needs and talk through your possible options

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Grace x wrote: »
    Hey I'm in my council house 9 years it's 2 bedroom I have 2 girls and ah boy my son has been in my room since he was born he is now 5..i put in for ah transfere 6weeks ago. And the council have got back to me they want me to go for ah meeting in 2 weeks.. I'm curios to what the meeting is about.. Has anyone had ah meeting and no what it's about.. Thanks

Not sure what ah stands for,but if i was you i would be happy with what i got.The grass isn't always greener,its not bad to have your own place.Most Irish people in your spot are getting moved around from one property to another in emergency accommodation while the private landlords rake it in,and it is not nice when u got kids and they are moving you around and using you for profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Not sure what ah stands for,but if i was you i would be happy with what i got.The grass isn't always greener,its not bad to have your own place.Most Irish people in your spot are getting moved around from one property to another in emergency accommodation while the private landlords rake it in,and it is not nice when u got kids and they are moving you around and using you for profit.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

Excellent post,spoken like a true landlord,its exactly whats going on,young Irish families being used like meat.

The voice of experience speaking here,whats your angle? coming to defend your fellow landlords is it?

Mod Note
    Do not turn this into a tenant V Landlord debate. If you cannot offer anything to the thread, consider not posting at all. Consider this an on thread warning for attempted de-railment.

Excellent post,spoken like a true landlord,its exactly whats going on,young Irish families being used like meat.

The voice of experience speaking here,whats your angle? coming to defend your fellow landlords is it?

I am not a landlord.

Your post is nonsense because you make it sound like the Op will be moved from her current home into temporary accommodation.

That’s not going to happen, she’ll be placed on a transfer list and if/when a place is available she’ll move into more suitable accommodation.

And ranting about landlords is completely irrelevant when the Op has a council tenancy.

So yeah, nonsense.

• Advertisement

I am not a landlord.

Your post is nonsense because you make it sound like the Op will be moved from her current home into temporary accommodation.

That’s not going to happen, she’ll be placed on a transfer list and if/when a place is available she’ll move into more suitable accommodation.

And ranting about landlords is completely irrelevant when the Op has a council tenancy.

So yeah, nonsense.

My rant seemed to bother you enough to post though huh.

Truth must have hurt you somewhere,i just advised her to be happy to have her own place.

She can meet the council till the cows come home they won't give her a house if shes Irish with a young family,i simply advised her of how much worse things can be and are for a lot of young Irish families who would kill for their own 2 bedroom and not be pieces of Meat for unscrupulous landlords which is the reality for a lot of Irish families.

Truth must have hurt you somewhere,i just advised her to be happy to have her own place.

She can meet the council till the cows come home they won't give her a house if shes Irish with a young family,i simply advised her of how much worse things can be and are for a lot of young Irish families who would kill for their own 2 bedroom and not be pieces of Meat for unscrupulous landlords which is the reality for a lot of Irish families.

It bothered me because the Op asked for advice and you’re more interested in ranting about landlords than helping. And you’ve no actual relevant advice for the Op that takes into consideration the info she posted.

It bothered me because the Op asked for advice and you’re more interested in ranting about landlords than helping. And you’ve no actual relevant advice for the Op that takes into consideration the info she posted.

My advice was good,be happy with your 2 bedroom and don't be wasting your time thinking they will give her a 3 bedroom.

You and people like you gonna give her bad advice leading her up the garden path with dreams of a house that she will never get.

I tried to point her towards reality while people like you will let her waste her time going to meetings for a house that won't ever come,no matter how bad her situation is.

My advice was good,be happy with your 2 bedroom and don't be wasting your time thinking they will give her a 3 bedroom.

You and people like you gonna give her bad advice leading her up the garden path with dreams of a house that she will never get.

I tried to point her towards reality while people like you will let her waste her time going to meetings for a house that won't ever come,no matter how bad her situation is.

Perhaps you could explain why they won’t give her a 3 bedroom house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Perhaps you could explain why they won’t give her a 3 bedroom house?

Because hopefully they’re not stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Grace x

I am only asking if any one had the interview and what it's about.. I am very grateful of the house I have and I understand other people are way of and don't have ah place of there own.. And if I'm honest it's not right to have my son sleeping in the same bed and room as me he needs his own space..

Thanks you.. Its ah council house I'm in I went for transfere.. Was just asking of anyone got ah letter to go for an interview.. I'm curious to no what it will be about..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

Because there are too many single people in 3 bed council houses. There needs to be a change of mindset and elderly people who have a nearly free house for life should be moved to a single bed council flat and a family left into the vacated house.

Thanks you.. Its ah council house I'm in I went for transfere.. Was just asking of anyone got ah letter to go for an interview.. I'm curious to no what it will be about..

Can i ask,and its probably a dumb question but you keep saying ah,whats ah short for?

A 😂😂

This whole thread is a pisstake me thinks.

It is not a piss take.. Im just asking did anyone go on transfere list and received ah letter to go for inter with housing authority

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Aaahh..

It is not a piss take.. Im just asking did anyone go on transfere list and received ah letter to go for inter with housing authority

What is ah? is this a joke does everyone else know what ah means?

I was suppose to say a..

• Advertisement

Well it makes no difference anyway,no matter how many letters or meetings you have you won't get a 3 bedroom in this country anymore its a change of policy.

If you want a 3 bedroom you will have to either go into emergency accommodation where the private landlords can make some money of you and your kids or you will have to try an alternative route to a 3 bedroom.Council won't help you.

I'm on the list for transfer.. I will no more when I go for the interview.. As I said I'm asking if anyone that was on transfere have they received the letter for interview.. And what does be said at the interview

The list means nothing,people are on them lists forever,well good luck with it but believe me or don't its your choice but u won't get a house so stick and be happy with your 2 bedroom.

The families moving around b&bs and sometimes nice 3 bedroom private spots with more kids than you would kill for their own 2 bedroom that they can settle in and call home.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The council are never in a rush to move people to bigger properties ,your son is 5 the council will be happy to leave him share till he's 10 or 11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gatling wrote: »
    The council are never in a rush to move people to bigger properties ,your son is 5 the council will be happy to leave him share till he's 10 or 11

This. Also the fact that you've waited until he was 5 OP will work against you. Should have applied as soon as he was out of the cot.

She means 'a' as in a house etc.

What age are your other children?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Her current accommodation does not meet her current needs though. She won’t be moved from her current accommodation to temp accommodation. I don’t see any issue with talking to the local county council to see what all of her options are going forward.

You are generalising too much for council,HAP, landlords etc without providing any facts. Your posts are purely emotive with little substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

You want the best for your family so what is wrong with having a chat with your local council. The worst they can say is no. The best is that her son can have his own room.

If everyone had the same mentality as you. We would get nowhere. You keep talking about other people’s situation that are homeless. That is not the OP situation and doesn’t help them. So if your in a better situation than other people. Your basically saying shut up and put up. In reality, most people want to better themselves and their life throughout life and always have ambition to change it for the better, why not allow the op to get as much advice as possible so she knows what to expect in the interview.

How exactly is it bad advice? Their not telling her she will get it. They have told her they need to check in to evaluate her situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Which county council are you with?

South Dublin County Council rules state that children of different genders can share a bedroom up to age 10 - why can your son not share with his sisters? Give them the bigger room, set of bunks and a single, if you don't want him in your room?

He doesn't need "his own space". He just needs a space. If you have a girl older then ten, can she swap with him and move into your room?

Given the housing shortages, I can't see any county council giving this priority, to be honest.

My best guess is they'll tell you to come back when your son is ten. Best case scenario, they'll put you on a waiting list for a three bed - behind the thousands of others already waiting ahead of you.

Advertisement