Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung GT-E1150i - IMEI and charger

Options
  • 19-10-2019 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

I use a very old Nokia and I have lost it while on silent - not for the first time.

While searching I found an old Samsung GT-E1150i

Here is no SIM

Can I check if it is connected to a network by the IMEI?

I know there are websites for this but are he safe to use?

Would I be able to get a charger from most Carphone Warehouse branches or is the phone too old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can call emergency services from a phone with no SIM, as far as I know, but of course I am not advising you to try this...

Carphone Warehouse went into liquidation recently, btw.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Esel wrote: »
    You can call emergency services from a phone with no SIM, as far as I know, but of course I am not advising you to try this...

Carphone Warehouse went into liquidation recently, btw.

I didn’t ask about making calls (emergency or otherwise) and Carphone Warehouse shops still seem to be in business so I don’t see what either of your comments have to do with what I asked about.

Are you sure you are in the right thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I didn’t ask about making calls (emergency or otherwise) and Carphone Warehouse shops still seem to be in business so I don’t see what either of your comments have to do with what I asked about.

Are you sure you are in the right thread?
    ??? I tried to give you a pointer to check if the phone can connect.

Sorry for being wrong about CPW...

I'm out.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    ??? I tried to give you a pointer to check if the phone can connect.

Sorry for being wrong about CPW...

I'm out.

It is irrelevant whether the phone can call emergency services or not as that doesn’t tell me what network it is connected to. And more importantly as you pointed yourself it not a responsible action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Try ebay or Adverts for a charger.

Without trying a new sim, you would unlikely find out whether its network locked or not. Go to CPW and see what they say. They might have sims in store you could try. Whether the stores have access to IMEI is only something they will know.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Try ebay or Adverts for a charger.

Without trying a new sim, you would unlikely find out whether its network locked or not. Go to CPW and see what they say. They might have sims in store you could try. Whether the stores have access to IMEI is only something they will know.

I had looked up chargers on eBay but they are all in the UK. I was hoping to get one quick just don’t have time for Carphone Warehouse until Wednesday. So I was hoping to know whether there us a chance they’ll have one.

Are you saying to avoid the IMEI check websites?

I had looked up chargers on eBay but they are all in the UK. I was hoping to get one quick just don’t have time for Carphone Warehouse until Wednesday. So I was hoping to know whether there us a chance they’ll have one.

Are you saying to avoid the IMEI check websites?

As its not a popular phone, chances of getting one quick would be low.
    Give CPW a call if you can't get to them. No, I didnt say not to try them. You're asking on here what information CPW stores will have - they can only answer that. As I said, call them and ask about the IMEI and charger.

As its not a popular phone, chances of getting one quick would be low.
    Give CPW a call if you can't get to them. No, I didnt say not to try them. You're asking on here what information CPW stores will have - they can only answer that. As I said, call them and ask about the IMEI and charger.

I didn’t actually ask if Carphone Warehouse could get the details from the IMEI. I was asking if those sites are safe to use.

I only mentioned Carphone Warehouse in regards to a charger. It never occurred to me that they might be able to help with find the information.

I know you didnt ask. I made a suggestion for you. As for safe, some are. Some are not. Google the site and see what information it brings up.

I know you didnt ask. I made a suggestion for you. As for safe, some are. Some are not. Google the site and see what information it brings up.

You said in the previous post that I asked what information Carphone Warehouse would have. I didn’t ask that.

Just saying.

• Advertisement

Whether you asked or not, It's a suggestion. Which given your predicament, you need help with. especially since you have a habit of losing phones on silent. Maybe get one of these ... https://www.amazon.com/BLACKRAPID-Wander-Bundle-Smartphone-Safety/dp/B072595S4G/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FA677ZX7BCB0HRNQ8K3S

Whether you asked or not, It's a suggestion. Which given your predicament, you need help with. especially since you have a habit of losing phones on silent. Maybe get one of these ... https://www.amazon.com/BLACKRAPID-Wander-Bundle-Smartphone-Safety/dp/B072595S4G/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FA677ZX7BCB0HRNQ8K3S

I was not dismissing the suggestion of asking Carphone Warehouse about the IMEI because it is a helpful suggestion. I simply saying that you posted that I had asked if Carphone Warehouse has such information and I’m saying I didn’t.

It is not a gigabit of losing phones, it is a habit of losing that phone in particular but how does your Carphone Warehouse help with me not losing it?

That strap wouldn’t help. It would be attached to the phone so it would get list too.

Great, let's forget about carphone warehouse then. Go to another shop or see if a friend will let you use their sim and see if its locked to a network . The thing you need more help on then is changing your phone habits. Find another strap or something more secure like duct tape or something so you won't lose it then.

Great, let's forget about carphone warehouse then. Go to another shop or see if a friend will let you use their sim and see if its locked to a network . The thing you need more help on then is changing your phone habits. Find another strap or something more secure like duct tape or something so you won't lose it then.

Why are you getting into a huff?

All I was doing was pointing out that you hadn’t read my post properly.

Your still not reading it because now you think I’ve dismissed asking Carphone Warehouse about the IMEI after I specifically said was a good idea.

And I was not seeking help to stop losing my phone because no one here can help with that. It has nothing to do with getting the Samsung to work. I don’t know who I included that tidbit and I don’t know why you latched onto it instead of ignoring it.

Nah, no huff here. Nor am I latching onto anything. I posted some info. Take what you will of it. Makes no odds to me. Good luck

Nah, no huff here. Nor am I latching onto anything. I posted some info. Take what you will of it. Makes no odds to me. Good luck

There is a definite huff and latching.

You posts did make it seem like it mattered to you for some reason.

Anyway take care yourself.

I always take care of myself and my phone. Thanks. Good luck in your search for a solution. :rolleyes:

I always take care of myself and my phone. Thanks. Good luck in your search for a solution. :rolleyes:

You wished me good luck and I thought it to be genuine so I responded in kind. It appears I was mistaken.

You seem to think a phone or something very important and are still hung up on what happened to mine.

The search for a solution ended very early today when you suggested Carphone Warehouse might be able to help identify the network. I did say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

You can put the IMEI in to one of those sites and it will tell you if the number is network locked. If you're uncomfortable using one of those sites you can put a sim in and see if it says emergency calls only or if it shows the network. You could have done either of those actions in a few minutes instead of arguing the toss for days with everyone in here who are only trying to help. In relation to where to get a charger you found this site so now go and look for Google. But bear in mind that Google only offer answers and if you dont like them you will have no one to argue with.

You can put the IMEI in to one of those sites and it will tell you if the number is network locked. If you're uncomfortable using one of those sites you can put a sim in and see if it says emergency calls only or if it shows the network. You could have done either of those actions in a few minutes instead of arguing the toss for days with everyone in here who are only trying to help. In relation to where to get a charger you found this site so now go and look for Google. But bear in mind that Google only offer answers and if you dont like them you will have no one to argue with.

What is this “arguing with everyone”?

There was no argument with Esel - neither of his/her points where helpful but nothing more was said in it.

There was only GBX - who is not “everyone” - and the “argument” sprang from him getting in a huff because I pointed out something he misunderstood.

My question was about using those sites - he offered an alternative. At no point did I dismiss those alternatives or claim them to be unhelpful. Quite the opposite.

That was 3 days ago and the thread was dead. Posting here like that now seems more like you are the person looking for an argument. No other reason to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement