Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jml Everbrite Solar Sensor Light any good? Or alternatives?

• 19-10-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the correct thread for this, the security one seems to be all alarms etc

Am thinking of getting a couple of these for my mother's house, anyone got experience of them?

https://www.woodies.ie/lighting-lightbulbs/outdoor-lighting/solar-lighting/jml-everbrite-solar-sensor-light-1144542

Are they bright, will they work well in winter (it stay on for the quoted 12 hours), and do they last long (as in will solar panel/battery or LED degrade after a year)?

I had a battery powered similar light which worked very well till water ingress ruined it but can't find that for sale anywhere.

Any other suggestions to avoid having to hook up to the mains?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You didn't have to say anything more than the first three letters

J M L

It has to be crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Much better alternatives in Amazon. See the reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭MrCostington

my3cents wrote: »
    You didn't have to say anything more than the first three letters

J M L

It has to be crap.

Ah OK. I've never had any of their products before, is that from personal experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ah OK. I've never had any of their products before, is that from personal experience?

Its the way they sell their products, take some thing really cheap that seems a good idea and advertise the hell out of it. Have you seen the in store video displays they have in the likes of Woodies to try and promote there products.

If JML sell it then its a good idea but often something you will use once then realise you didn't need it after all. Where its something that might be useful longer term you can usually (as already suggested) find a better and cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭MrCostington

listermint wrote: »
    Much better alternatives in Amazon. See the reviews

Just had a quick look there, will deff get from there thanks!

Anyone recommend one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Just bought myself a Livarno lux LED Solar spotlight from lidl.. I just tried it in a shed this evening and very impressed with the brightness . Only issue( so far) is it says max 60 seconds (light will stay on for I guess) it has a 3 year warranty so can't be too bad... Anyone else recommend any brands at say around €40-€50 .. its safer for me to use solar if its decent as I've old sheds, old wiring.. on a farm nobody lives in

Advertisement